post install step for cc_binary

Abhayadev S

Oct 4, 2021, 3:13:59 PM10/4/21
to Android Building

Hi,

I have a cc_binary module (name myBin) defined in in a/b/Android.bp which is building fine and installs the binary in to out/..../system/bin/myBin

Now, every time the binary is built, i need to copy this binary in to another git repo project cloned in a/b/bins/ to keep the prebuilts

so, is there post build/install options i can use inside the Android.bp ?

regards,
abhay

Dan Willemsen

Oct 4, 2021, 6:38:25 PM10/4/21
to android-...@googlegroups.com
No, the source tree should be considered read-only from within the build. I'd suggest doing this as a wrapper around the build, rather than inside the build. You can set up `dist` options so that `m ... dist` builds will copy artifacts (and logs -- it's meant to be used on build servers) to $DIST_DIR (defaults to out/dist/) after a build, but you'd still need something wrapping the build to put them where you wanted, so that may or may not simplify things.

- Dan

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/android-building/2edbc3a5-816e-4e12-8528-1cc0f0a7e841n%40googlegroups.com.

Abhayadev S

Oct 8, 2021, 5:37:59 PM10/8/21
to Android Building
Dan,
I was just trying out the "LOCAL_POST_INSTALL_CMD" (to execute some short shell scripts) and it works now in the Android.mk.
I could not find an equivalent for Android.bp though, do you know of any?

any way it works for now :)

cheers.