Digital Program Coordinator - Interim Report - Information Only

Neil Houghton, AIS Images

Nov 16, 2020, 12:44:19 PM11/16/20
to Michelle Snyder, ais...@googlegroups.com, Neil Houghton
I am not scheduled to report on Wednesday nor for quite a while to come.  I did feel however that some of the ideas in this report should at least be shared for consideration at a later date.  This Report is INFORMATION ONLY.

Interim Rerport - Digital Program Coordinator 2020-11-16.docx

susandriver801

Nov 16, 2020, 12:57:01 PM11/16/20
to ais...@googlegroups.com, Michelle Snyder, Neil Houghton
I think you make some excellent points, Neil. Good report!

Susan Driver

Jody Nolin

Nov 16, 2020, 1:36:43 PM11/16/20
to ais...@googlegroups.com, Michelle Snyder, Neil Houghton
Excellent ideas, Neil.

Jody Nolin

Phyllis Wilburn

Nov 16, 2020, 1:53:33 PM11/16/20
to ais...@googlegroups.com
I agree totally.  This is the future whether we have a pandemic or not.  I did speak to a member at a sale this weekend who admitted that she does not watch the Webinars or things like that, because they are given at a scheduled time that does not fit with her schedule.  This emphasizes the need to make these digital programs  for JT training or whatever, available so that folks can view them at their own convenience.

Neil Houghton, AIS Images

Nov 16, 2020, 4:15:00 PM11/16/20
to ais...@googlegroups.com, Neil Houghton
Some materials been made available through the AIS YouTube Page.  The Webinars are there. This is great!  The issue has more to do with Judge’s Training where the use should not be open without some controlled access and cooperation with Regional Coordinators,  When it comes to JT some rules about how much of it can be and should be online.  How is the process mamboed and how is access limited?  In my experience JT sessions are wonderful even for those of us not in the pipeline to become trainers.  How do we establish the auditing?  One solution would be to publish thenm with out the tests for instance… these are the issues to be considered.

Regions or locals have purchased their own Zoom Meeting subscription.  This cost $150/year. For some meetings the webinar format  would be better, The Zoom Webinar at the 100 participant level is an additional fee of $40/month/host with one host and to exceed 100 participants goes to $140/moth/host…  It took a great deal of convincing to get the my region to spend $150.

Something to think about, but for now, working to collaborate and setting a common process for AIS to facilitate this is a starting point.

Neil Houghton, AIS Image Coordinator
AIS Member, Region 2 (NY.ON,QC)
ima...@irises.org
3873 Rush Mendon Road
Mendon, NY 14506
iPhone: (585) 301-8256 (Voice/SMS)
Home:  (585) 624-4225 (Voice only)

andi rivarola

Nov 16, 2020, 5:17:03 PM11/16/20
to ais...@googlegroups.com
The webinars are available online at our AIS YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/theamericanirissociety

Last week's webinar has already been uploaded.

Screen Shot 2020-11-16 at 2.10.40 PM.png

Also, AIS President Jody Nolin has assigned Electronic Services Chair, Lorene Crone to research possible platforms where JT's (including tests) can be accessed via login.

Please note that the Zoom Pro platform rates are:

One month: $14.99/month, or if paid annually: $149.90 (20% off the monthly payment rate) for up to 100 participants.
Just saw this special on Zoom today: November 16, 2020.

Screen Shot 2020-11-16 at 2.07.53 PM.png
So, I believe the fee becomes: $120 if payable annually (translates to $20 a month!).

Andi Rivarola

--
Andi Rivarola

Lois Rose

Nov 16, 2020, 7:23:28 PM11/16/20
to ais...@googlegroups.com
My local club would very much like to use some of these webinars for programs at our meetings, JT or not.  If we could meet at the local library, we could use my laptop and the library's wifi and digital projector to do that, but during the pandemic the library is not allowing meetings.  We have another large meeting space we can use, but it doesn't have wifi.  The webinars can't be downloaded as near as I can tell, so is there a way we can get them in a format we could run on a laptop without internet connection?  The club does have a digital projector.

Lois Rose
AIS Exhibitions Committee
P.O. Box 30
Partlow, VA 22534