SNAP Working Groups from LP6

Gabriel Bodard

Jun 16, 2021, 6:49:16 AM6/16/21
to ancient...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

I'd like to follow up on the five SNAP working groups that were convened at the Linked Pasts 6 symposium last year, and see if anyone has anything to report yet. As a reminder, the WGs were:
  1. WG1: Proposal to add a gender property to SNAP Cookbook (Gabby B, Scott S, Tom G)
  2. WG2: Proposal to document types of person-like/group-like entity (Greta H, Ulrike P, Scott S, Gabby B)
  3. WG3: Proposal to revisit the structure of attestations in the SNAP Cookbook, preferably simplifying the SNAP side of things and pointing to a bibliographical (vel sim.) construct elsewhere, with the most basic possible unit for comparison between entities. (Hugh C, Yanne B, Alberto DR, Alexander IT)
  4. WG4: Proposal to encode qualification (e.g. uncertainty, sources, responsibility, disagreements, etc.) of assertions re identity, partial identity, relationships etc. (Nathan G, Gabby B, Yanne B, someone from MANTO)
  5. WG5: Proposal to add a SNAP property for event to the disambiguator class. (Gabby B, Richard L, Tom G)
There was a little progress on WG1 and WG5, which I will report back on once I've conferred with the other participants (and if anyone would like to join those groups, please let me know!)

Greta, Hugh, Nathan, were you leading groups 2, 3 and 4 respectively? Could someone let us know what progress has been made there?

Many thanks,

Gabby

==
Dr Gabriel BODARD (he/him)
Reader in Digital Classics

Institute of Classical Studies / Digital Humanities Research Hub
University of London
Senate House
Malet Street
London WC1E 7HU

E: Gabriel...@sas.ac.uk
T: +44 (0)20 78628752

Especially at the moment, I may email at odd hours of the day and night/days of the week. I do not ever expect a reply outside of your working hours.

Dr. Nathan P. Gibson

Nov 5, 2021, 10:54:29 AM11/5/21
to ancient...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,

I just want to apologize that I never followed up on WG4. For personal reasons, my capacity was extremely limited this year. For the same reasons, I also can’t manage to organize anything on the topic for the upcoming Linked Pasts. But if someone else is interested in doing so, there is still a tiny bit of time left to send in a suggestion.

I hope I can reenter the conversation at some point in the future!

All best,
Nathan

Nathan P. Gibson, Ph.D.
Principal Investigator, Communities of Knowledge/Wissensgemeinschaften (🌐 usaybia.net)
Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München
Institut für den Nahen und Mittleren Osten
✉️ nathan...@lmu.de

Associated Projects: Syriaca.orgBiblia Arabica