Cannot build Android 13 with audio.a2dp.default module

Michael Goffioul

Sep 13, 2022, 6:11:19 PM9/13/22
to android-...@googlegroups.com
I'm using a source tree derived from manifest android-13.0.0_r4. The build also adds audio.a2dp.default to PRODUCT_PACKAGES. The ckati step then fails with the following error:

build/make/core/tasks/platform_availability_check.mk:37: warning:  Following modules are requested to be installed. But are not available for platform because they do
 not have "//apex_available:platform" or they depend on other modules that are not available for platform
Offending entries:
audio.a2dp.default:packages/modules/Bluetooth/system/audio_a2dp_hw

Could you tell me how to avoid that error?

Note that it seems I'm not the only one having that problem, I found this gerrit change that refers the exact same problem:

Thanks,
Michael.

Dan Willemsen

Sep 13, 2022, 6:27:46 PM9/13/22
to android-...@googlegroups.com
audio.a2dp.default is now part of the bluetooth mainline module, and cannot be installed independently. It will be embedded in the mainline module instead.

- Dan

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/android-building/CAB-99LsR412BWPwztyQ5e-%3DV%3DYBHbSA6-0pOYqCAn0pTeW64gg%40mail.gmail.com.

Michael Goffioul

Sep 14, 2022, 8:35:54 AM9/14/22
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dan,

Thanks for the anwer. Would mind elaborate what you mean with "embedded in the mainline module"? When removing module audio.a2dp.default from PRODUCT_PACKAGES, the build succeeds, but I don't see the module (audio.a2dp.default.so) anywhere on the image. I also don't see "audio.a2dp.default" referenced in any Android.bp on https://cs.android.com. But the audio HAL 7.1 is still looking for that module.

Have the functionalities of audio.a2dp.default been integrated elsewhere, making the module obsolete?

Thanks,
Michael.