Agile to c-level executives

Hernan Sartorelli

Nov 15, 2020, 7:32:12 AM11/15/20
to AgileGames
Hello Everyone,
Could you share a virtual game or activity to introduce c-level executives to agile leadership? Thanks in advance,
Hernán

Ram Srinivasan

Nov 15, 2020, 8:12:21 PM11/15/20
to agile...@googlegroups.com
What is "agile leadership"? And how is it different from "leadership"?

--
Sent from a "not so smart" phone, usually has a tendency to mess up spellings and grammar through autocorrect

Hernan Sartorelli

Nov 15, 2020, 8:52:05 PM11/15/20
to AgileGames
Hi thanks for your questions,

Agile Leaders focus on three things: (1) they create and nurture a culture in which experimentation and learning are embraced; (2) they collaborate with employees (at all levels in the organization) to find common values to create a greater goal for the company and the teams; and (3) they create an organizational structure that reinforces and rewards the other two dimensions.

Sorin Sfîrlogea

Nov 16, 2020, 2:00:32 AM11/16/20
to agile...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

If you ask me, the main flavor of Agile leadership is the approach. An Agile leader is a servant leader.

Sorin Sfirlogea

Mike Burrows

Nov 16, 2020, 5:47:04 AM11/16/20
to agile...@googlegroups.com

If a facilitated reflection & discussion with the goal of generating outcomes meets your definition of a game, try the Agendashift True North exercise (agendashift.com/true-north and scroll down a bit). I've used it with participants at every level (mixed audiences even better).

I would caution that prevailing leadership styles may have an impact on the kind and quality of obstacles generated, but if you're well enough prepared it creates a powerful teachable moment – hence the link you'll see there to Good Obstacle, Bad Obstacle. Getting multiple levels of seniority in the room really helps too – that's my Rule of Three.

Hope that helps,
Mike

--
Mike Burrows
Founder, Agendashift; consultant, facilitator, coach, trainer, and author:

Yves Hanoulle

Nov 16, 2020, 7:41:30 AM11/16/20
to agilegames
for that I have a 3 hour workshop called the leadership game

Where people experience three types of leadership:

- command and control
- no leader
- servant leadership

Yves

Op ma 16 nov. 2020 om 08:00 schreef Sorin Sfîrlogea <sorin.s...@gmail.com>:

Yves Hanoulle
Current community project that need YOUR help:
  • CoachRetreat in your country >> mail me
Last book: https://leanpub.com/TipsFromTheTrenches

Hernan Sartorelli

Nov 16, 2020, 4:26:57 PM11/16/20
to AgileGames
Thank you everyone for your messages. I will read the material that you have provided me.