Error while using REST API & export the band structure data

蔡宜靜

Apr 22, 2022, 5:49:59 AM4/22/22
to aiidausers
Hi,

I'm running through the QE-AiiDA tutorial ,
and face some problems described below:

1. REST API

First, I type in `verdi restapi` in the terminal:
截圖 2022-04-22 下午4.48.55.png

Second, I start a new terminal and generate ngrok connection like this:
截圖 2022-04-22 下午4.48.47.png

Last, I type in the URL in Materials Cloud like this, and get an connection error:
截圖 2022-04-22 下午4.57.54.png

2.Export the band structure data

Next, I run the following commend:
截圖 2022-04-22 下午5.47.08.png
and here is the error message I get:

截圖 2022-04-22 下午5.49.14.png

Thanks for your help!

Sincerely,
Yi-Ching Tsai

Kristjan Eimre

Apr 28, 2022, 7:01:44 AM4/28/22
to aiidausers
Hi!

For point 1:

Make sure that
* you keep `verdi restapi` running in the terminal;
* use HTTPS instead of HTTP at the start of the url in the MaterialsCloud input box.

Also, if you're running the aiida instance locally, you don't need to use ngrok. You can just enter directly http://127.0.0.1:5000/api/v4 in the MaterialsCloud interface.

For point 2:

What might help is to update aiida-core. I see that in 1.6.6, a bug related to that string was fixed (https://pyup.io/changelogs/aiida-core/).

Hope this helps!

Kristjan

蔡宜靜

May 6, 2022, 1:18:17 AM5/6/22
to aiidausers
Dear Kristjan,

I've upgrade the 'aiida-core' to verdion2.0.1,
and it has a problem with connecting to RabbitMQ(figure showed below):

截圖 2022-05-06 下午1.13.18.png

and I can't find any solution to this problem...!

Thanks for your help!!

Sincerely,
Yi-Ching Tsai
kristja...@epfl.ch 在 2022年4月28日 星期四下午7:01:44 [UTC+8] 的信中寫道:

蔡宜靜

May 6, 2022, 1:22:35 AM5/6/22
to aiidausers
Dear Kristjan,

For the RESTAPI problem:
1. I'm sure that 'verdi restapi' keeps running on the terminal
2. I've tried to use 'https' instead of 'http' in the box, but it still doesn't work out

Thank you very much!!

Sincerely,
Yi-Ching Tsai

蔡宜靜 在 2022年5月6日 星期五下午1:18:17 [UTC+8] 的信中寫道:

Sebastiaan Huber

May 6, 2022, 3:15:55 AM5/6/22
to aiida...@googlegroups.com
Dear Yi-Ching Tsai,

It would be good to check whether RabbitMQ is actually running.
I am not sure on what operating system you are running, but if it is Ubuntu, you can check with

    sudo service rabbitmq-server status

If it shows a problem, try to restart the service with

    sudo service rabbitmq-server restart

Hope that helps,

Sebastiaan
--