Alluxio V1.8.1 : how to set glusterfs as underfs when GlusterFS is not co-located with Alluxio node

miang...@gmail.com

Oct 31, 2018, 10:37:14 PM10/31/18
to Alluxio Users

Hi,
     We use three machines to deploy Alluxio 1.8.1 release.  now we want to configure Alluxio with GlusterFS as the under storage system.  we have checked https://www.alluxio.org/docs/1.8/en/ufs/GlusterFS.html. but we cannot find how to configure if GlusterFS is not  co-located with Alluxio nodes.   we configure alluxio-site.properties as follows:

165470934.jpg

    But after  run "./bin/alluxio-start.sh all". we cannot found the UnderFS capacity in website "master:19999/home".  we check the master.log ,we found alluxio cluster cannot found glusterfs :

捕获.PNG

      If GlusterFS bricks are co-located with Alluxio nodes, we configure alluxio-site.properties with "alluxio.underfs.address =/mnt", alluxio can find GlusterFS bricks.  Now,  we are wondering how to configure Glusterfs as underfs when the  GlusterFS bricks is not  co-located with Alluxio nodes.
Another question is how to make sure the all the data write to alluxio will persist in underfs like GlusterFS .

Thanks
Kevin

Bin Fan

Nov 1, 2018, 2:36:29 AM11/1/18
to Alluxio Users
hi Kevin,

for the first question, right now Alluxio only supports to connect to GlusterFS through local mount (co-located with Alluxio nodes).
Alluxio does not have a connector to connect to remote GlusterFS currently.
Here are tutorial to develop such a connector (link)

for the second question, overwrite property key
alluxio.user.file.writetype.default=CACHE_THROUGH
to enable sync write to Alluxio & UFS.

for more details.

- Bin

Frank Yu

May 30, 2019, 11:35:20 PM5/30/19
to Alluxio Users
Hi kevin,

have you solve this problem by implement a new connector or just use glusterfs as co-located with alluxio node?
I have same situations ...

Calvin Jia

Jun 5, 2019, 6:15:50 PM6/5/19
to Alluxio Users