curious about development

tony seth

Feb 19, 2019, 5:34:47 PM2/19/19
to AGRIP Project
Heya there all:
Just curious about the development of the new launcher and such. I've been away for a long time, and re-joined, since I'm not sure of what may have happened to my old account. I was here previously as stringfellow, but don't know if it disappeared or what, though I've seen my posts. Still very interested in Audio Quake.
Take care...
Cheereo!

Francisco Del Roio

Feb 19, 2019, 5:44:55 PM2/19/19
to agrip-...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

Currently, development is totally inactive.

Cheers,

tony seth

Feb 19, 2019, 6:31:48 PM2/19/19
to agrip-...@googlegroups.com
Bummer that, kindo' what I thought. Still, guess good to know. Good
thing I got the old linux version still 'cause although this one
works, sapi still dies out after a while. Ah well.
>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/agrip-project/04dd7641-4b87-4677-a541-e3900452d908%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>> .

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/agrip-project/CAPSCNeDGSXNmVZbYEXM9e-gDb%3DrYCQVJ9DvireBt_kGAnak3Jw%40mail.gmail.com.

mattias jonsson

Feb 19, 2019, 11:44:42 PM2/19/19
to agrip-...@googlegroups.com

tony seth

Feb 20, 2019, 4:12:32 AM2/20/19
to agrip-...@googlegroups.com
Hiya there:
I know you can't download the pak files or anything like that anymore,
but you can tell it to install the agrip stuff, for that matter I've
had the windows version working for years, up until a month or so ago,
when some kind of update broke it.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/agrip-project/16909384af0.274c.afbff0009b353412c733e12e23e6ae2b%40gmail.com.

matatk

May 14, 2019, 9:13:26 AM5/14/19
to AGRIP Project
Hello all,

I've been quiet here for some time, as I have not had any news on development. Sorry I missed this thread earlier in the year. I have been trying on-and-off for some time to bring the code to modern versions of macOS and Windows so it can still be played, and hopefully so that I can get the Level Description Language running again.

I've just made quite a big step towards this - finally merged in the new Launcher GUI, which will work on both macOS and Windows, when I have done a bit more work on Windows.

If you're feeling intrepid, you can check out the latest code on GitHub: https://github.com/matatk/agrip - I'll try to produce some ready-to-run packages for both macOS and Windows at some point in the next few weeks. However I have a bit of text-to-speech work to do on Windows first, so there's not much point in trying to build it there.

Do I understand correctly that you're unable to download the data files these days? They are still available, at the same URLs I thought. If this is a problem, I can check it out soon.

Hope this is of interest, and it's amazing to find that there are those of you still out there and playing the game!

best regards,

Matthew

tony seth

May 14, 2019, 12:41:10 PM5/14/19
to agrip-...@googlegroups.com
Oh yeah! man it's good to hear from ya!
I actually do have the data files because I did purchase the windows
version a while back so I'd always have them.
The text to speech being the big kink as it were, would be the reason
I'd wait, but just the same I'll check out the git hub repo soon as I
get back from doin' some computer stuff shoppping.
Again thanks much for sticking with this awesome project.
Take care...
Cheereo!