Event: Spatial network analysis with the sfnetworks package

afrimapr

Oct 28, 2021, 5:49:50 AM10/28/21
to afrimapr
Hi all,

RLadies Johannesburg is hosting a session on the sfnetworks package in R on Tuesday 2 November from 16:30 - 18:30 SAST (14:30 - 16:30 UTC). The session is hosted online and free to attend. https://www.meetup.com/rladies-johannesburg/events/281697414/

Details
Renate Thiede will be talking about the {sfnetworks} package. The sfnetworks package combines the power of igraph (graphs) and sf (spatial data) to handle spatial networks such as road networks. This package facilitates the easy creation of spatial networks, both from manually-defined coordinates and from road network datasets; supports data cleaning; and possesses a wealth of network data manipulation and analysis techniques, including node clustering, route analysis and distance calculations. Easy conversion to sf also allows for sophisticated visualisation of analysis results in geographical space.

About the speaker:
Renate is a PhD student in the Department of Statistics at the University of Pretoria.

Seems like this may be of interest to people in our community.

Kind regards,

Anelda

Anoibi Matthew

Nov 2, 2021, 10:41:54 AM11/2/21
to afrimapr
Hi all,

I need someone to see me throught how I can attend this event.  I followed the link provided on the meetup site, it was opened in zoom but it requested passcode. No pass code was provided for attendees

On Thu, Oct 28, 2021 at 11:47 AM Anoibi Matthew <anoibi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Great!
Thanks alot