akaros build error

syzbot

May 30, 2019, 6:34:06 PM5/30/19
to aka...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

syzbot found the following crash on:

HEAD commit: 31a0e267 Run default init script at boot when using defcon..
git tree: akaros
console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=13d81d72a00000
kernel config: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=efef8cf2939304d3
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=937229b36a1c9db4ef02

Unfortunately, I don't have any reproducer for this crash yet.

IMPORTANT: if you fix the bug, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: syzbot+937229...@syzkaller.appspotmail.com

failed to run ["make" "-j" "32" "xcc"]: exit status 2

---
This bug is generated by a bot. It may contain errors.
See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for more information about syzbot.
syzbot engineers can be reached at syzk...@googlegroups.com.

syzbot will keep track of this bug report. See:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#status for how to communicate with syzbot.

Aditya Basu

May 30, 2019, 7:51:53 PM5/30/19
to syzbot, aka...@googlegroups.com, Dmitry Vyukov
Hi Dmitry,
We recently changed the build process for Akaros. Mainly we made changes to the
environment variables. The following steps should fix the build issue -

* Remove the environment variable: AKAROS_XCC_ROOT (refer to commit: bdab8c3a)
* Add environment variable: AKAROS_TOOLCHAINS which points to the parent directory
of the old AKAROS_XCC_ROOT (refer to commit: 62ec5c3c). The commit message also
has this information.
* For x86_64 builds, add "$AKAROS_TOOLCHAINS/x86_64-ucb-akaros-gcc/bin" to the PATH.

Aditya

Dmitry Vyukov

May 31, 2019, 4:36:21 AM5/31/19
to Aditya Basu, barret rhoden, syzbot, 'Dmitry Vyukov' via Akaros
On Fri, May 31, 2019 at 1:51 AM Aditya Basu <mit...@google.com> wrote:

> Hi Dmitry,
> We recently changed the build process for Akaros. Mainly we made changes to the
> environment variables. The following steps should fix the build issue -
>
> * Remove the environment variable: AKAROS_XCC_ROOT (refer to commit: bdab8c3a)
> * Add environment variable: AKAROS_TOOLCHAINS which points to the parent directory
> of the old AKAROS_XCC_ROOT (refer to commit: 62ec5c3c). The commit message also
> has this information.
> * For x86_64 builds, add "$AKAROS_TOOLCHAINS/x86_64-ucb-akaros-gcc/bin" to the PATH.
>
> Aditya

Hi Aditya,

I am out of cycles to maintain all OSes and builds at the moment. If
anybody is up to fixing it, the relevant code is here:
https://github.com/google/syzkaller/blob/master/pkg/build/akaros.go
https://github.com/google/syzkaller/blob/master/pkg/vcs/akaros.go
https://github.com/google/syzkaller/blob/master/sys/targets/targets.go#L290

syzbot

Oct 25, 2019, 4:52:07 AM10/25/19
to aka...@googlegroups.com
Auto-closing this bug as obsolete.
Crashes did not happen for a while, no reproducer and no activity.