Re: [android-building] Android.bp: target post processing

Jingwen Chen

Aug 9, 2022, 2:48:31 AM8/9/22
to android-...@googlegroups.com
If your post-processing is hermetic (i.e. fully defined inputs and outputs, with no interaction with the outside world), then a genrule will do the job.

Otherwise, I don't think it's something that the build system should be responsible for. Can you invert it, i.e. have your script be the entry point, and make it call the build system to post-process the outputs?

On Fri, Aug 5, 2022 at 7:33 AM John Delight <johnid...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Android Building group,

I am currently investigating to do something after specific target has been built, for exampe, once framework.jar has been built, run a specific script to process it (such as upload it to server for versioning).

After searched bp document,  it seems "genrule" could call a script, but not sure whether it could accept another target file in out dir as input, as I have seen in AOSP that "genrule" is mostly used to generate source file for other target.

I will try "genrule" first, meanwhile do you know the recommended way, or maybe it have hooks for target prost processing? Thanks!

Regards,
John

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/android-building/19b73c92-cf28-4000-9b07-a49965597fb7n%40googlegroups.com.

John Delight

Aug 11, 2022, 3:15:25 AM8/11/22
to android-...@googlegroups.com
It does make sense. Thanks for your help.