New book: congratulations to Langsheng Zhang

Chaitanya Sambrani

Feb 20, 2023, 1:20:00 AM2/20/23
to Australasian Network for Asian Art

Dear AN4AA Community,

Congratulations to Langsheng Zhang on the publication of this book based on his PhD dissertation (ANU, 2020)!

Langsheng Zhang, The Spirit of Individualism: Shanghai Avant-Garde Art in the 1980s

Palgrave Macmillan 2023

https://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-981-19-8653-6#book-header

See reviews by David Elliott and Qiu Xiaolong on the link above.

With thanks to Caroline Turner for the good news.

Chaitanya

Dr Chaitanya Sambrani (he/him)

Associate Professor (Reader), Centre for Art History and Art Theory

Convenor, Higher Degrees by Research

School of Art and Design

The Australian National University

Canberra ACT 0200 Australia

e: Chaitanya...@anu.edu.au

Zoom Personal Meeting ID: 958 868 1635 passcode 147021

ANU Researcher Profile: https://researchers.anu.edu.au/researchers/sambrani-cv

I acknowledge and celebrate the First Australians on whose traditional lands we meet and work, and whose cultures are among the oldest continuing cultures in human history.

lansheng zhang

Feb 21, 2023, 6:40:09 PM2/21/23
to Australasian Network for Asian Art
Dear Chaitanya,

Thank you very much for posting the news about my book. It has been a long journey and arrived with satisfaction. Thanks to Caroline too for passing on the information. This project can not be realised and achieved the such result without her as I stated in the book's acknowledgement section. May I also take this opportunity to thank the members of this network who supported and helped me during my PhD dissertation period, especially Clair Roberts who I stated also in the book's acknowledgement section.

Warm regards,

Lansheng

Yin Cao

Feb 21, 2023, 9:55:07 PM2/21/23
to an...@googlegroups.com

Congratulations Lansheng!

Looking forward to knowing more about your book.

All the best,

Yin

Feb 21, 2023, 11:37:21 PM2/21/23
to an...@googlegroups.com
Wonderful news Zhang! It was a long journey, but your book makes such an important contribution to the field of Chinese art. Many congrats again!

Best wishes
Sophie

lansheng zhang

Feb 25, 2023, 1:08:10 AM2/25/23
to an...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Yin! Haven’t seen you for a while. Shall we catch up for a coffee?

I would also like to ask you if you are interested to host my book launch if it is possible at the NSW Art Gallery Library or the Asian Art section?

Best wishes,

Lansheng

Dr Lansheng Zhang (he/him)
Research Fellow, China Studies Centre
University of Sydney

Michelle Antoinette

Feb 25, 2023, 1:26:22 AM2/25/23
to an...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations Lansheng!  That's wonderful news.
Warm wishes,
Michelle

Dr Michelle Antoinette

Researcher of Modern & Contemporary Asian Art

Senior Lecturer, Art History and Theory Program

Program Coordinator, Bachelor of Art History and Curating

MONASH

ART

DESIGN &

ARCHITECTURE

Monash University

Building B, Room 6.21, Caulfield Campus

900 Dandenong Road

Caulfield East VIC 3145

Australia

T:  +61 3 990 31856

E:  michelle....@monash.edu

W: monash.edu/mada

I acknowledge and pay respect to the Traditional Owners, and Elders past and present, of the lands and waters on which Monash University operates. At MADA we acknowledge Aboriginal connection to material and creative practice on these lands for more than 60,000 years, and celebrate their enduring presence and knowledge.

CRICOS Provider 00008C/01857J