XP game

MA

Aug 6, 2022, 12:32:39 PM8/6/22
to AgileGames
Hi,

I want to run XP game in non IT companies. Has anyone any experience about it?
Please let  me know about that.

Thanks,
Mehri

Yves Hanoulle

Aug 6, 2022, 12:49:20 PM8/6/22
to agile...@googlegroups.com
yes I have

What is your goal. What do you want to teach them?
What is the industry of the company and what does the team do?

yves

Op za 6 aug. 2022 om 18:32 schreef MA <m.as...@gmail.com>:

Yves Hanoulle (he/him) 0476 43 38 32
www.hanoulle.be

My book: Tips From The agile Trenches (TFTaT) now available on amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Tips-agile-Trenches-Yves-Hanoulle/dp/9464209712/
and leanpub https://leanpub.com/TipsFromTheTrenches
All my other books: https://www.hanoulle.be/books/

      MA

      Aug 9, 2022, 10:13:31 AM8/9/22
      to AgileGames

      Hi,

      Recently, according to the digital transformation movements in different industries, I decided to introduce agile principles and values to non-IT people as well.

      In my research, I found XP game in “https://www.agilebelgium.be/games/” as an interesting method for understanding and practicing agility.

      I didn’t find any information and feedbacks about this game in other sites, so I don’t know whether it is a useful  method for learning agility for non IT people in practice or not.

      Mehri

      Mark Levison

      Aug 9, 2022, 12:14:55 PM8/9/22
      to agile...@googlegroups.com
      Mehri - there are lots and lots of Agile Games. I have a couple. This one might help: https://agilepainrelief.com/blog/learning-scrum-through-games-golidocks-iteration-ii.html

      However, Yves has asked an important question. What your Learning Objectives? If you don't have a clear idea of what you're trying to achieve, it won't happen.

      I can use the game I showed to help see the importance of backlog refinement, definition of done or a hundred other things. Without a clearly defined, small target it will be difficult to achieve. The other thing, unless you have alot experience as an educator, you might want to start small. 2-3 learning objectives, covered in max two hrs.

      Cheers
      Mark

      MA

      Aug 11, 2022, 2:20:32 PM8/11/22
      to AgileGames
      Hi Mark,

      Thank you for answer

      We want to familiarize our audience with the agile thinking framework as a different thinking paradigm, and give them an overall understanding of agile principles and practices. This is done in order to make them interested in learning more about agile

      You say we should choose some concepts like "estimation", "DoD" and …, then run related game. Did I get it right?

      Regards,
      Mehri