AOSP sepolicy_tests_intermediates/sepolicy_tests error on building using MAC Catalina

Dr. Dhanyu Eshaka

Nov 17, 2019, 12:23:34 PM11/17/19
to Android Building
After updating MAC OSX to 10.15.1 (Catalina) I get the following errors on sepolicy.

The target build device is Pixel 3a XL ( android-10.0.0_r10

I need to resolve this ASAP. Any help would be appreciated.

[ 77% 78861/101937] build out/target/product/bonito/obj/ETC/sepolicy_tests_intermediates/sepolicy_tests

FAILED: out/target/product/bonito/obj/ETC/sepolicy_tests_intermediates/sepolicy_tests

/bin/bash -c "(out/host/darwin-x86/bin/sepolicy_tests -l out/host/darwin-x86/lib64/libsepolwrap.dylib  -f out/target/product/bonito/obj/ETC/plat_file_contexts_intermediates/plat_file_contexts  -f out/target/product/bonito/obj/ETC/vendor_file_contexts_intermediates/vendor_file_contexts  -p out/target/product/bonito/obj/ETC/sepolicy_intermediates/sepolicy ) && (touch out/target/product/bonito/obj/ETC/sepolicy_tests_intermediates/sepolicy_tests )"

/bin/bash: line 1:  8780 Segmentation fault: 11  ( out/host/darwin-x86/bin/sepolicy_tests -l out/host/darwin-x86/lib64/libsepolwrap.dylib -f out/target/product/bonito/obj/ETC/plat_file_contexts_intermediates/plat_file_contexts -f out/target/product/bonito/obj/ETC/vendor_file_contexts_intermediates/vendor_file_contexts -p out/target/product/bonito/obj/ETC/sepolicy_intermediates/sepolicy )

06:54:50 ninja failed with: exit status 1

Jianwu Gao

Nov 22, 2019, 10:11:29 AM11/22/19
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hi
I got same errors,not fixed yet
Have you fix this issue?

Dr. Dhanyu Eshaka <dha...@gmail.com> 于2019年11月18日周一 上午1:23写道:

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/android-building/3abf0458-046d-4e69-8faf-fa483941e10b%40googlegroups.com.

Dr. Dhanyu Eshaka

Nov 23, 2019, 9:15:21 PM11/23/19
to android-...@googlegroups.com
No moved back to Mojave ..... MAC OSX 10.14
I think those errors has to do with Python compatibility issue or libsepolwrap.dylib conflict with Catalina

Please let me know if you fix this. I am curious to know

- Dhanyu

--
~Life is beautiful~

Dan Willemsen

Nov 23, 2019, 9:47:46 PM11/23/19
to Android Building
If you're trying to build android 10 (and not master), your best bet would be to run a VM with Linux in order to build -- it very well may be a faster build, and it will be a lot closer to what actually ships. The Mac build works well enough for development, but it's not as complete as the Linux build, and tends to require older Mac versions (the Mac version that was out when the Android version was being developed -- in this case, Android 10 should work fine with 10.14, but not 10.15).

It looks like it's crashing because libc++ is being embedded twice into the process (once as a shared library, then statically in the dlopened libsepolwrap.so). I've got a fix here: https://android-review.googlesource.com/c/platform/system/sepolicy/+/1173528

- Dan

Ray Kelly

Dec 12, 2019, 1:04:55 PM12/12/19
to Android Building
Does this fix Andoid 9 as well?  I have the exact same issue using android-9.0.0_r46.  Thanks.

For more options, visit this group at

~Life is beautiful~

Ray Kelly

Dec 12, 2019, 1:04:55 PM12/12/19
to Android Building
I have the same issue and looking for a solution.   Hopefully we dont have to downgrade Catalina.

andrada anca

Mar 31, 2020, 1:22:55 PM3/31/20
to Android Building
MacOS Catalina, 10.15.
Building the aosp_car_x86_64 target, Android 10.
I manually added the changes in your commit, and fixed the sepolicy_tests.

Thanks!

For more options, visit this group at

~Life is beautiful~

Andrei Verdes

Apr 15, 2020, 4:20:32 PM4/15/20
to Android Building
This fix saved my day, thanks!

刘焱

Apr 16, 2020, 10:35:46 AM4/16/20
to Android Building
Awesome! Saved my day!
Thanks a lot.

在 2019年11月24日星期日 UTC+8上午10:47:46,Dan Willemsen写道:

For more options, visit this group at

~Life is beautiful~

dha...@gmail.com

Oct 22, 2020, 1:49:34 AM10/22/20
to Android Building
What are the changes you have added ?

Please let me know

- DHanyu

Dr. Dhanyu Eshaka

Oct 22, 2020, 2:05:02 PM10/22/20
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Never mind. Just simply remove
libc++_static  from   system/sepolicy/tests/Android.pb

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/android-building/f5c52f09-b787-4c56-a030-1dd9d4b12afen%40googlegroups.com.

--
~Life is beautiful~