Struggling to use AltAnalyze.

JASON BYRNE

Aug 1, 2020, 5:09:29 PM8/1/20
to altan...@gmail.com, alt_pre...@googlegroups.com
Dear Dr Salomonis,
I hope you're doing well over in Cincinnati.
I'm a Irish MSc Immunology student doing a research project analyzing microarray datasets for alternative splicing/exon usage.

I have watched your excellent video tutorials on Youtube and learned a lot, thank you, however I'm still at a loss as of how to generate my comparison i.e. my splicing index for my research.

My input file is an "other id" data file, derived from GEO exon array files which have been cleaned up via R studio.
I'm just looking for a small bit of clarification about how I could perhaps run this?
Apologies for the naive email, I struggle with the new language data science has presented to me.

Anyway, just wanted to say thank you so much for developing such a useful software and being so helpful with your video tutorials.
I would really appreciate if you could offer me some advice, and I also appreciate how busy you must be in the medical field in the US.

Thanks a lot,
Best wishes,
Jason Byrne

Nathan Salomonis

Aug 3, 2020, 3:35:46 PM8/3/20
to Alternative Splicing and Functional Prediction, JASON.BY...@mumail.ie
Hi Jason,

Sorry for the late reply. Can you clarify what your input file types are and for which microarray platform. Not all array platforms are supported, but typically the input file format types are CEL files from Affymetrix experiments.

Best,
Nathan