Dabiri’s US travel warning causes diplomatic row | TheCable

Joe Attueyi

Mar 7, 2017, 1:00:20 PM3/7/17
to NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, rot...@yahoo.com, yana...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaO...@yahoogroups.com, vincent...@msn.com, IGBO WORLD FORUM IGBO WORLD FORUM, talkn...@yahoogroups.com, raay...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, Okonkwonetworks, nebuka...@aol.com, Michael Adeniyi, niger...@yahoogroups.com, ebo...@dmu.ac.uk, Ishola Williams, Ike Agbor, africanw...@googlegroups.com, Abba, naija...@googlegroups.com, olaka...@aol.com
Buhari's government is just full of very incompetent folks running around like headless chickens. Consistently scoring own goals

Joe

".....The US authorities are not taking her statement lightly and have protested to the ministry of foreign affairs.

A senior official of the ministry told TheCable: “The US authorities are worried that she made such a weighty statement without investigation, without evidence. The bigger issue, though, is that it is not within her remit to issue travel advisory to Nigerians. It is the job of the foreign affairs ministry.

“By failing to observe due protocol, she has caused a diplomatic problem for the country which we have to carefully manage. A travel advisory is a serious issue that cannot be issued by a presidential aide.”

TheCable understands that high-level meetings are ongoing to contain the potential crisis."

Sent from my iPhone

Joec...@yahoo.com

Mar 7, 2017, 4:06:41 PM3/7/17
to NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, rot...@yahoo.com, yana...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaO...@yahoogroups.com, vincent...@msn.com, IGBO WORLD FORUM IGBO WORLD FORUM, talkn...@yahoogroups.com, raay...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, Okonkwonetworks, nebuka...@aol.com, Michael Adeniyi, niger...@yahoogroups.com, ebo...@dmu.ac.uk, Ishola Williams, Ike Agbor, africanw...@googlegroups.com, Abba, naija...@googlegroups.com, olaka...@aol.com
I hope this will lead to a better coordination with the foreign ministry
__._,_.___

Posted by: Joe Attueyi <topc...@yahoo.com>

Disclaimer:
Forum members are reminded that NaijaPolitics is established to be a moderated forum for gavel-to-gavel discussion of political developments in Nigeria, Africa's largest democracy. Freedom of opinion/expression is inherent in NaijaPolitics. Views and opposing views expressed in NaijaPolitics forum are the rights of individual contributors. Mutual respect for people's views is the corner stone of our forum. Freedom of speech applied responsibly within the guiding parameters of Yahoo! Inc (our hosts) and NaijaPolitics Rules and Guidelines (broadcast monthly and accessible to all subscribers in our archives) is our guiding principle. Everyone posting to this Forum bears the sole responsibility for any legal consequences of his or her postings, and hence statements and facts must be presented responsibly. Your continued membership signifies that you agree to this disclaimer and pledge to abide by our Rules and Guidelines.
NaijaPolitics is division of Afrik Network Groups.
Latest Version of Disclaimer released (December 15, 2005)

.

__,_._,___

afis 'Deinde

Mar 7, 2017, 4:23:04 PM3/7/17
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, rot...@yahoo.com, yana...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaO...@yahoogroups.com, vincent...@msn.com, IGBO WORLD FORUM IGBO WORLD FORUM, talkn...@yahoogroups.com, raay...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, Okonkwonetworks, nebuka...@aol.com, Michael Adeniyi, niger...@yahoogroups.com, ebo...@dmu.ac.uk, Ishola Williams, Ike Agbor, Abba, naija...@googlegroups.com, olaka...@aol.com

“By failing to observe due protocol, she has caused a diplomatic problem for the country which we have to carefully manage. A travel advisory is a serious issue that cannot be issued by a presidential aide.”......The Cable.

This is bullshit.
Time wasters.
There are Nigerians turned back from the JFK airport during the Trump Intifada.
So what's wrong in what Erelu warned?
I bet this is a jekojeko news, no crisis can come from this crap.
Afis

Sent from my iPhone

afis 'Deinde

Mar 7, 2017, 4:25:47 PM3/7/17
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, rot...@yahoo.com, yana...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaO...@yahoogroups.com, vincent...@msn.com, IGBO WORLD FORUM IGBO WORLD FORUM, talkn...@yahoogroups.com, raay...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, Okonkwonetworks, nebuka...@aol.com, Michael Adeniyi, niger...@yahoogroups.com, ebo...@dmu.ac.uk, Ishola Williams, Ike Agbor, Abba, naija...@googlegroups.com, olaka...@aol.com

SOUND ADVISE:

"Speaking through Abdurrahman Balogun, her media aide, Dabiri-Erewa had said: “In the last few weeks, the office has received a few cases of Nigerians with valid multiple-entry US visas being denied entry and sent back to the Nigeria.

“In such cases reported to the office, such affected persons were sent back immediately on the next available flight and their visas were cancelled.”

She said the US immigration authorities did not give reasons for the decision to turn back Nigerians.

She advised that the US be avoided until the Donald Trump administration’s policy on immigration is clear.

“This is only to advise Nigerians without any compelling or essential reasons to visit the US to consider rescheduling their trip until there is clarity on the new immigration policy,” she said......." as Reported.

Afis
Sent from my iPhone

Okeosisi. Common Sense Uncommon Knowledge

Mar 7, 2017, 10:08:36 PM3/7/17
to Joec...@yahoo.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, rot...@yahoo.com, yana...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaO...@yahoogroups.com, vincent...@msn.com, IGBO WORLD FORUM IGBO WORLD FORUM, talkn...@yahoogroups.com, raay...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, Okonkwonetworks, nebuka...@aol.com, Michael Adeniyi, niger...@yahoogroups.com, ebo...@dmu.ac.uk, Ishola Williams, Ike Agbor, africanw...@googlegroups.com, Abba, naija...@googlegroups.com, olaka...@aol.com
Come to think of it, Trump does not have exclusive monopoly to flippant and unguarded statements. So, I say, give her a break.

The truth remains that there were travelers from Nigeria who where subjected to undue, degrading and humiliating screening. A case in point is that of software engineer reportedly subjected to a test before he was allowed entry into the country. So, the question is: Is text taking part of the immigration and visa processing entry requirements?

Again, I say, give her a break.

Oke Osisi
"Common Sense, Uncommon Knowledge"

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

Joec...@yahoo.com

Mar 8, 2017, 5:05:32 AM3/8/17
to NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, olaka...@aol.com, Idowub...@gmail.com, Raay...@yahoogroups.com, rot...@yahoo.com, yana...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaO...@yahoogroups.com, vincent...@msn.com, igbowor...@yahoogroups.com, talkn...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, okonkwo...@googlegroups.com, nebuka...@aol.com, niger...@yahoogroups.com, ebo...@dmu.ac.uk, isholaw...@gmail.com, ikea...@yahoo.com, africanw...@googlegroups.com, abba...@gmail.com, naija...@googlegroups.com
As l said before and some where else, l hope this will lead to more consultation and better coordination. I knew this would happen sooner or later and it came as no surprise that the foreign ministry reacted this way and now

On 8 Mar 2017, at 8:12 AM, Philip Achusim eze...@yahoo.com [NIgerianWorldForum] <NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Oga Mike:

But who told you what exactly your foreign minister is supposed to do? He is supposed to worry about foreign matters and foreigners. The last time I checked, Nigerians are not foreigners.

And I am
Ezeana Igirigi Achusim
Odi-Isaa
Nwa Dim Orioha AKA Onyeukwu.
Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Wednesday, March 8, 2017, 12:49 AM, Michael Adeniyi MGAd...@aol.com [NaijaPolitics] <NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Dr. Kassim:

Thanks for the clarity you shed on this issue.

So, Nigeria actually has a Minister of Foreign Affairs!  Where was he all this time when Nigerians with valid US visa were sent back at US port(s) of entry.  To my knowledge, Nigeria was not on Trump's list of seven barred nations.  Why then were Nigerians subjected to humiliation and denied entry to US?  Nigerians paid lots of money for US visa, plane ticket and other exigencies to be turned away by arrogant US border patrol.

A Nigerian computer scientist was recently given Google computer questions at a US airport to test his knowledge. The intervention of the party that invited him saved his trip; otherwise, he would have been sent back to Nigeria.

If Minister of Foreign Affairs had done his job, there would not have been any need for SSA Abike Dabiri-Erewa to issue travel advisory based on information provided by Nigerians who were denied entry to US.

Mike

Mar 8, 2017, 5:36:25 AM3/8/17
to Michael Adeniyi, olaka...@aol.com, Idowub...@gmail.com, Raay...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, rot...@yahoo.com, yana...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaO...@yahoogroups.com, vincent...@msn.com, igbowor...@yahoogroups.com, talkn...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, okonkwo...@googlegroups.com, nebuka...@aol.com, niger...@yahoogroups.com, ebo...@dmu.ac.uk, isholaw...@gmail.com, ikea...@yahoo.com, africanw...@googlegroups.com, abba...@gmail.com, naija...@googlegroups.com
MA,It is the responsibility of the SSA to coordinate her activities with the Ministry including seeking advice as befits a non-professional like her.Her act is inexcusable.
She could have also asked the Ministry to second a Foreign Affairs officers with experience,expertise and length of service to be in her Dept to take acre of such matters if she has got one yet.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs does not need to make an unneccessary pronouncements like her office did.
Please find another excuse for her.
As I always repeat,this presidency lacks Strategy in many areas and it is only after two years that they are now doing so hoping that APC will win the Elections in 2019.
Seriously,we copy structures like NSA and we donot know their roles and responsibilities.It is the job of NSA to harmonise/coordinate Foreign and Security Policies with NIIA and Others as Think-Tanks with Policyinputs.
We shall overcome.iw

 Ishola Williams Maj-Gen. (Rtd)

Mike

--
OkonkwoNetworks..........Building NIGERIA of our DREAM

Nelson Ekujumi

Mar 8, 2017, 7:21:35 AM3/8/17
to 'ishola williams' via OkonkwoNetworks, Michael Adeniyi, olaka...@aol.com, Idowub...@gmail.com, Raay...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, rot...@yahoo.com, yana...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaO...@yahoogroups.com, vincent...@msn.com, igbowor...@yahoogroups.com, talkn...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, nebuka...@aol.com, niger...@yahoogroups.com, ebo...@dmu.ac.uk, isholaw...@gmail.com, ikea...@yahoo.com, africanw...@googlegroups.com, abba...@gmail.com, naija...@googlegroups.com
Gen. Williams,

Unfortunately and in sync with you, Abike Dabiri Erewa over stepped her bounds in issuing a travel alert when Nigeria has a ministry of foreign affairs and she goofed big time and needs to be reprimanded.

Nelson Ekujumi
Sent from my Huawei Mobile

afis 'Deinde

Mar 8, 2017, 8:05:04 AM3/8/17
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, 'ishola williams' via OkonkwoNetworks, Michael Adeniyi, olaka...@aol.com, Idowub...@gmail.com, Raay...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, rot...@yahoo.com, yana...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaO...@yahoogroups.com, vincent...@msn.com, igbowor...@yahoogroups.com, talkn...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, nebuka...@aol.com, niger...@yahoogroups.com, ebo...@dmu.ac.uk, isholaw...@gmail.com, ikea...@yahoo.com, abba...@gmail.com, naija...@googlegroups.com
Alagba Nelson Ekujumi, nowadays your this loyalty to "all things APC" is really demeaning to your otherwise sterling qualities that I know, coming from your writings in the past.
There were Nigerians who lost their hard earned money thru flight tickets when they were turned back at the JFK.
Don't you think Nigerians deserved to know what they are getting into, and the status of traveling into the US?
If the foreign affairs ministry that is busy overcharging citizens passport fees, could not issue "travel alert", what you are now saying is that a diligent govt official cannot tell Joe Public what to expect in the US?

Did you know that those who took Emirates airline some of them were sent back and some of them spent more than 5hrs at the airport going thru unnecessary harassment and racially motivated interrogations, for no reasons other than either they have Muslim names or they took the forbidden airlines?

Alagba Ekujumi, stop feeding us these craps, it is an insult.

Afis
Sent from my iPhone

Mobolaji Aluko

Mar 8, 2017, 9:23:19 AM3/8/17
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, 'ishola williams' via OkonkwoNetworks, Michael Adeniyi, olaka...@aol.com, Idowub...@gmail.com, Raay...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaPolitics e-Group, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, rot...@yahoo.com, yana...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaO...@yahoogroups.com, vincent...@msn.com, igbowor...@yahoogroups.com, talkn...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, nebuka...@aol.com, niger...@yahoogroups.com, ebo...@dmu.ac.uk, isholaw...@gmail.com, ikea...@yahoo.com, abba...@gmail.com, naija...@googlegroups.com

Dear All:

Abike Dabiri-Erewa, SSA on Diaspora Affairs, did not issue a TRAVEL ADVISORY but travel ADVICE to those going to Nigeria.  An ADVISORY is a WRITTEN document by a certified officer, issued after due deliberation by a certified office, about an issue, eg involving trade, travel, etc.  Anybody can give an ADVICE......it is just that when sensationalism is the mischievous aim, when a particular OFFICER gives an ADVICE, it is suddenly wrongly escalated into an ADVISORY.

This is NOT the first time Abike has issued an advice.   If you check the records, she has given such  advice several times to Nigerians going to Libya, Italy, Egypt, Morocco, etc. that the grass is not always greener on the other side.  How many times have we not seen her welcoming back Nigerians from these far-away places who have been SORELY victimized for whatever reasons, returning under the most dreadful circumstances?

But that is always the nature of Nigeria, to DISCOURAGE those who would DO SOMETHING positive.  Is that not what you would do to your child - warn them about what they might face AT THIS TIME?  Must you wait to write a note to them about such a warning?

Ms. Abike Dabiri should be commended, not castigated.  Of course, with this controversy now, she will be more circumspect, not for doing wrong, but being in a wrong climate.

And there you have it.

Bolaji Aluko

'ishola williams' via OkonkwoNetworks <okonkwonetworks@googlegroups.com> wrote:

[...]

maxim...@yahoo.com

Mar 8, 2017, 9:30:53 AM3/8/17
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, 'ishola williams' via OkonkwoNetworks, Michael Adeniyi, olaka...@aol.com, Idowub...@gmail.com, Raay...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaPolitics e-Group, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, rot...@yahoo.com, yana...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaO...@yahoogroups.com, vincent...@msn.com, igbowor...@yahoogroups.com, talkn...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, nebuka...@aol.com, niger...@yahoogroups.com, ebo...@dmu.ac.uk, isholaw...@gmail.com, ikea...@yahoo.com, abba...@gmail.com, naija...@googlegroups.com
Ms. Abike Dabiri-Erewa should be preparing to become the next governor of her state, or at least senator.

That some wailers are engaging in vilification of her active engagement in the safety and welfare of Nigerians travelling abroad (working hard and being productive in her office), should encourage her to be even more vociferous.

Those who want to keep wailing are only tweeting her horn for her. And those who hear clearly are encouraged to support her even more strongly.

Those who have ears ...

O.E.

[...]

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "OkonkwoNetworks" group.

OkonkwoNetworks.......... Building NIGERIA of our DREAM

Mobolaji Aluko

Mar 8, 2017, 9:42:11 AM3/8/17
to naijaintellects, Nebukadineze Adiele' via NaijaEvent, okonkwo...@googlegroups.com, mgad...@aol.com, Dr. Ola Kassim 416-500-0850, Idowu Awosika, Ra'ayi, NaijaPolitics e-Group, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, rotimi fashakin, Yan Arewa, NaijaO...@yahoogroups.com, Vin otuonye, Uwa ndiIgbo, talkn...@yahoogroups.com, OmoOdua, niger...@yahoogroups.com, John Ebohon, Ishola Williams, Ike Agbor, africanw...@googlegroups.com, Abba Gumel

Dear All:

All of you fellows shooting your mouths off about what Abike Dabiri has done - like this ghost called Nebukadineze below being acutely rude - where were you all when she issued not just an ADVICE but an ADVISORY on Libya back in January:

QUOTE

FG advises Nigerians to avoid Libya

Published

Olalekan Adetayo, Abuja

The Federal Government on Monday warned Nigerians to avoid Libya as penalty for illegal migration to the country is death sentence when caught.

The Senior Special Assistant to the President on Foreign Affairs and Diaspora, Mrs. Abike Dabiri-Erewa, made the call in a statement made available to journalists.

She made the call following video and pictures being circulated on the alleged killings of black immigrants in Libya.

The presidential aide said although the authenticity of the pictures and videos were yet to be confirmed, Libya has been executing illegal immigrants for years.

The statement read, “The attention  of the office of the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Foreign Affairs and Diaspora has been drawn to a video and pictures being circulated on the purported killing of black immigrants in Libya.

“While the authenticity of the pictures and tapes in question cannot be verified, it is a known fact that Libya has been executing alleged black illegal immigrants for years.

“As the Chairman Committee on  Diaspora in the House of Representatives in the Seventh Assembly, we intervened in the case of 24 Nigerians about to be killed in Libya.

“The Committee, in collaboration with SERAP, an NGO,  petitioned the UN, AU, ECOWAS, and Ghadaffi yielded to pressure and released them.

“As at two months ago, NEMA alongside, the Nigerian Embassy in Libya evacuated over 2000 Nigerians from Libya.

“The Nigerian embassy in Libya, working with NEMA has relentlessly intervened in cases involving Nigerians in trouble in Libya and will continue to do so.

“Libyans are dealing with their own struggles as there is no recognised government in place.

“The office of the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Foreign Affairs and Diaspora hereby appeals again to Nigerian migrants to avoid Libya as penalty for illegal migration to Libya, when caught, is usually a death sentence.”

UNQUOTE

So because she does it about the USA now, you all suddenly become contorted out of shape?

Or she has been speaking out on South Africa:

Or all of her work while in the House:

Too many Nigerians are ungrateful wretches - even for those who seek their own good.  That is why we are where we are.

Bolaji Aluko
Indignant

On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 3:24 PM, 'Nebukadineze Adiele' via naijaintellects <naijain...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

  • Where was he [Foreign Minister] all this time when Nigerians with valid US visa were sent back at US port(s) of entry. To my knowledge, Nigeria was not on Trump's list of seven barred nations. Why then were Nigerians subjected to humiliation and denied entry to US?  Nigerians paid lots of money for US visa, plane ticket and other exigencies to be turned away by arrogant US border patrol. A Nigerian computer scientist was recently given Google computer questions at a US airport to test his knowledge. The intervention of the party that invited him saved his trip; otherwise, he would have been sent back to Nigeria. (Mike Adeniyi)

It is disgraceful that Mike Adeniyi is dishonestly defending this Mbamiri lady (married to a Yoroba man) upon finding out that Nigeria's Foreign Minister is Igbo -- Onyeama. Mr Adeniyi is a smart fellow (he has been that smart throughout his duration on these forums) so I refuse to accept that the thoughtlessness he exhibited in defending the Erewa woman was to the best of his brain power.

(i) Having a valid US visa and getting into the US or any other country is a privilege, which can be withdrawn while the holder is in Nigeria, on the way to the US, at the port of entry into the US, and at anytime while visiting in the US. This affording and withdrawing of a privilege to visit is not something over which Foreign Ministers of other countries have a say. Bottom-line, Nigeria's Foreign Minister did not fail to do his job, for he has no role to play over who the US allows or disallows into its territory.

(ii) It is not an affront to Nigeria if US border agents turned back Nigerians who were visiting the US-- those agents do not have to explain why they turned back a potential visitor to the US to anyone. If some Nigerians consider US agents' performing of their job as humiliating of Nigerians, their only recourse is to avoid coming to the US, not whine like sissies by asserting rights that do not exist.

(iii) Abike Dabri-Erewa, probably with head swollen over having a redundant political position at which she, in turn, has personal assistants, one of who issued this circular on her behalf (just imagine a personal assistant having her own personal assistants), was over officious and should be fired for it. Not only was the circular she issued illegal, it was also too hefty a measure of an action of a government that, were it legal, only the Foreign Minister, after consulting with the president, could issue it.

(iv) General Williams is correct in inferring that the Buhari presidency is not just a colossal disappointment but also  a trickster in anticipation of the 2019 elections. It is sad to be dealing with the fact that the Muhammadu Buhari we supported for president, assumed to not be a man who would create a redundant office as Senior Special Assistant on Foreign Affairs and Diaspora, has created more such positions for political bootlickers. How could a nation that has a Minister of Foreign Affairs, Ambassadors, and Permanent Secretaries in the Ministry of External Affairs, have a special assistant to the president on the roles that all the institutions I mentioned are mandated by law to play? The president created more superfluous positions through which he is rewarding political cheer leaders, like Okoi Obono Obla, who is a special assistant to the president on prosecution.

The president needs not be advised on prosecutions because the Attorney General needs not seek his advice or permission to prosecute or not prosecute. The president can be briefed on prosecutions by the AGF, Solicitor General, or through his daily security briefings by security agency operatives. In addition, the president has a committee on prosecution or whatever -- this same charlatanism and cronyism is repeated in every department of our federation, with misfits drawing salaries they have no business drawing. All of these political jobber are drawing hefty salaries (we hear Okoi Obono Obla is now being driven around Abuja in a Bentley) while governor el-Rufai is rounding up disabled citizens of Kaduna state off the streets for begging for food or for money to buy food. This type of atrociousness and man's inhumanity to man is what Mazi Adeniyi should be protesting, not supporting an overfed, over pampered, and an over officious woman who illegally asserted an elitist right over another nation's immigration policy that is non existent.

Let us take it easy with parochialism, for crying out loud. President Buhari should fire this woman upon getting back to office, else other misfits will repeat her lawlessness. If he does not fire her, he will definitely lose control of his presidency, just as Jonathan lost his.

Nebukadineze Adiele
When you are too gentlemanly with SOBs and bullies, they grow wings and never change their vile habits. Ultimately, deep down, they are cowards. Ayo Ojutalayo, one of the accursed dunces that pollute our Naija forums and write in ignorance as one of his "free speech" exercises, is a prime example. (Paraphrased from Bolaji Ebeneza Aluko, an ignominiously fired Vice Chancellor of a Federal University in Nigeria).

Ayo Ojutalayo

Mar 8, 2017, 11:21:45 AM3/8/17
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, 'ishola williams' via OkonkwoNetworks, Michael Adeniyi, olaka...@aol.com, Idowub...@gmail.com, Raay...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, rot...@yahoo.com, yana...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaO...@yahoogroups.com, vincent...@msn.com, igbowor...@yahoogroups.com, talkn...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, nebuka...@aol.com, niger...@yahoogroups.com, ebo...@dmu.ac.uk, isholaw...@gmail.com, ikea...@yahoo.com, abba...@gmail.com, naija...@googlegroups.com
Before the Abike Dabiri's alert to Nigerians about Nigerians with valid visas being sent back from American airports, I heard of it. If it is true, we should care less how the Trump American government feels about Abike Dabiri's warning to Nigerians.

Nigeria and Nigerians should ignore complaints from an American government that does not treat visitors/immigrants/refugees/tourists with respect and civility at its ports of entry. If Nigeria gives its Special Assistant to the President the authority to issue travel advice/alert to Nigerians, so be it. America and other countries will have to live with it.

Ayo Ojutalayo

"When you are too gentlemanly with SOBs and bullies, they grow wings and never change their habits.  Ultimately, deep down,  they are cowards...Nebukadineze Adiele - not his parent-given name; one of the ghosts that pollute our Naija forums and write in pseudonym, as one of their "free speech" exercises  - is a prime example."
 . . . .  Bolaji Aluko

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. ” . . . Martin Luther King Jr

Mar 8, 2017, 12:11:50 PM3/8/17
to <NaijaEvent@googlegroups.com>, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, rot...@yahoo.com, yana...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaO...@yahoogroups.com, vincent...@msn.com, IGBO WORLD FORUM IGBO WORLD FORUM, talkn...@yahoogroups.com, raay...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, Okonkwonetworks, nebuka...@aol.com, Michael Adeniyi, niger...@yahoogroups.com, ebo...@dmu.ac.uk, Ishola Williams, Ike Agbor, africanw...@googlegroups.com, Abba, olaka...@aol.com
Please, the is a simple question about this travel warning from Nigerian Diasporan special assistant Abike Dabiri Erewa. She over reached with insubordination.

When Nigeria as nation have issues with other countries like USA, UK, South Africa etc.  on issues about diplomatic relations, Visa issues, international affairs issues, Trade, Military etc.

Question-- who  do these countries contact:
Answer--These countries will contact the Presidency and the Ministry with the Responsibility.

No foreign country contacts Special assistant no matter how much he or she is trying to be relevant or playing politics of over ambition.

The special assistant with authority from the presidency work at the directives of Ministry of Foreign affairs or other Ministries in charge of that issue as it relates to Nigerian Diaspora.

The presidency, all the minsters/Ministry and Ministry of Foreign Affairs deals with diplomatic issues,  because they all have all the expertise in thousands of people and with Millions and  Billion Dollars budget to work with. Special assistant is a messenger only to the Presidency and Ministries period. He or she has no diplomatic power to issue any order without authorization and so who authorized her on this issue. She over reached her authority with insubordination. period.

Ugo Ukandu

On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 1:00 PM, 'Joe Attueyi' via NaijaEvent <naija...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
[...]

Wilson Iguade

Mar 8, 2017, 12:22:44 PM3/8/17
to Ugo Harris Ukandu, Esan Community, develop...@googlegroups.com, <NaijaEvent@googlegroups.com>, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, yana...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaO...@yahoogroups.com, talkn...@yahoogroups.com, raay...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, Okonkwonetworks, niger...@yahoogroups.com, africanw...@googlegroups.com
There is no evidence that she overreacted. How did you know she overreacted? Overreacted to what?

You guys talking about "overreaction" are full of shit! (Useless opinions).

Ms. Dabiri was proactive in her action and may have guided Nigerians appropriately in their course of actions.

I say, she should overact AGAIN and AGAIN if below is the standard by which we measure "overreaction".

Stay tuned ...

Iguade

Sent from my iPhone

Asagwara, Ken (MET)

Mar 8, 2017, 12:40:38 PM3/8/17
to naija...@googlegroups.com, olaka...@aol.com, Idowub...@gmail.com, Raay...@yahoogroups.com, MGAd...@aol.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, rot...@yahoo.com, yana...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaO...@yahoogroups.com, vincent...@msn.com, igbowor...@yahoogroups.com, talkn...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, okonkwo...@googlegroups.com, niger...@yahoogroups.com, ebo...@dmu.ac.uk, isholaw...@gmail.com, ikea...@yahoo.com, africanw...@googlegroups.com, abba...@gmail.com

Ola Kassim, MD./Folks:

Before you blame Nigeria’s Foreign Minister and make him the fall guy for Ms. Abike Dabiri Erewa’s overreach, read the below news release from him.

Mazi KC Prince Asagwara

Foreign Minister contradicts Presidential Aide on US trip by Nigerians

By News Express on 08/03/2017

•Foreign Affairs Minister Geoffrey Onyeama.
Foreign Affairs Minister Geoffrey Onyeama.

Nigeria’s Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama, has refuted claims suggesting that Nigerians with valid visas and documents were denied entry into the United States.

He says there are no reports of Nigerians being turned back at any US airport.

This follows a warning issued by Special Assistant to President Buhari on Foreign Affairs and Diaspora, Abike Dabiri-Erewa on travels to the US.

Dabiri-Erewa on Monday said there were complaints by Nigerians with valid multiple-entry U.S visas being denied entry and sent back to Nigeria at U.S airports.

She had advised Nigerians who have no compelling or urgent reason to travel to the U.S to postpone their travel plans until the Trump administration’s policy on immigration was clear.

But the foreign affairs Minister, addressing journalists on Tuesday in Abuja, stated that any source of genuine information relating to Nigeria on the foreign scene can only come from the Presidency or his Ministry.

Onyeama added that the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has not gotten any information of the sort from the Nigerian consulate in US.

According to him, Nigeria is not among the countries currently under US travel ban as both countries enjoy cordial bilateral relations.

He urged Nigerians to dismiss Dabiri-Erewa’s advice.

US President Donald Trump on Tuesday signed a new executive order placing a 90-day ban on people from six mainly Muslim nations.

The revised order, which earlier featured Iran among six Muslim states including Libya, Syria, Somalia, Sudan and Yemen placed a 120 day ban on refugees.

The ban takes effect from 16 March to limit travel disruption.

Onyeama who also addressed the xenophobic attacks on foreigners including Nigerians in South Africa insisted that no Nigerian was killed in the attacks.

He added that the government is engaging the South African government at the highest level to put an end to the violence and attacks. (tv360nigeria.com)

Source News Express

Posted 07/03/2017 5:24:34 PM

Mazi Nwachukwu,

You are operating from a wrong premise and using it to deflect the fact that is before us. This is a Nigerian mentality that galls me -- it makes most peoples of other countries assume that Nigerians are dishonest, arrogant, and even dumb.

You capriciously asserted, in equivocality, that the Foreign Minister failed to comment on this matter, as if he/she was supposed to comment on it in the first place. No, sir, Foreign Ministers are not supposed to comment on internal policies of other countries if such policies have no bilateralism (that is to say, it affects the interests of both countries in mutuality). In addition, you are absolutely ignorant of what she did, for what you claim below was not what she did.

You also ignored the fact that this lady acted way outside of her authority. You and people who are involving the Foreign Minister are practically blaming him for her illegal action. Some of you Nigerians assert right where no such right exists and in the process ignore the fact or use it to scapegoat innocent people.

If you don't understand the type of games that some people play on these forums, please pay attention to those who do.

Nebukadineze Adiele
Organized religion sired irrationality.

The above subject-matter refers. Your comment is quite in order. I think people should look at issues critically before jumping into conclusions and apportioning blames. The pertinent question here is, where was the foreign minister all this time that Nigerians were being humiliated at the various port of entry to the US? There is nothing wrong for Dabiri to alert the Diasporas about the impending danger in travelling in and out of US without proper or valid documents; hence, by virtue of her office, she has a responsibility to Nigerian citizens travelling abroad! Let us not waste our time and energy dwelling on trivial issues. As a matter of fact, we have more serious problems facing us than this childish bickering.

H. U. Nwachukwu

To: olaka...@aol.com, Idowub...@gmail.com, Raay...@yahoogroups.com
Cc: NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, rot...@yahoo.com, yana...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaO...@yahoogroups.com, vincent...@msn.com, igbowor...@yahoogroups.com, talkn...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, okonkwo...@googlegroups.com, nebuka...@aol.com, niger...@yahoogroups.com, ebo...@dmu.ac.uk, isholaw...@gmail.com, ikea...@yahoo.com, africanw...@googlegroups.com, abba...@gmail.com, naija...@googlegroups.com
Date: Wednesday, March 8, 2017, 1:49 AM