FW: sad news

Kreinovich, Vladik

Jan 22, 2021, 3:07:32 PM1/22/21
to ai...@googlegroups.com, Longpre, Luc, Kreinovich, Vladik

https://blog.computationalcomplexity.org/2021/01/alan-selman-1941-2021.html

Alan Selman, a leader in structural complexity and a founder of the complexity conference, passed away this morning.

He was also one of the pioneers of successfully using Kolmogorov complexity ideas and techniques to analyze computational complexity of different problems.

Ming Li

Jan 22, 2021, 8:32:37 PM1/22/21
to ai...@googlegroups.com

Condolences! Alan will be missed dearly.
Ming

On 2021-01-23 4:07 AM, Kreinovich, Vladik wrote:

> https://blog.computationalcomplexity.org/2021/01/alan-selman-1941-2021.html
> More information: http://www.hutter1.net/ait.htm
> <http://www.hutter1.net/ait.htm>
> ---
> Groups "Algorithmic Information Theory" group.
> an email to ait0+uns...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:ait0+uns...@googlegroups.com>.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ait0/5370ac03698247cebe885b6375220936%40ITDSRVMBX010.utep.edu
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ait0/5370ac03698247cebe885b6375220936%40ITDSRVMBX010.utep.edu?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Paul Vitanyi

Jan 23, 2021, 8:12:51 AM1/23/21
to Ming Li, ai...@googlegroups.com
Let me join in saying "sad loss". Alan was always very friendly and inspiring.

Paul