Fwd: [CSJ] Adeosun: $300m Diaspora bond out in March

Joe Attueyi

Jan 11, 2017, 10:48:56 AM1/11/17
to yahoogroups, yahoogroups, rot...@yahoo.com, Ishola Williams, TalkNaija, Ra'ayi Riga, vincent...@msn.com, Omo Oodua, Okonkwonetworks, Truth As My Weapon, OlaKa...@aol.com, Yahoo! Inc., Yahoo! Inc., Agbor Ike, African GM, Mgbajala Eziokwu, ebo...@dmu.ac.uk, Nebuka...@aol.com, Michael Adeniyi, Abba, naija...@googlegroups.com, jigie...@gmail.com
When Diaspora Nigerians invest $300 MM in Nigeria I will campaign for them to have the vote.

Until then---no taxation; no representation!

Joe

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Omale Omachi Samuel <samsa...@gmail.com>
Date: 11 January 2017 at 8:56:32 AM GMT
To: csj <c...@pfm-ngr.org>
Subject: [CSJ] Adeosun: $300m Diaspora bond out in March

Adeosun: $300m Diaspora bond out in March

THE NATION
Adeosun: $300m Diaspora bond  out in March

Minister of Finance, Kemi Adeosun

he Minister of Finance, Mrs Kemi Adeosun, yesterday said the $300 million Diaspora bond approved by the National Assembly would be rolled out in March.

Mrs. Adeosun spoke yesterday when the Senior Special Assistant on Foreign Affairs and Diaspora, Mrs Abike Dabiri-Erewa,  visited her in Abuja.

“The Diaspora bond which the National assembly has approved where Nigerian in the Diaspora who wants to invest can key into, we are hoping that by March the Diaspora bond will be rolled out.

“Beyond that of course, the investment opportunities in Nigeria are very huge, a lot of Diasporans who are interested in investing at home are encouraged to do so.

“Government is putting in place a lot of incentives, such as infrastructures; and also creating conducive environment for them to thrive. We are encouraging them to come back home and join the trend,” she said.

Mrs. Adeosun noted that the Ministry of Trade and Investment was working  to reduce the bottlenecks hindering people from doing businesses.

Mrs. Adesoun, who was optimistic that 2017 would be a better year for Nigeria, said the country was going to overcome its challenges and all hands must be on deck to restore the economy.

“We are very confident that Nigeria is going to overcome its challenges; we have to ensure that we invest and ensure that the economy is moving,” she said.

Joe Attueyi

Jan 11, 2017, 11:53:11 AM1/11/17
to olaka...@aol.com, naijap...@yahoogroups.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, rot...@yahoo.com, isholaw...@gmail.com, TalkN...@yahoogroups.com, Raay...@yahoogroups.com, vincent...@msn.com, Omo...@yahoogroups.com, okonkwo...@googlegroups.com, igbowor...@yahoogroups.com, YanA...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaO...@yahoogroups.com, ikea...@yahoo.com, africanw...@googlegroups.com, Niger...@yahoogroups.com, ebo...@dmu.ac.uk, Nebuka...@aol.com, mgad...@aol.com, abba...@gmail.com, naija...@googlegroups.com, jigie...@gmail.com
Dr Kassim
I already have the vote---and already invested in Nigeria. Two strikes.

Here is opportunity for Diaspora Nigerians like Dr JUI to walk the talk. After all they reportedly already send $20 billion yearly to Nigeria via Western Union. Let's formalize a small portion of these. No?

Joe

Sent from my iPhone

On 11 Jan 2017, at 4:47 PM, olaka...@aol.com wrote:

Pastor Joe:

There are more than enough loaded Nigerians abroad
to fund the $300 Million USD Diaspora bond.

Do not forget that the Nigerian Diaspora now include folks
like Mrs Diezani, Nigeria's former Minister of Petroleum,
and her friend and business partner Mr Kola Aluko
not to mention folks like High Chief Elder Ibori who has just
regained his freedom after serving some jail term in London.

I doubt if the call for purchasers of the Diaspora bond would
accept those with clean money while rejecting those with dirty
money.

Needless to say, I can also mention thousands of  of Diaspora Nigerians
who have worked very hard for their money  who might be interested
in helping out Mother Nigeria by investing in the Diaspora Bond.

And at the rate that you are frequently traveling out of Nigeria
either for pleasure or business, you may qualify as a
a honorary Diaspora Nigeria and use your funds to bolster
the percentage of the holdings from the Diaspora with clean funds.

Bye,

Ola

maxim...@yahoo.com

Jan 11, 2017, 12:15:49 PM1/11/17
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, olaka...@aol.com, naijap...@yahoogroups.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, rot...@yahoo.com, isholaw...@gmail.com, TalkN...@yahoogroups.com, Raay...@yahoogroups.com, vincent...@msn.com, Omo...@yahoogroups.com, okonkwo...@googlegroups.com, igbowor...@yahoogroups.com, YanA...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaO...@yahoogroups.com, ikea...@yahoo.com, Niger...@yahoogroups.com, ebo...@dmu.ac.uk, Nebuka...@aol.com, mgad...@aol.com, abba...@gmail.com, naija...@googlegroups.com, jigie...@gmail.com
The question they are refusing to answer is:

1. Is this one going to be stolen too like all the loans" and other funds they have looted without fail?
2. Is it going to be mismanaged and used to pay ghost "salaries" like they did before?
3. What, specifically is the money going to be "invested" in?

The number 3 question is more imperative. they have to show us a plan on how they will spend the money and what they will spend it on.

Not asking them up front, as some will like to do saying they don't want to "waste time" or such foolishness, is sure invitation to disaster.

There are still too many demon parasites in government for this to be safe for diaspora Nigerians to invest their hard earned money.

This may turn out to be another mmm or ponzi scheme, or they may turn it into such.

Those who have ears ...

O.E.

afis 'Deinde

Jan 11, 2017, 12:40:03 PM1/11/17
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, yahoogroups, yahoogroups, rot...@yahoo.com, Ishola Williams, TalkNaija, Ra'ayi Riga, vincent...@msn.com, Omo Oodua, Okonkwonetworks, Truth As My Weapon, OlaKa...@aol.com, Yahoo! Inc., Yahoo! Inc., Agbor Ike, Mgbajala Eziokwu, ebo...@dmu.ac.uk, Nebuka...@aol.com, Michael Adeniyi, Abba, naija...@googlegroups.com, jigie...@gmail.com
Is NEPA working?
Ok I know APC is working!!!
Because Chief Eze from Rivers state said so.
But is NEPA or its cousins working?

No NEPA, no me buying buying Bonds!!!
Shikena
Afis

Sent from my iPhone

Joe Attueyi

Jan 11, 2017, 12:40:27 PM1/11/17
to NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaO...@yahoogroups.com, olaka...@aol.com, naijap...@yahoogroups.com, rot...@yahoo.com, isholaw...@gmail.com, TalkN...@yahoogroups.com, Raay...@yahoogroups.com, vincent...@msn.com, Omo...@yahoogroups.com, okonkwo...@googlegroups.com, igbowor...@yahoogroups.com, YanA...@yahoogroups.com, ikea...@yahoo.com, africanw...@googlegroups.com, Niger...@yahoogroups.com, ebo...@dmu.ac.uk, Nebuka...@aol.com, mgad...@aol.com, abba...@gmail.com, naija...@googlegroups.com, jigie...@gmail.com
Nnamochie
😂😂😂😂😂
It is not that bad o!

 Diaspora Nigerians can solve that problem by

1) getting World bank insurance called MIGA. World bank insures FDI into 3rd world countries-- to help convince /mitigate risk for investors

2) Control the Investment Committee that will decide where and how the funds will be invested. Every PE firm does that

3) Nominate appropriately experienced Diaspora Nigerian managers into investee companies. So investors have their own vetted folks looking after their investments

Every problem has a solution.

Joe

Sent from my iPhone

On 11 Jan 2017, at 5:24 PM, Philip Achusim eze...@yahoo.com [NIgerianWorldForum] <NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Nwadiana:

Folks in the Diaspora read Ezeana, you know. If people in the Diaspora were to pool $300mm for investment in Nigeria, the natives would loot the whole thing. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me again, shame on me. Sorry, nwadiana, I had to tell the truth as always.

The natives have traps set for folks from the Diaspora and they always succeed in snaring victims. Diaspora folks spend $millions on primary elections in Nigeria and have nothing to show for it. Here are guys in the Diaspora living in their own houses in the Diaspora. The most modest of these houses have running water, sewer, electricity and gas, with paved sidewalks and streets. What do you think the natives are peddling to folks in the Diaspora? For $200,000, they can get to buy homes in Nigeria that don't have running water, no sewers, no electricity and no gas or paved street. You must be kidding. With $200,000, I can buy hectares of land and build my own village in any village in Nigeria. Oh no. If folks in the Diaspora pool $300mm, the money would grow some feet and walk out of the bank and folks in the Diaspora would only blame themselves for failing to read Ezeana.

And I am
Ezeana Igirigi Achusim
Odi-Isaa
Nwa Dim Orioha AKA Onyeukwu
Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

__._,_.___

Posted by: Philip Achusim <eze...@yahoo.com>

.

__,_._,___

Joseph Igietseme

Jan 11, 2017, 12:56:23 PM1/11/17
to Joe Attueyi, igbowor...@yahoogroups.com, Niger...@yahoogroups.com, olaka...@aol.com, mgad...@aol.com, ikea...@yahoo.com, NaijaO...@yahoogroups.com, africanw...@googlegroups.com, Raay...@yahoogroups.com, isholaw...@gmail.com, rot...@yahoo.com, abba...@gmail.com, YanA...@yahoogroups.com, naijap...@yahoogroups.com, naija...@googlegroups.com, TalkN...@yahoogroups.com, Omo...@yahoogroups.com, vincent...@msn.com, Nebuka...@aol.com, ebo...@dmu.ac.uk, okonkwo...@googlegroups.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com

Pastor Joe Attueyi,
Haha. ..!
Happy New Year, Guys/Gals! ! JUI just returned from the Mother/Fatherland, Nigeria & it appears that he's returning to the same old stuffs in the forum:
1. Pastor Joe is still on his Diaspora-bashing mission, refusing to take responsibility for how his co-homefolks have misruled, mismanaged & raped our dear country Nigeria. It's all selfishness, greed & avarice with nobody apparently giving any hoot about national development especially the public infrastructures, utilities & services.
2. During my public lecture at the College of Medicine, University of Nigeria, Enugu Campus, I asked the question: Is there any nation on Planet Earth that has recorded any meaningful progress in science/technology R&D, educational advancement, industrialization & sustainable production economy without public infrastructures, utilities & services? Everybody said: Mmba ooo.....haha! So all the selfishness, greed & avarice at the expense of societal development will lead us nowhere if we still take Nigeria to be our home.
3. Whether Pastor Joe doubts the validity of the World Bank-, IMF- & Nigeria's ministry of Finance-certified $20B+ annual infusion into the Nigerian economy or not, the fact is that he's yet to disprove the data. It's the same Nigerian- styled cynicism & aspersions, even as ineptitude & cluelessness pervade the ranks & files of the home-based folks running Nigerian affairs since independence.
4. The Diaspora Commission & Voting bills should have been no brainer in a country like Nigeria boasting of a dynamically robust, resourceful & willing Diaspora Community. But we are where we are now because the greedy homefolks managing the affairs in Nigeria will usually like to reap where they've not sowed! They're gong-ho about Diaspora bond while the Diaspora Commission & Voting bills that were conceived over 15 years ago during the Obasanjo administration are still floating aimlessly in the air!
The benefits of the Diaspora Commission & Voting laws cannot be over-emphasized & this is why several industrialized countries & even raggedy fledgling countries practice them around the world.
Na wa for our people & the Pastor Joe's at home oooo.....haha! Take care. JUI

__._,_.___

Posted by: Joe Attueyi <topc...@yahoo.com>

******************

UPCOMING EVENTS & PUBLIC NOTICE:
*****************===============
=========
BE PART OF THE SOLUTION - JOIN OUR MEETUP GROUP AT
http://www.meetup.com/ncbn-ca/
SEE EVENTS HAPPENING GLOBALLY IN OUR NETWORK.

===============
The Who s Who of Nigerian decent in Canada Hardcover Book.
-------------------------------
Please submit your 250 word biography and photo to who...@npbn.org   to be included in the first edition of the book. Share this notice with your family and friends!
==============================
============================== -------------------------------
Go to www.PrePay4Africa.com  -The Fastest Way to
Prepay for Services or ReCharge Airtime for People in Africa.
==============================

&quot;No part of any discussion on NigerianID may be used, quoted, or referred to, without the express permission of the individual author, or the Chief moderator  All discussions on NigerianID are the express property of the author and NigerianID.&quot; Copyright 2006-2016.  NigerianID.  All Rights Reserved.

Nigerian Professionals and Business Network.  Our mission is to promote the spirit of patriotism, networking, and cooperation among Nigerians in Diaspora.... http://www.ncbn.ca
.

__,_._,___

Chukwuma S. Agwunobi

Jan 11, 2017, 3:46:29 PM1/11/17
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, Joe Attueyi, igbowor...@yahoogroups.com, Niger...@yahoogroups.com, olaka...@aol.com, mgad...@aol.com, ikea...@yahoo.com, NaijaO...@yahoogroups.com, Raay...@yahoogroups.com, isholaw...@gmail.com, rot...@yahoo.com, abba...@gmail.com, YanA...@yahoogroups.com, naijap...@yahoogroups.com, naija...@googlegroups.com, TalkN...@yahoogroups.com, Omo...@yahoogroups.com, vincent...@msn.com, Nebuka...@aol.com, ebo...@dmu.ac.uk, okonkwo...@googlegroups.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com
2. During my public lecture at the College of Medicine, University of Nigeria, Enugu Campus, I asked the question: Is there any nation on Planet Earth that has recorded any meaningful progress in science/technology R&D, educational advancement, industrialization & sustainable production economy without public infrastructures, utilities & services? Everybody said: Mmba ooo.....haha! So all the selfishness, greed & avarice at the expense of societal development will lead us nowhere if we still take Nigeria to be our home. By Kukuruku Josef Stalin Igietsme

Kukuruku Josef Stalin Igietsme:

Just take style and withdraw that line where you stated So all the selfishness, greed & avarice at the expense of societal development will lead us nowhere if we still take Nigeria to be our home”

I say withdraw your statement before I pounce on you like Vultures eating the carcass of dead animal. Before my eyes a shameless hugger Mugger like you have the audacity to lectures about patriotism and selfishness. You are the one been selfishness, greed & avarice.

Kukuruku Josef Stalin Igietsme, tell Nigerians, Africans and the whole world what transpired between us in 2016? You have no shame to use words SELFISH enh?

I want Kukuruku Josef Stalin Igietsme, to tell the audience what happened and I will post few exchanges I had with him. I will give you all names and phone numbers of reputable Nigerians from Yoruba, Calabars and Edos. They are all Medical Doctors and Police Officers.

This THING called Kukuruku Josef Stalin Igietsme put shame on Nigerians in Diaspora. He gave us/me run and around when people, lives are at Stake. These fellows are not even Igbo’s, Ukwuani or other part of Nigeria but from BINI, AGENEBODE/AUCHI and Yoruba.

Kukuruku Josef Stalin Igietsme, you are damn very, very lucky that I wasn’t in Nigeria when you went to give your bloody Lecture at University of Nigeria, Enugu Campus because I could risked everything in my life to make sure your are chased out of the Campus like AWO was chased out of ABA in 1978.

I mean it from the BOTTOM of heart that I could make it possible for them to withdraw any Security Guard protecting you there. You are a useless and a wicked man. This is how educated idiots like you go to Nigeria to brag and promise poor people what you can do, but fall flat when it comes the time to walk the walk.

I will be a dead man to allow wicked souls like you to go about deceiving poor people you’re your AMERICA Boyoyo personality.

Amadioha scatter a pandering sycophant and Oratorical opportunist like you. Why should I be a Nigeria with a cunny soul like you?

I will be back with more details when you respond.

NA ME AND UNA

And with this, I rest my case.

Chukwuma "Vicious Animal" Agwunobi
Seattle, Washington U. S. A

Joe Attueyi

Jan 11, 2017, 4:11:41 PM1/11/17
to naija...@googlegroups.com, yahoogroups, Yahoo! Inc., olaka...@aol.com, yahoogroups, rot...@yahoo.com, Ishola Williams, TalkNaija, Ra'ayi Riga, Omo Oodua, Okonkwonetworks, Truth As My Weapon, Yahoo! Inc., Agbor Ike, africanw...@googlegroups.com, Mgbajala Eziokwu, ebo...@dmu.ac.uk, nebuka...@aol.com, Michael Adeniyi, Abba, jigie...@gmail.com
Vin
You gotta have skin in the game--by whatever name called

Joe

Sent from my iPhone

On 11 Jan 2017, at 8:54 PM, Vin Otuonye <vincent...@msn.com> wrote:

Joe:

So investment is now taxation?

Get Outlook for Android

Joec...@yahoo.com

Jan 11, 2017, 7:13:04 PM1/11/17
to NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, olaka...@aol.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, rot...@yahoo.com, isholaw...@gmail.com, TalkN...@yahoogroups.com, Raay...@yahoogroups.com, vincent...@msn.com, Omo...@yahoogroups.com, okonkwo...@googlegroups.com, igbowor...@yahoogroups.com, YanA...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaO...@yahoogroups.com, ikea...@yahoo.com, africanw...@googlegroups.com, Niger...@yahoogroups.com, ebo...@dmu.ac.uk, Nebuka...@aol.com, mgad...@aol.com, abba...@gmail.com, naija...@googlegroups.com, jigie...@gmail.com
I am really looking forward to the establishment of the Bond. When l first muted the idea of the Bond in 2005, very few  in government showed any interest. Accompanied by John GEORGE, former NIDO chairman (Europe) l took the case for the Diaspora Bond to the CBN Governor, Prof Soludo. He was supportive but worried about cost and gave the assurance that the CBN would look into it. The battle was later taken up by Ngozi and now we have Kemi Adeosun set to implement it almost 12 years after l first proposed the idea.
I was told a few minutes before l put on my iPad to read my mails by a professor who called to invite me to a conference later in March this year, that ideas don't die. How true this is. Good 12 years after. To the Nigerian Diaspora, make this a success please.
__._,_.___

Posted by: Joe Attueyi <topc...@yahoo.com>

Disclaimer:
Forum members are reminded that NaijaPolitics is established to be a moderated forum for gavel-to-gavel discussion of political developments in Nigeria, Africa's largest democracy. Freedom of opinion/expression is inherent in NaijaPolitics. Views and opposing views expressed in NaijaPolitics forum are the rights of individual contributors. Mutual respect for people's views is the corner stone of our forum. Freedom of speech applied responsibly within the guiding parameters of Yahoo! Inc (our hosts) and NaijaPolitics Rules and Guidelines (broadcast monthly and accessible to all subscribers in our archives) is our guiding principle. Everyone posting to this Forum bears the sole responsibility for any legal consequences of his or her postings, and hence statements and facts must be presented responsibly. Your continued membership signifies that you agree to this disclaimer and pledge to abide by our Rules and Guidelines.
NaijaPolitics is division of Afrik Network Groups.
Latest Version of Disclaimer released (December 15, 2005)
.

__,_._,___

vincent modebelu

Jan 11, 2017, 7:19:20 PM1/11/17
to AfricanworldF, africanw...@yahoogroups.com, eze...@yahoo.com, peter opara, Rex Gomes, Stevek, The Cable, The Eagle Online, The Gazelle News.com, THE NATION NEWSPAPER, the Sun Newspaper, thecableng, TheCitizen, thegi...@ymail.com, Thenationonlineng Info, thenigerianvoice.com, thepubli...@yahoo.com, thinkl...@gmail.com, Yahoo! Inc., OBSERVE YOURSELF
Diaspora bond vs MMM vs BitCoin

Adeosun took over  $1 =N199

Today
$1 =N467

100% plus

Adeosun bond will pay 7%  in many years

MMM pays 30% in one week
BitCoin pays BitCoin according to speculators and greed.

You can see that Daispora bond will put your monies in BONDAGE

Please keep away from Adeosun and her Bond scam.

They will use these monies to fix North east / maidugiri then peg your exchange rate at $1 = 288 and  cash you out.

Let them sell these bonds to Northern Oil men and leave Diasporans alone.

We cannot even vote
But they need our monies.

DUMB HEADS

http://umuahiaibeku.com/Thepic2.jpg

[...]

vin.....///

 Observe and see

__._,_.___

Posted by: Joe Attueyi <topc...@yahoo.com>

.

__,_._,___

Mobolaji Aluko

Jan 11, 2017, 8:51:39 PM1/11/17
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, olaka...@aol.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, rot...@yahoo.com, isholaw...@gmail.com, TalkN...@yahoogroups.com, Raay...@yahoogroups.com, vincent...@msn.com, Omo...@yahoogroups.com, okonkwo...@googlegroups.com, igbowor...@yahoogroups.com, YanA...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaO...@yahoogroups.com, ikea...@yahoo.com, Niger...@yahoogroups.com, ebo...@dmu.ac.uk, Nebuka...@aol.com, mgad...@aol.com, abba...@gmail.com, naija...@googlegroups.com, jigie...@gmail.com

My People:

The Nigerian Diaspora Bond initiative is a worthy one.  Provided it is:

        - sovereign-guaranteed
        - dollar-denominated
        - has different small-, medium- and high-investment thresholds
        - reasonable coupon rates (rates of return)
        - reasonable (or even variable) maturity rates
        - focused infrastructural projects that have a national breadth

I think that it will have many initial takers (followed later by more initially-skeptical takers) once the periodic interests due are paid on time.  Although called a "Nigerian Diaspora Bond", it need not be confined to "Nigerian Diaspora", even if the Diaspora could be first preferred takers before opening it up to others.

If it is to be launched in March, this is the time to publish the Prospectus.

Bolaji Aluko

PS:  The essay below gives a good insight in Diaspora savings and bonds....

Billions in African diaspora savings could bolster growth

IRIN News

The African diaspora and migrants have for years been instrumental in helping family and friends at home get by, as huge annual remittance flows illustrate, but their contributions beyond remittances could have a significant impact on development, if tapped into.

According to the World Bank, African diaspora savings, at US$53-billion every year, exceed annual remittances to the continent and are mostly invested abroad.

"If one in every 10 members of the diaspora could be persuaded to invest $1 000 in his or her country of origin, Africa could raise $3-billion a year for development financing," Dilip Ratha and Sonia Plaza write in the World Bank's 2011 report, "Diaspora for Development in Africa".

Many Africans living abroad feel a strong sense of connection and want to contribute to development at home. Dr Girma Tefera, chair of the US-based Ethiopian-American Doctors Group (EADG), says among professionals in the diaspora there is a real desire to use their expertise and skills to make a difference in home countries.

"A lot of my colleagues' primary motivation is to give back to the society at large back home," Tefera says of the 171 Ethiopian physicians in the US who have pledged money and time to the EADG's project to build a state of the art hospital in Addis Ababa.

Gaetan Gatete, president of the Rwandan Diaspora network USA, says they are looking at what they can give, but also at what they can get in return. "We are thinking about how we can invest our money, how we can be the business link between here and our homeland," Gatete told Irin.

Through entrepreneurship, skills and technology exchange, increased trade links, philanthropic foundations, investment, and heritage and tourism links, diaspora groups, individuals and networks are giving back in various ways.

Governments not doing enough
Even so, few African governments have managed to engage expatriates successfully in poverty reduction efforts and development. A recent policy brief from the Migration Policy Institute (MPI), a US-based think-tank studying the movement of people globally, says governments need to be much more proactive if they are to reap concrete benefits from their diaspora.

Kathleen Newland, MPI's migration and development specialist, says African governments need to find out more about their diaspora populations, and to build solid relationships with them to implement coherent engagement policies, rather than treating them as either foreigners or locals.

"Social marketing is not something that many countries have done well, and few have developed good communications with [their] diaspora on a regular basis," Newland says.

At least 32 African countries have now set up specialised units or ministries to engage with the diaspora, but these are often understaffed and underfinanced. As a result, "There is not a wide knowledge among diaspora [members] of government initiatives," Newland said.

Chukwu-Emeka Chikezie, Director of Up!-Africa Limited, a consultancy firm working with diaspora members in the private sector, says home-country governments cannot rely solely on emotional bonds to get people in the diaspora involved in homeland development. "The Office of Diaspora Affairs is there, but have they been able to really integrate it within their development agenda? That's where there has been a failing," said Chikezie.

Ethiopia, Rwanda
A few countries are making progress, notably Ethiopia and Rwanda, which are reaching out to their expatriates through targeted campaigns seeking investment in development projects in the home country, formal diaspora policies, dual citizenship for diaspora members, and supporting global diaspora networks to forge strong connections with their foreign-born populations.

The Ethiopian Diaspora Directorate, established in 2002, now has a web portal with information for their diaspora on investment and trade opportunities in Ethiopia, development projects, the government's diaspora policy, and which support services are available in Ethiopia.

Foreign-born Ethiopians can apply for a "yellow card", allowing them similar rights and privileges to a homeland citizen. Yellow card holders can enter the country without a visa, work without a permit, and are eligible for state pension schemes.

Ethiopia's ministry of health has set up a diaspora unit to work with closely with Tefera's EADG hospital project. The ministry has also been active in skills exchanges, bringing home expatriate medical professionals to work in the health sector, which has led to the country's first emergency response residency programme.

In August 2012, Rwanda's government set up the Agaciro fund, a "solidarity fund" aiming to get Rwanda off foreign aid and to self-finance development. The fund, managed by the ministry of finance, will close at the end of 2013. According to its website, contributions have reached RwF20.4-billion ($30.3-million).

Fidelis Mironko, focal point for the diaspora at the Rwandan Embassy in Washington, says people in the diaspora are eager to contribute but the government has not yet decided how the funds will be used.

Diaspora bonds
Bonds targeting expatriates have worked for other developing nations, including India. Some African countries – Ethiopia, Rwanda and Kenya – have issued such bonds to fund particular infrastructure and development projects, but without much success.

A bond is a government-issued IOU, or acknowledgment of debt, to support government spending. It promises to pay the purchaser periodic interest and the face value at the maturity date. Diaspora bonds target members of a country's community abroad, presuming that their emotional, cultural and familial ties will attract them to invest where the average foreign investor might not.

Diaspora bonds typically offer small denominations and are marketed to expatriate communities, whose long-term and emotional connection to their homelands often make them open to smaller returns or riskier propositions than the average foreign investor.

Dele Meiji Fatunla, a Nigerian-British writer working at the Royal African Society in Britain, says the limited success of African diaspora bonds lies in misgivings about the ability of governments to deliver, and poor marketing. "As an African in the diaspora I haven't really seen any targeted information that would compel me to… invest in diaspora bonds. There has to be a lot more focused marketing and encouragement to invest."

If African governments were to offer their diaspora voting rights, this would be an added inducement. "You would certainly have more of an investment if you are able to vote. And you will be more likely to invest once you are part of choosing a government and being involved in the political process," Fatunla notes.

MPI's Newland says offering voting rights to people in the diaspora is complicated because they will form a significant part of the electorate but do not necessarily have to live with the consequences of their vote.

Donors and diaspora
Many diaspora groups looking to contribute to development at home are led by volunteers with full-time jobs, which often results in a lack of organisation and oversight, and less strategic and sustainable interventions.

For these reasons Western donors have been wary of engaging with diaspora groups in the past, though they are increasingly interested in capitalising on the unique position of diaspora members to help in achieving development objectives.

Romi Bhatia, an advisor for Diaspora Partnerships at USAids's Office of Innovation and Development Alliances, says one of the biggest challenges to making use of diaspora resources is capacity. "Often, diaspora [organisations] want to work with USAid but there is a capacity gap. We need them to be a registered NGO, and more capable in what they are doing so we can partner with them," Bhatia told IRIN.

USAid is working with a management consulting firm, Accenture, to provide skills training for US-based diaspora non-profits looking to work in their countries of origin.

Chikezie, who also co-founded the African Foundation for Development (AFFORD), a non-profit drawing on diaspora expertise for philanthropic and investment projects in Africa, says the key is creating partnerships that mix diaspora and local knowledge. "The examples I've seen of success are where you have that mix of the diaspora 'can-do-ism', thinking outside of the box, mixed with solid local context and understanding."

But he also warns against thinking the diaspora will be a panacea for Africa's ills, and urges governments to incorporate their expatriates into sound development policies.

Most of the African diaspora and migrant workers are living and working elsewhere on the continent. According to the World Bank's Migration and Remittances Factbook 2011, Africans living abroad in Africa account for over 14-million people, nearly half of all those in the African diaspora. Ivory Coast and South Africa both received over 2.3-million migrant workers in 2013.

While much research, policy work and media focuses on the African diaspora in the West, Chikezie says more efforts are needed to quantify the contributions of the African diaspora within Africa. – IRIN

.

__,_._,___

Wilson Iguade

Jan 11, 2017, 9:43:58 PM1/11/17
to Esan Community, naijap...@yahoogroups.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, TalkN...@yahoogroups.com, Raay...@yahoogroups.com, Omo...@yahoogroups.com, okonkwo...@googlegroups.com, YanA...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaO...@yahoogroups.com, africanw...@googlegroups.com, Niger...@yahoogroups.com
When "some" people talk on this Diaspora Bond, they adversely affect this program designed to raise money to MAYBE do good for Nigeria.

Please just shut the fuck up. Had the "best and brightest" done a great job with assets (human, capital, and or natural) left under una CARE, Diasporans will be tripping over themselves to purchase this bond, instead you are begging us to BUY.

My point, let credible people talk to increase Diasporans confidence in this BOND program.

Lord have mercy. Ignorance is indeed BLISS!

Iguade

Sent from my iPhone
--
OkonkwoNetworks..........Building NIGERIA of our DREAM

Joseph Igietseme

Jan 12, 2017, 12:06:12 AM1/12/17
to Mobolaji Aluko, africanw...@googlegroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, olaka...@aol.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, rot...@yahoo.com, isholaw...@gmail.com, TalkN...@yahoogroups.com, Raay...@yahoogroups.com, vincent...@msn.com, Omo...@yahoogroups.com, okonkwo...@googlegroups.com, igbowor...@yahoogroups.com, YanA...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaO...@yahoogroups.com, ikea...@yahoo.com, Niger...@yahoogroups.com, ebo...@dmu.ac.uk, Nebuka...@aol.com, mgad...@aol.com, abba...@gmail.com, naija...@googlegroups.com
VC Bolaji,
JUI agrees with everything you wrote below; however, if the Nigerian Govt considers the Diaspora community as this resourceful and able as to believe that a $300m Bond is feasible, how about doing everything to further empower Diasporans with an engagement Commission and voting law?

​To JUI, the Diaspora Commission and Voting right bills should come before the bond; or at least organized in pari pasu!

T​
he benefits of the Diaspora Commission & Voting laws cannot be over-emphasized & this is why several industrialized countries & even raggedy fledgling countries
​implement​
 them around the world.
​ Why do we ALWAYS like to read where we've not sowed?​

Na wa for our people at home oooo.....haha! Take care. JUI

.

__,_._,___

Joec...@yahoo.com

Jan 12, 2017, 7:30:23 AM1/12/17
[...]

On Jan 11, 2017, at 5:52 PM, Joe Attueyi topc...@yahoo.com [NaijaPolitics] <NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

Joseph Igietseme

Jan 12, 2017, 7:32:45 AM1/12/17
to Nebuka...@aol.com, TalkN...@yahoogroups.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaO...@yahoogroups.com, Ola Kassim, naijap...@yahoogroups.com, rot...@yahoo.com, Ishola Williams, Raay...@yahoogroups.com, vincent...@msn.com, Odua, okonkwo...@googlegroups.com, FORUM IGBO WORLD FORUM IGBO WORLD, YanA...@yahoogroups.com, Ike Agbor, African GM, Nigerian ID, John Ebohon, mgad...@aol.com, A. Gml, <naijaevent@googlegroups.com>
Good points by Nebu to a point; JUI does not think we should shy away from what is Good or Great for Nigeria; the Diaspora bond scheme is potentially great for Nigeria; however, Nigeria [especially those who have been misruling Nigeria] MUST demonstrate adequate recognition and respect for the Diaspora Community that's being targeted with this Diaspora Bond scheme.
Perhaps there may be nothing more engaging and empowering for the Diaspora Community at this point than passing the Diaspora Commission and Voting bills into laws.
So the Diaspora Community MUST be emphatic and unequivocal in stating that passage of the Diaspora Commission and Voting bills into laws is a precondition for boosting the enthusiasm and mass participation in the Diaspora Bond program.
Take care. JUI
On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 1:31 PM, <Nebuka...@aol.com> wrote:
Dede Achusim,
As we write, governor Rochas Okoroawusa of Imo state has cut pensioners' benefits by 60%, just like that. Most of these pensioners hardly eat three square meals a day, yet the government callously took what they had worked for and earned so arbitrarily and coldheartedly. This is a breach of contract and also an inhumane act.

Why would any investor in any so called Diaspora bond expect to cash in any day? You live in Diaspora, so those ruining Nigeria assume that you can, at least, eat three times a day. If they could be callous enough to violate pension laws to reduce and refuse payments to those who rarely eat three times a day, what makes any Diaspora Nigerian think that they will not loot and mismanage this bond scheme, such that when it is time to pay up, there will be nothing to pay to anyone and there will be no repercussions?

Those who want to invest are free to so do, as for me and my family, we aren't touching that 419 scheme. These animals running Nigeria are not just cold hearted criminals, but they also think that those of us in Diaspora are stupid. In a way, they are correct, for those of you entertaining and encouraging this crooked scheme are absolutely stupid. If this was to benefit you, they would have legislated against it.

Pastor Joe: As to the three points you listed today, I am not sure that the World Bank will be stupid enough to offer an insurance, but the simple answer to the other two points is Dr Kassim's reminding of you that Dieziani Madueke, James Ibori, Kola Aluko, etc., are now Diaspora Nigerians. You don't think that these hardened unconscionable crooks would take over the running of this scheme or impose their minions to run it? I think they would and I would have nothing to do with them.

Nebukadineze Adiele
When you are too gentlemanly with SOBs and bullies, they grow wings and never change their vile habits. Ultimately, deep down, they are cowards. Ayo Ojutalayo, one of the accursed dunces that pollute our Naija forums and write in ignorance as one of his "free speech" exercises, is a prime example. (Paraphrased from Bolaji Ebeneza Aluko, an ignominiously fired Vice Chancellor of a Federal University in Nigeria).

In a message dated 1/11/2017 12:40:34 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, TalkN...@yahoogroups.com writes:

Nnamochie
😂😂😂😂😂

On 11 Jan 2017, at 5:24 PM, Philip Achusim eze...@yahoo.com [NIgerianWorldForum] <NIgerianWorldForum@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

[...]

Afis Deinde

Jan 12, 2017, 10:02:41 AM1/12/17
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, Nebuka...@aol.com, TalkN...@yahoogroups.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaO...@yahoogroups.com, Ola Kassim, naijap...@yahoogroups.com, rot...@yahoo.com, Ishola Williams, Raay...@yahoogroups.com, vincent...@msn.com, Odua, okonkwo...@googlegroups.com, FORUM IGBO WORLD FORUM IGBO WORLD, YanA...@yahoogroups.com, Ike Agbor, Nigerian ID, John Ebohon, mgad...@aol.com, A. Gml, <naijaevent@googlegroups.com>
"So the Diaspora Community MUST be emphatic and unequivocal in stating that passage of the Diaspora Commission and Voting bills into laws is a precondition for boosting the enthusiasm and mass participation in the Diaspora Bond program."......JUI.

Afis comment: Diaspora Commission?
Does it include LUDO and NIDO?
I hope you guys are not starting another Magomago that is focused on "Lobbying" camouflaged as "Diaspora Commission"!
"Precondition" must be Weightier than what JUI stated above.

*****

Problem with Diaspora bond:

1. Nigerians living abroad work hard for their money, what's the guarantee there won't be Biafran war, coup de tat, major disaster like Tsunami wiping out Sokoto (even with no Ocean in sight). Who guarantees the guarantor?
2. Let's say natting happened, if the Doomsday prophecies did not come to pass, who guarantees the fund that in 20yrs (ie. If the bond buyer is still breathing), that in an unstable, unreliable, Islamic leaning, and Pen-Robbery nation, who can guarantee that some unborn Thief won't  decide to start Looting again.

Methinks Christians who are not sure of Naija situations, given North's "holy war scorch and burn" philosophy (like we see in Kaduna), these Christians can use their money power to demand real reform.
I urge you guys with real money to let's hold meetings and give "prerequisites" to the federal government by itemizing our objections to their Northern Islamist agenda.
This is a good opportunity for you all to show the government that you mean well, you are ready to be part of the "change" if Change is real.
This is a good opportunity to hold audience with Buhari, Adeosun and the Interior Minister or Internal affairs whatever........we form an investment entity that is more political and socially responsive to the core issues that are destabilizing Nigeria.
It would be a big mistake, in an unstable environment as Nigeria, to euphorically rush to throw funds into an unstable economy, more so "without full representation".

Ever heard of a "Sinkhole Economy"?
Ok I made it up!
Shikena

Afis
“Just as a solid rock is not shaken by the storm, even so the wise are not affected by praise or blame.” — Dhamapada, verse 81.

Sent from my iPhone

Anthony Momah

Jan 12, 2017, 10:33:57 AM1/12/17
to Google Inc., Nebukadineze, TalkNigeria, NIgerianWorldForum, NaijaObserver, olakassimmd, naijapolitics, rotfash, isholawilliams, Raayiriga, vincentotuonye, OmoOdua, Google Inc., yahoogroups, YanArewa, ikeagbor, NigerianID, ebohon, mgadeniyi, abba2007, naijaevent

Anthony Momah

Jan 12, 2017, 10:37:49 AM1/12/17
to Google Inc., Nebukadineze, TalkNigeria, NIgerianWorldForum, NaijaObserver, olakassimmd, naijapolitics, rotfash, isholawilliams, Raayiriga, vincentotuonye, OmoOdua, Google Inc., yahoogroups, YanArewa, ikeagbor, NigerianID, ebohon, mgadeniyi, abba2007, naijaevent
Diasporan voting right should NOT and I say NOT be tied to the development of Diaspora fund...

NIGERIAN CITIZENS should be able to vote, in their National election, no matter where they live on the planet.

Joe Attueyi

Jan 12, 2017, 10:53:41 AM1/12/17
to Anthony Momah, Naija...@googlegroups.com, yahoogroups, African GM, Okonkwonetworks, Truth As My Weapon, Yahoo! Inc., rot...@yahoo.com, Agbor Ike, Michael Adeniyi, Abba, vincent...@msn.com, yahoogroups, Mgbajala Eziokwu, TalkNaija
Anthony
Should Nigerian citizens not also pay tax to Nigeria "...
no matter where they live on the planet."

Americans pay tax and vote "...
no matter where they live on the planet.

Joe

Sent from my iPhone
--
OkonkwoNetworks..........Building NIGERIA of our DREAM

Joec...@yahoo.com

Jan 12, 2017, 11:25:47 AM1/12/17
to Igidigiogu, Joseph Igietseme, Joe Attueyi, igbowor...@yahoogroups.com, Niger...@yahoogroups.com, olaka...@aol.com, mgad...@aol.com, ikea...@yahoo.com, NaijaO...@yahoogroups.com, africanw...@googlegroups.com, Raay...@yahoogroups.com, isholaw...@gmail.com, rot...@yahoo.com, abba...@gmail.com, YanA...@yahoogroups.com, naijap...@yahoogroups.com, naija...@googlegroups.com, TalkN...@yahoogroups.com, Omo...@yahoogroups.com, vincent...@msn.com, Nebuka...@aol.com, ebo...@dmu.ac.uk, okonkwo...@googlegroups.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com
am really looking forward to the establishment of the Bond. When l first muted the idea of the Bond in 2005, very few  in government showed any interest. Accompanied by John GEORGE, former NIDO chairman (Europe) l took the case for the Diaspora Bond to the CBN Governor, Prof Soludo. He was supportive but worried about cost and gave the assurance that the CBN would look into it. The battle was later taken up by Ngozi and now we have Kemi Adeosun set to implement it almost 12 years after l first proposed the idea.
I was told a few minutes before l put on my iPad to read my mails by a professor who called to invite me to a conference later in March this year, that ideas don't die. How true this is. Good 12 years after. To the Nigerian Diaspora, make this a success please.

On Jan 12, 2017, at 5:48 AM, 'Igidigiogu' via OkonkwoNetworks <okonkwo...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Nigerians in Diaspora are even worse than the home base people.  Name any good Diaspora organization that is not without problem—embezzlement, stealing, lawsuits, backbiting, etc., here and there. NIDO is a classic example!!!   The situation is worst among Nigerians from the south and their organizations. Of course, 99.99% of Naija Diaspora (from north and south) who had opportunity to serve the Naija government or other institutions in one capacity or another, joined in looting the country.

Even incompetent PMB with his government is incapable of fighting corruption in a country he and those serving in his government joined in corrupting. 90% of people in the House of Rep and Senate are crooks and many of them are illiterates.

You simply cannot grow pepper tree and expect it to bear orange.  Oti o!!!

Naija is a mess and a failed state, period.

JCI

Subject: Re: Adeosun: $300m Diaspora bond out in March

Anthony Momah

Jan 12, 2017, 11:41:01 AM1/12/17
to Google Inc., NaijaEvent, NIgerianWorldForum, Google Inc., yahoogroups, NaijaObserver, rotfash, ikeagbor, mgadeniyi, abba2007, vincentotuonye, naijapolitics, NigerianID, TalkNigeria
It is not the fault of diasporans that we are not paying taxes, truth be told the economy of Nigeria is functional because of the over $35 Billion we send to our familes yearly. So to just draw attention to the taxation issue does not paint a full picture in regards to our importance to the Nation's economy and well being.

So let's please redirect our focus: we are a major part of the economy of Nigeria (and a MAJOR FORCE if only we can control our egos and organize under a platform) yet have no voice in its political development; who is the - who is thr fool here? Diasporans are the fool here because through our desire to help our families we prop up the inept polical class and government of Nigeria.

How you have states that till today don't have tax accountable/tax policies or accountable processes in place - we sit here and lament about how Tinubu and Fashola were about to transform Lagos due to implementing a sensible tax collection scheme. I ask again How is it the fault of Diasporans if the inept governing bodies of our country do not put in place policies that make this possible?

We need to know our power and speak from the position of power... they need us more than we need them.
Jan 12, 2017, 12:15:20 PM1/12/17
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, NaijaEvent, NIgerianWorldForum, Google Inc., yahoogroups, NaijaObserver, rotfash, ikeagbor, mgadeniyi, abba2007, vincentotuonye, naijapolitics, NigerianID, TalkNigeria
The Eritreans put a tax of 2% on each remittance and according to reports,the country got 78million dollars per year or more.IF THAT IS ACCEPTED BY NON -RESIDENT NIGERIANS,THERE IS NOW  REPRESENTATION BY TAXATION.
In most cases,in addition to the above,Eritrean Groups abroad conceive projects with the Government and once it is agreed on all sides,the group itself will execute the Project bringing in Knowledge,skills,expertise and money.When the Project is completed,the home based citizens gain enough skills while working on the project to be able to  sustain the outcome.
The Asmara-Djibouti Rail project was built that way.
India(with its External Rupee in the early days of independence),Mexico( Matching with USD 1 dollar on every Dollar remitted  goes into Development Fund) etc,therefore there are many good examples.
What is important and I agree with many non-Resident Nigerians is that any Bond must be Project Based on agreement with the States and LGs instead of FG(which is doing what States and LGs can do) and run by Non-Resident Nigerians like the Eritreans who do not like the Government in the country.iw

On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 11:40 AM, 'Anthony Momah' via AfricanWorldForum <africanw...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
[...]

Ishola Williams
Maj-Gen (Rtd)
Exec Sec
PANAFSTRAG
Lagos.
08056210960

afis 'Deinde

Jan 12, 2017, 12:31:42 PM1/12/17
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, Nebukadineze, TalkNigeria, NIgerianWorldForum, NaijaObserver, olakassimmd, naijapolitics, rotfash, isholawilliams, Raayiriga, vincentotuonye, OmoOdua, Google Inc., yahoogroups, YanArewa, ikeagbor, NigerianID, ebohon, mgadeniyi, abba2007, naijaevent
My broda, A.Momah:
Money is not easy to come by!
We are called cleaners, gbeyagbeya, maigaadi, losers who could pass WAEC, now they want my money?
Come on folks, you gotta get some reassurance including:
1. North abandoning its Islamist agenda.
2. Possible timetable for a Referendum on new constitution and Regionalization of the country.
3. NO MORE UNDERAGE MARRIAGE TO 3yr olds.
4. Guarantee from a Guarantor that will oversee this Diaspora Bond.
I don't trust Nigeria and its government.
You just don't hear "bond" and accept it.
Naija govt is unstable, Naija is unstable, Naija economy is unstable.
Investment is for stable economy, it's not thru emotion, or a whimsical adventure.

I know you guys can't see the foggy forest from the Corrupted Trees, but remember every investments carry at minimal, some hidden risks.
The risks in a Diaspora Bond are NOT HIDDEN, but negotiable before you commit yourself.
Once committed, he don finish be dat ooo!

Also, there's a reason for "taxation".
Taxation is for development, not for punishment.
People in Diaspora will now end paying seven taxes plus one more from Nigeria?
US federal, state, property, water, sewer, county, city taxes.......then pay Nigeria Corruption Taxes!
And if you are an Afis, you pay "out of state" taxes, because you are lucky to work and do business in NY.
Haba!
Una wan kill ketekete for natting!!

Ok, Imagine PZ retiree Ewu Ezeana paying 9 form of taxes, not to count Cable, phone or clothing taxes!!
Nigeria will be the loser if taxes are imposed on people who live in St Elsewhere, people like Ewu Ezeana will just drop dead.
Most of them will now use their foreign passports or go thru Benin Republic.

You see, this is the kind of period that my inner self says "Afis, I told you it was a great idea to be or not to be a Nigerian!"
This is serious oooo, DiarisGodu ooooooo!
Shikena
Afis
Sent from my iPhone
[...]

Anthony Momah

Jan 12, 2017, 12:42:29 PM1/12/17
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, NaijaEvent, NIgerianWorldForum, Google Inc., yahoogroups, NaijaObserver, rotfash, ikeagbor, mgadeniyi, abba2007, vincentotuonye, naijapolitics, NigerianID, TalkNigeria
To add to Mr. Williams point, the fund must be independent of the Nigerian Government (and political class, they can invest but that is where it ends) and possibly Nigerian Central bank.  Was the African Monetary fund ever established?

_______________________________
Anthony A. Momah

Ishola Williams

Jan 12, 2017, 12:53:42 PM1/12/17
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, Nebukadineze, TalkNigeria, NIgerianWorldForum, NaijaObserver, olakassimmd, naijapolitics, rotfash, Raayiriga, vincentotuonye, OmoOdua, Google Inc., yahoogroups, YanArewa, ikeagbor, NigerianID, ebohon, mgadeniyi, abba2007, naijaevent
I have posted a suggestion from another African Country with a Government that Eritreans hate to love.These are more interested in Eritrea than the Government and the Government allows them to do projects in addition to paying TAXES on Remittances.Africans do not believe in learning from each other especially Nigerians.
The government itself never do the necessary study of its own environment before launching a programme.
Most of the People who can walk the talk with the Influence and Money in USA and worldwide are not even on this forum and even they are,they are not letting us know.
When OBJ came in 1999,he formed an Investment Committee with a British Baroness as the Chair and Mr Ogunlesi as one of the members,what are the sucesses and failures of that Committee.Why did Yar' Adua,GEJ and Buhari not interested in sustaing that committee.
We can also learn from Ghana who floated a USD 50 Billion Non-Resident Bond for Infrastructure projects.How far did it succeed?
Why is Buhari and his Economic Team not Consulting with those non-Resident Nigerian Millionnaires before floating the bond.
It is obviuos that his Minsters and Special Adviser ,Abike Dabiri are not consulting with the Right peoplein all the 5 Continents of the world.
A nation without INTEGRITY cannot expect its leadership to be trusted.iw

This should not be for guys w real money. ...

Mobolaji Aluko

Jan 12, 2017, 12:59:33 PM1/12/17
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, NaijaEvent, NIgerianWorldForum, Google Inc., yahoogroups, NaijaObserver, rotfash, ikeagbor, mgadeniyi, abba2007, vincentotuonye, naijapolitics, NigerianID, TalkNigeria

Anthony Momah:

Please don't mix a "Development Fund" - which goes after various projects to fund - each project for different purposes and different rates of returns -  and a "Bond", which houses invested funds that were requested for a specific purpose (or purposes) with set investment return terms (coupon rate, interest payment terms, maturity, etc.)  A development fund can be INDEPENDENT of a Government, is often INDEPENDENT of Government,  but the kind of Diaspora Bond that we are talking about CANNOT be independent of Government.  In fact, it is supposed to FUND Government, and the redemption should be GOVERNMENT-Guaranteed (sovereign-guaranteed).

Look, the Diaspora Bond would be an OFFER, and is NOT an obligation. Each person should be able to decide how much to invest. The only RISK is of a lower return on investment than you would get if you used the same money to invest in stocks or a different non-government bond.  It is really a conservative investment, and all the anxiety being expressed is quite amusing.

Bolaji Aluko

On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 6:42 PM, 'Anthony Momah' via AfricanWorldForum <africanw...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
[...]

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to africanworldforum+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Abraham Madu

Jan 12, 2017, 1:17:52 PM1/12/17
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, Baduba54, Stephen Uche, Zik Project, Chido Nwangwu, Nnanta Uwadineke, Ayo Ojutalayo, Ezeana Achusim, SE. PE. Jerome Niang Yakubu, Amauche Ude, Ken Asagwara, okonkwo...@googlegroups.com, Kingsley Nnabuagha, Topcrest Topcrest, Ola Kassim, Joe Igbokwe, Okey Dike
From Nigeria, Biafra can expect nothing but ruin, HO! HA!
Biafrans courage has never yet forsaken us, ooooo!
Now is the time to act!
Ya kpotuba!
Ya gazie.
A.A.Madu

From: 'Afis Deinde' via AfricanWorldForum <africanworldforum@ googlegroups.com>;
To: <africanworldforum@ googlegroups.com>;
Cc: Nebuka...@aol.com <Nebuka...@aol.com>; <TalkN...@yahoogroups.com>; NIgerianWorldForum@ yahoogroups.com <NIgerianWorldForum@ yahoogroups.com>; <NaijaO...@yahoogroups.com >; Ola Kassim <olaka...@aol.com>; NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com <naijap...@yahoogroups.com >; rot...@yahoo.com <rot...@yahoo.com>; Ishola Williams <isholaw...@gmail.com>; Raay...@yahoogroups.com <Raay...@yahoogroups.com>; Vincent...@msn.com <vincent...@msn.com>; Odua <Omo...@yahoogroups.com>; OKONKWONETWORKS@googlegroups. com <okonkwonetworks@googlegroups. com>; FORUM IGBO WORLD FORUM IGBO WORLD <igboworldforum@yahoogroups. com>; YanA...@yahoogroups.com <YanA...@yahoogroups.com>; Ike Agbor <ikea...@yahoo.com>; Nigerian ID <Niger...@yahoogroups.com>; John Ebohon <ebo...@dmu.ac.uk>; MGAd...@aol.com <mgad...@aol.com>; A. Gml <abba...@gmail.com>; <naija...@googlegroups.com>;

Ishola Williams
Maj-Gen (Rtd)
Exec Sec
PANAFSTRAG
Lagos.
08056210960

Anthony Momah

Jan 12, 2017, 1:24:15 PM1/12/17
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, Nebukadineze, TalkNigeria, NIgerianWorldForum, NaijaObserver, olakassimmd, naijapolitics, rotfash, isholawilliams, Raayiriga, vincentotuonye, OmoOdua, Google Inc., yahoogroups, YanArewa, ikeagbor, NigerianID, ebohon, mgadeniyi, abba2007, naijaevent
Afis is correct.  That is why I said to refocus the discussion.  We should have the right to vote no matter where we live in the world, and also we are already paying Nigeria over $35 billion a year according to Nigerian Central Bank; so what more do they expect from us.

Again, diasporans have to coalecse and unite under an aggreabale platform from which we can identify and declare key criterias or concessions we want from the governing body of Nigerian (States and Federal) and it's Central Bank in order to invest.  People have to check their EGOS and Napoleonic Complexes compromise on key initial ideas and criteria that can be implemeted in phases that are time, project or needs based. Anyone who chooses to invest in the fund gets to vote on the ideas, criteria, and phases then we proceed to start their implementation.

At some point we have to do this to save our homeland, and we have to be willing to go it alone if the government chooses not to accept our terms.

So we need to listen to voices like those of Afis on this matter, our leaders have a very bad track record and lack credibility.

_______________________________
Anthony A. Momah

Jan 12, 2017, 1:33:49 PM1/12/17
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, NaijaEvent, NIgerianWorldForum, Google Inc., yahoogroups, NaijaObserver, rotfash, ikeagbor, mgadeniyi, abba2007, vincentotuonye, naijapolitics, NigerianID, TalkNigeria
Bolaji,
Thanks for point that out, my apologies for conflating the two, how do we secure the investment so the next regime doesn't confiscate the money for personal or political use?  Passed leaders have gone to our central bank and withdrawn $Billions, what would be different about this?

_______________________________
Anthony A. Momah

[...]

______________________________ _
Anthony A. Momah

Abraham Madu

Jan 12, 2017, 1:57:35 PM1/12/17
to NaijaO...@yahoogroups.com, Ayo Ojutalayo, Baduba54, Chido Nwangwu, Zik Project, Stephen Uche, Ezeana Achusim, SE. PE. Jerome Niang Yakubu, Amauche Ude, Ken Asagwara, Kingsley Nnabuagha, okonkwo...@googlegroups.com, Nebukadineze Adiele, africanw...@googlegroups.com, Topcrest Topcrest, Ola Kassim, Joe Igbokwe

From Nigeria, Biafra can expect nothing but ruin, HO! HA!

On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 12:31 PM, afis 'Deinde <odide...@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Most of them like Bolaji Aluko will now use their foreign passports or go thru Benin Republic.

You see, this is the kind of period that my inner self says "Afis, I told you it was a great idea to be or not to be a Nigerian!"
This is serious oooo, DiarisGodu ooooooo!
Shikena
Afis
Sent from my iPhone

__._,_.___

Posted by: Joe Attueyi <topc...@yahoo.com>

.

__,_._,___

ishola williams

Jan 12, 2017, 3:33:12 PM1/12/17
to Chris Ukachukwu, Abraham Madu, africanw...@googlegroups.com, Baduba54, Stephen Uche, Zik Project, Chido Nwangwu, Nnanta Uwadineke, Ayo Ojutalayo, Ezeana Achusim, SE. PE. Jerome Niang Yakubu, Amauche Ude, Ken Asagwara, okonkwo...@googlegroups.com, Kingsley Nnabuagha, Topcrest Topcrest, Ola Kassim, Joe Igbokwe, Okey Dike
People O,these two attachments are important for the Ministers responsible For Finance,Investment,Trade and Industry, the CBN Governor  the Presidential Economic Team,the SSA on Diaspora and the passionate Advocates to read and Digest.These articles will make  them understand the ambiguity and immodest ambition  with exaggerated belief that there is that surplus amount of money in the Diaspora for risky investment in the Nigerian Bond.Why only the Diaspora if there are Nigerians with accounts domiciled in Forex.
As I wrote before,we are yet to build a nation of integrity.For example,which group or who allowed MTN to transfer USD 13 Bn just like that over a period of 5 years
.Incorruptible GMB is yet to create the environment of trust and he knows that. I doubt if he is passionate about this whole exercise.
Finally,those who have the money donot waste time talking.They are clear about what they can do with their surplus funds and the ROI.iw

 Ishola Williams Maj-Gen. (Rtd)

On Thursday, January 12, 2017 2:01 PM, 'Chris Ukachukwu' via OkonkwoNetworks <okonkwo...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Perhaps, rather than being always ready to pick up the slack and subsidize for the government while those in government are busy swimming in our funds they loot, Nigerians ought to start thinking as one people with one common enemy/occupier: the central government.

It is always easier to go on medical missions to patch gaps in medical/healthcare left untouched by the governments (at different levels). We can go on sundry missions, build libraries, rebuild our old (alma mater) schools, etc because it is "easier" to work around the government than unite to demand good governance.

Are we implying that Nigeria doesn't have enough revenue/proceeds from oil to provide good hospitals/clinics every 50 miles? Is there not enough money to (re)build and equip every school in every locale? What is the budget required to accomplish these compared to what is wasted around Aso Rock and the Nigerian senate on an annual basis?

It is a crazy formula to let those who clawed their way to power stash away billions of Dollars between them and their friends while we tax and task ourselves to raise a mere million to scratch the surface of the problems that remain the opportunity cost of their indulgence. How much is reportedly being refunded (or forfeited) by Dieziani and how does that compare to the Diaspora bond? I lose interest when it becomes clear that whatever initiative we are proposing is a distraction or band-aid to the real issue.

We need to agree that Africa's (especially Nigeria's) worst colonizers are the people themselves. The British never did to us even 1/10th of what we continue to do to ourselves. What those blesed enough tolive in democracies around the world ought to do is stand in solidarity to fight the mediocrity, hypocrisy, impetuous abuse of public trust rather than seek to throw money at a non-monetary issue. We need to be less self-centered and mor civic minded i we want to escape the callous brutality and deep incompetence of our rulers.

We don't need diaspora voting rights. Whatever is the sense in that? That's just another disingenuous, self-centered pointless pursuit. We need to be clearer thinkers and not mere status quo dullards. A lot of us don't have that many years to stick around, so this is our chance to count for something.

C. Ukachukwu
"More relevant however is that I have always found it despicable conduct when an elected individual diverts the resources of the people over whom he presides to carving out for himself a sinecure. Self-service should not be read in the vocabulary of anyone fortunate enough to be called to serve his or her people."
-- Professor Wole Soyinka

--
OkonkwoNetworks..........Building NIGERIA of our DREAM
OkonkwoNetworks..........Building NIGERIA of our DREAM
(9) _Explaining the Mixed Record of Diaspora Bonds_ with Katrina Burgess _ Katrina Burgess and Clarisa Perez-Armendariz - Academia.edu.html
Economic_Brief_-_Diaspora_Bonds_Some_Lessons_for_African_Countries.pdf

Mobolaji Aluko

Jan 12, 2017, 4:12:14 PM1/12/17
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, Chris Ukachukwu, Abraham Madu, Baduba54, Stephen Uche, Zik Project, Chido Nwangwu, Nnanta Uwadineke, Ayo Ojutalayo, Ezeana Achusim, SE. PE. Jerome Niang Yakubu, Amauche Ude, Ken Asagwara, okonkwo...@googlegroups.com, Kingsley Nnabuagha, Topcrest Topcrest, Ola Kassim, Joe Igbokwe, Okey Dike

GIW:

Extremely useful papers, especially the AfDB Economic brief.  The more information we have, and the more educated we are about what we are getting into, the better.

We can never, however, get away from the fact that there is a "patriotic discount" involved in buying a Diaspora bond, because there will always exist alternative less-risky and more rewarding securities that one can invest one's money into.  Buying a Diaspora bond will always involve some "sentiment", of "helping my country",  particularly for the "home-person."

Bolaji Aluko

On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 9:33 PM, 'ishola williams' via AfricanWorldForum <africanw...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
[...]

Joe Attueyi

Jan 12, 2017, 4:18:45 PM1/12/17
to NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, Bring Your Baseball Bat, African GM, Okonkwonetworks, Truth As My Weapon, yahoogroups, rot...@yahoo.com, Agbor Ike, Michael Adeniyi, vincent...@msn.com, Abba, TalkNaija, Mgbajala Eziokwu, Omo Oodua, Nebuka...@aol.com
Gregg
1. I am very serious about Nigerians--regardless of where they reside--mandatorily filing their tax returns. Especially if they want to vote in Nigerian elections.

2. I am a firm believer that one of the major problems of Nigeria is national wealth generated from rent income from oil. We all see it as nobody's money so whoever controls NNPC pockets as much of the oil money as possible. And whoever gets into the grove never comes out. Did you read that the same companies that shafted us under GEJ are the same companies Buhari has awarded crude oil contracts?

3. In my view , one of the most effective ways to solve the above problems is TAX. Tax every one and everything. Tax at source even the remittance you are sending to your relatives. When politicians start stealing your tax money , you will move out of your comfort zone and do something about it.

You wrote:
The average Nigerian abroad sends home an average of $6000 per annum, and triple that amount if they vacation home for Xmas.

So? Americans' charitable giving in a year exceeds $370 Billion. And it still does not exempt anyone from filing tax returns. While should your charity to your friends and family exempt you from doing same in Nigeria?

4. BTW I have a question:
If a reputable Nigerian Private Equity Firm is responsible for raising the funding and making the investment instead of the Government would that assuage your concerns?

Joe

Sent from my iPhone

On 12 Jan 2017, at 8:48 PM, guka...@comcast.net [NIgerianWorldForum] <NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Joe A.,

You are not serious about Diaspora tax, are you?

What will be the justification for such a tax? --State of the Airport and amenities, safety travel from airport to destination, beggar-customs officers and other uniformed Nigerian government personnel at airports who do nothing else but beg, shake-down, steal, threaten, violate the laws they are supposed to protect?

The background scenario is this---Nigerian public officials steal all the nations  monies and suddenly came into this epiphany and obsession with the Diasporans, as new source of money to burn.  The same people Joe Igbokwe called Economic Refugees because of his perch in Lagos government and APC which allows him to self aggrandize at the expense of the average Nigerians.

It is the same Economic Refugees that his  APC government is now turning to  for a bail-out.  The Nigerian government would not have such needs if it ensures that the Joe Igbokwes of Nigeria and others who live fat off the government, fat at the expense of the Nigerian government pay their fair due in taxes. The government should dig up all such Nigerian-Welfare-dependent-blood-suckers and have them pay their fair share.  The leeches are who the government should go after and not put an incidence of taxation on people who have absolutely nothing with the squandering of Nigeria's wealth.

The Nigerian government should be paying " tax"to every Nigerian abroad.  The average Nigerian abroad sends home an average of $6000 per annum, and triple that amount if they vacation home for Xmas.   The Nigerian should be paying outright financial tax credit to all Nigerians abroad based on documented evidence of how much they send home in a given year.  That data can be extracted in a second for any computer or a Western Union office, near you.

The Nigerian Diasporan community is the only reason there has not been a revolution in Nigeria.  Because Nigerians can dial up a relative, friend, well-wisher abroad and get boku money on demand is the reason, Nigerians don't give a damn about government and could care less if government officials play fast and loose with the peoples' money.

Bond Money/Bond Program--is not a bad idea but with everything Nigerian, you should understand why confidence is low and the suspicion that the Bond money will either be stolen or misused.

                              *ezekwe*

__._,_.___

Posted by: guka...@comcast.net

.

__,_._,___

Joe Attueyi

Jan 12, 2017, 4:56:52 PM1/12/17
to Adey, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, Bring Your Baseball Bat, African GM, Okonkwonetworks, Truth As My Weapon, yahoogroups, rot...@yahoo.com, Agbor Ike, Michael Adeniyi, vincent...@msn.com, Abba, TalkNaija, Mgbajala Eziokwu, Omo Oodua, Nebuka...@aol.com
Adey
So whether it is Government or private sector driven,  diaspora Nigerians will not invest in Nigeria----unless it is an Abuja land allocation or political appointment?

And you want to vote?

Joe

Sent from my iPhone

On 12 Jan 2017, at 9:40 PM, 'Adey' via OkonkwoNetworks <okonkwo...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

"If a reputable Nigerian Private Equity Firm is responsible for raising the funding and making the investment instead of the Government would that assuage your concerns?"
-- Hon. Pastor Joe

Hehehehehehehe..... For where?

Ehn, you write as if Naijas abroad are mumus.

Adey

afis 'Deinde

Jan 12, 2017, 5:24:42 PM1/12/17
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, Bring Your Baseball Bat, Okonkwonetworks, Truth As My Weapon, yahoogroups, rot...@yahoo.com, Agbor Ike, Michael Adeniyi, vincent...@msn.com, Abba, TalkNaija, Mgbajala Eziokwu, Omo Oodua, Nebuka...@aol.com
"In my view , one of the most effective ways to solve the above problems is TAX. Tax every one and everything. Tax at source even the remittance you are sending to your relatives. When politicians start stealing your tax money, you will move out of your comfort zone and do something about it."......Pastor Attueyi.

Afis comment: Sometimes I wonder what brand of wine Pastor Joe serves at his church.
It must be high octane-quality brand, the kind VIP dey smell and sip at Wineries worldwide.
Sometimes the wine the Pastor serves at his church, either by omission or commission, at a certain holy point interfaces with his Reality.....the brand name wine contorts facts and turns his assertion into some form of unbelievable indefensible rhetorics.
An example of what church wine, known as "Omi-Iye", can do is the excerpt above.

Do you honestly think those living in Diaspora love paying taxes wherever they live?
You know how many dead relatives some people add on their tax filing papers to claim as "exemptions"?
He hehehehehehehehe!
Agbalagba Nroju lo s'orun, oni tio ba de ohun kio ba e ki iya langbodo ati baba Nosira!"
An old man is reluctantly dying, you're asking him to greet your departed relative, you think its easy to die?
Funny peoples!
Afis

Sent from my iPhone

Mobolaji Aluko

Jan 12, 2017, 5:33:44 PM1/12/17
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, Adey, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, Bring Your Baseball Bat, Okonkwonetworks, Truth As My Weapon, yahoogroups, rot...@yahoo.com, Agbor Ike, Michael Adeniyi, vincent...@msn.com, Abba, TalkNaija, Mgbajala Eziokwu, Omo Oodua, Nebuka...@aol.com

Joe Attueyi:

If these Diaspora Bonds are issued by a domestic Equity firm, in what denomination will they be issued, and with what assets will they collaterize these bonds, PARTICULARLY if denominated in foreign (Dollars + Euro + ?) currency?

At least Nigeria can secure with future oil sales etc.

Secondly, what is the HISTORY of issuance of such bonds by private equity firms OUTSIDE of funding their own expansion and (maybe) lending out to others at a spread?

I read this somewhere:

QUOTE

Corporate Bonds and Debentures
In the private sector, corporate bonds and debentures are not often or have not been considered as an option by many companies in funding expansion and innovation. Recently, First Bank, Plc has received approval from the SEC to issue or has already issued about five hundred billion naira (N500 billion) worth of bonds dominated in naira currency. Other companies such as GT Bank, Plc, and Access Bank, Plc have issued foreign currency dominated bonds and convertible bonds respectively. The total amount of bonds issued in the private sector is less than one trillion naira (<N1.0 trillion). Considering the size of Nigeria’s economy, this is indeed small and is a reflection on the inability of companies to issue bonds, secured by their assets or debentures issued on the strength of their balance sheets, to mobilize critical funding outside of the banking system.
UNQUOTE

No, Joe Attueyi, I will be more comfortable with government-issued Diaspora Bonds that a privately-issued one at this time.

Bolaji Aluko

On 12 Jan 2017, at 9:40 PM, 'Adey' via OkonkwoNetworks <okonkwonetworks@googlegroups.com> wrote:

"If a reputable Nigerian Private Equity Firm is responsible for raising the funding and making the investment instead of the Government would that assuage your concerns?"
-- Hon. Pastor Joe

Hehehehehehehe..... For where?

Ehn, you write as if Naijas abroad are mumus.

Adey

Mobolaji Aluko

Jan 12, 2017, 9:23:24 PM1/12/17
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, NaijaEvent, NIgerianWorldForum, Google Inc., yahoogroups, NaijaObserver, rotfash, ikeagbor, mgadeniyi, abba2007, vincentotuonye, naijapolitics, NigerianID, TalkNigeria, OmoOdua

Anthony Momah:

Here is an example of a DEVELOPMENT FUND through a special-purpose DEVELOPMENT BANK....

Bolaji Aluko

Development Bank takes off with $1.3bn

— 13th January 2017

…FG constitutes mgt team

From Uche Usim, Abuja

Hopes of better funding for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) in the country brightened yesterday as the Finance Minister, Mrs. Kemi Adeosun, confirmed the completion of recruitment exercise for the executive management team of the Development Bank of Nigeria (DBN), which will take off with $1.3 billion (N396.5 billion).

She said that the bank has formally applied for the issuance of its operational license from the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), which may be approved soon.

The DBN was conceived in 2014 by the Goodluck Jonathan administration but suffered delayed take-off for various reasons.

However, the President Muhammadu Buhari administration which inherited the project promised to resolve all outstanding issues, even as it set 2017 as its take-off date.

The DBN will have access to $1.3 billion (N396.5 billion), jointly provided by the World Bank (WB), KfW (German Development Bank), the African Development Bank (AfDB) and the Agence Française de Development (French Development Agency). The bank is also finalising agreements with the European Investment Bank (EIB).

To provide clarification, Mrs. Adeosun assured that the operations of the DBN will not in any way result in the elimination of the Bank of Industry (BoI), Bank of Agriculture (BoA) or any other existing development bank.

“The operations of the DBN is clearly distinct from other development banks as it is focused on supporting small businesses defined by size and not by sectors. The DBN will provide loans to all sectors of the economy, including manufacturing, services and other industries not currently served by existing development banks thereby filling an important gap in the provision of finance to MSMEs.

“As a wholesale bank, the DBN will lend wholesale to microfinance banks, which will on-lend medium to long-term loans to MSMEs. The MSMEs contribute about 48.47 per cent to the Gross Domestic Products (GDP) of Nigeria but have access to only about 5 per cent of lending from Deposit Money Banks (DMBs),” she explained.

The Minister added that the influx of additional capital to the DBN will lower borrowing rates and the longer tenure of the loans will provide the required flexibility in the management of cash flows, giving businesses the opportunity to make capital improvements and acquire equipment or supplies.

“As the economy diversifies, the growth of the MSME sector will have a positive impact on the economy through employment generation, wealth creation and economic growth,” she noted.

On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 8:05 PM, Mobolaji Aluko <alu...@gmail.com> wrote:

Anthony Momah:

Thanks...now we are on the same page with respect to Funds and Bonds.

With respect to "guarantees", with a sovereign guarantee, the only default can be when the country itself is declared BANKRUPT, which is rare.  In 2014, Argentina and 10 other countries were declared near-bankrupt, but never achieved it.  These were Cyprus, Greece and Ukraine in Europe, Pakistan in Asia, to Ecuador, Venezuela, and Belize in the Americas, Jamica and Cuba in the Carribean and Egypt in Africa.  .

QUOTE

11 COUNTRIES NEAR BANKRUPTCY

Argentina is not the only country with a severely impaired credit rating. The rating agency Moody's Investors Service currently lists 10 other countries with a rating of Caa1 -- seven levels below investment grade status -- or worse. In descending order, Moody's investment-grade levels are: Aaa, Aa1, Aa2, Aa3, A1, A2, A3, Baa1, Baa2 and Baa3. Those below investment grade are: Ba1, Ba2, Ba3, B1, B2, B3, Caa1, Caa2, Caa3, Ca and C.

UNQUOTE

One good way to reduce the risk of default, not only of payment at maturity, but the annual or semi-annual payment of interest, is to have the Diaspora Bond to be supervised  by the IMF/World Bank/UN.  That way,  there will be international pressure to pay up.  Furthermore, we could involve an multilaterial agency like MIGA ( Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency )

QUOTE

MIGA is a member of the World Bank Group. Our mission is to promote foreign direct investment (FDI) intodeveloping countries to help support economic growth, reduce poverty, and improve people's lives...

Our strategy​

MIGA’s operational strategy plays to our foremost strength in the marketplace—attracting investors and private insurers into difficult operating environments. We focus on insuring investments in the areas where we can make the greatest difference

  • Countries eligible for assistance from the International Development Association (the world’s poorest countries)

  • Fragile and conflict-affected environments

  • Transformational Projects – large scale and significant investments, with the potential for bringing about transformational change in the host country

  • Energy Efficiency and Climate Change - complex energy and infrastructure projects that improve energy capacity as well as transportation projects that have a positive impact on pollution control (such as mass transport)

  • Middle Income Countries where we can have strong impact

    MIGA offers comparative advantages in all of these areas—from our unique package of products and ability to restore the business community's confidence, to our ongoing collaboration with the public and private insurance market to increase the amount of insurance available to investors.

    Click here to read our strategy for fiscal years 2015-2017.

    As a multilateral development agency, MIGA only supports investments that are developmentally sound and meet high social and environmental standards. MIGA applies a comprehensive set of social andenvironmental performance standards to all projects and offers extensive expertise in working with investors to ensure compliance to these standards.

UNQUOTE

Yes, we can!  Let us go for the Diaspora Bond, once we scrutinize the Prospectus......Personally, I would start with $1,000 and up it $1,000 (or more) annually for 10 years (if fully un-subscribed) depending on its performance.

Bolaji Aluko

On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 7:33 PM, 'Anthony Momah' via AfricanWorldForum <africanworldforum@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Bolaji,
Thanks for point that out, my apologies for conflating the two, how do we secure the investment so the next regime doesn't confiscate the money for personal or political use?  Passed leaders have gone to our central bank and withdrawn $Billions, what would be different about this?

_______________________________
Anthony A. Momah

maxim...@yahoo.com

Jan 13, 2017, 10:36:01 AM1/13/17
to chux...@yahoo.com, africanw...@googlegroups.com, Anthony Momah, NaijaEvent, NIgerianWorldForum, Google Inc., yahoogroups, NaijaObserver, rotfash, ikeagbor, mgadeniyi, abba2007, vincentotuonye, naijapolitics, NigerianID, TalkNigeria
"...MMM (with all its gimmicks) will have better ROI than the bond"

Very true ...

It is interesting to see these so-called "intellectuals" leave the real story untold.

The key question is: what have they, the government and their agents in diaspora who keep up these appearances to trick the unsuspecting, ever done right?

Hitherto, every penny that has gone home has gone directly to the people from the labor of Nigerians in diaspora. Has anyone "intelligent" ever told us what would have happened if this money had not gone home?

This $21 billion annually is what has actually kept those demon parasites in power. Why?
It is the buffer that has kept the people from exploding and giving these demon parasites the Onitsha treatment. Part of the money is what they have been looting by hiking the price of petrol at the pump and lying that they are "subsidizing" anything at all. In other words, Nigerians in diaspora have been subsidizing corruption without knowing it.

But what has happened because of these remissions by diaspora Nigerians directly to their families? The money they could have used to build more wealth and become a substantially strong diaspora demographic, is what they are using to prop up these fantastically corrupt demon parasites. With that kind of money, a demographic can build prosperity and wealth, but the demon parasites at home will keep looting until they are cleansed like the French did with Robespierre.

Now, they want to go ahead and start parasitizing on even that, and then conduct reverse laundering, turning honest money into loot. Thus, anyone who deals with these demon parasites does so at their own risk and expense.

It is better to continue to pay the cost to moneygram and the like, as long as our people back home can have something to eat. It is always a better alternative to putting the money in the hands of demon parasites who have established a demonic system to keep parasitizing on the people.

Anyone who has nothing else to do with that money should put it in the biafra cause instead of buying those bonds of darkness they are floating. Why the biafra cause? It is the only genuine movement for self determination so far. All the others are set up by the same demon parasites to confuse people, and deceive them, including boko haram.

Those who have ears ...

O.E.

Ask those who invested in Transcorp when it was floated during OBJ's tenure. I believe that MMM (with all its gimmicks) will have better ROI than the bond.

To: "africanw...@googlegroups.com" <africanw...@googlegroups.com>
Cc: "NaijaEvent" <Naija...@googlegroups.com>, "NIgerianWorldForum" <NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com>, "Google Inc." <okonkwo...@googlegroups.com>, "yahoogroups" <igbowor...@yahoogroups.com>, "NaijaObserver" <NaijaO...@yahoogroups.com>, "rotfash" <rot...@yahoo.com>, "ikeagbor" <ikea...@yahoo.com>, "mgadeniyi" <mgad...@aol.com>, "abba2007" <abba...@gmail.com>, "vincentotuonye" <vincent...@msn.com>, "naijapolitics" <naijap...@yahoogroups.com>, "NigerianID" <Niger...@yahoogroups.com>, "TalkNigeria" <TalkN...@yahoogroups.com>

      From: Mobolaji Aluko <alu...@gmail.com>
  To: "africanw...@googlegroups.com"
<africanw...@googlegroups.com>

Cc: NaijaEvent <Naija...@googlegroups.com>;
NIgerianWorldForum <NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com>;
Google Inc. <okonkwo...@googlegroups.com>;

      From: Ishola Williams <isholaw...@gmail.com>
  To: "africanworldforum@ googlegroups.com"
<africanworldforum@ googlegroups.com>
Cc: NaijaEvent <Naija...@googlegroups.com>;
NIgerianWorldForum <NIgerianWorldForum@
yahoogroups.com>; Google Inc. <okonkwonetworks@googlegroups.
com>; yahoogroups <igboworldforum@yahoogroups.
com>; NaijaObserver <NaijaO...@yahoogroups.com
ikeagbor <ikea...@yahoo.com>;
mgadeniyi <mgad...@aol.com>;
abba2007 <abba...@gmail.com>;
vincentotuonye <vincent...@msn.com>;
TalkNigeria <TalkN...@yahoogroups.com>
  Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2017 12:15 PM
  Subject: Re: [africanworldforum] Re: Adeosun:$300m Diaspora
bond out in March

The Eritreans put a tax of 2% on each remittance and
according to reports,the country got 78million dollars per
year or more.IF THAT IS ACCEPTED BY NON -RESIDENT
NIGERIANS,THERE IS NOW  REPRESENTATION BY TAXATION.In most

cases,in addition to the above,Eritrean Groups abroad
conceive projects with the Government and once it is agreed
on all sides,the group itself will execute the Project
bringing in Knowledge,skills,expertise and money.When the
Project is completed,the home based citizens gain enough
skills while working on the project to be able to  sustain
the outcome.The Asmara-Djibouti Rail project was built that
way.India(with its External Rupee in the early days of

independence),Mexico( Matching with USD 1 dollar on every
Dollar remitted  goes into Development Fund) etc,therefore
there are many good examples.What is important and I agree
Ishola WilliamsMaj-Gen (Rtd)Exec SecPANAFSTRAGLag...@gmail.comisholawilliams@yahoo.companafstraginternational@yahoo.
com08056210960www.panafstrag.org--
from it, send an email to africanworldforum+unsub...@googlegroups.com.
OkonkwoNetworks..........Building NIGERIA of our DREAM

Google Groups "OkonkwoNetworks" group.
from it, send an email to okonkwonetworks+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit
https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
OkonkwoNetworks..........Building NIGERIA of our DREAM

Joe Attueyi

Jan 13, 2017, 12:07:44 PM1/13/17
to maxim...@yahoo.com, chux...@yahoo.com, africanw...@googlegroups.com, Anthony Momah, NaijaEvent, NIgerianWorldForum, Google Inc., yahoogroups, NaijaObserver, rotfash, ikeagbor, mgadeniyi, abba2007, vincentotuonye, naijapolitics, NigerianID, TalkNigeria, Ra'ayi Riga, Yahoo! Inc., Omo Oodua
Anyone who has nothing else to do with that money should put it in the biafra cause instead of buying those bonds of darkness they are floating. Why the biafra cause? It is the only genuine movement for self determination so far. All the others are set up by the same demon parasites to confuse people, and deceive them, including boko haram.   O.E.

Wao!
O.E. The associate of Oga Adeniran has become a Biafran convert. Wonders shall not  seize!

Nigeria 🇳🇬 may yet survive if we are willing to speak the truth to each other.

Truth #1: Nigeria as currently structured is NOT sustainable

Truth #2: if we don't solve #1 Nigeria 🇳🇬 will collapse under the weight of its contradictions.

Joe

Sent from my iPhone
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to okonkwonetwor...@googlegroups.com.

Joe Attueyi

Jan 13, 2017, 1:48:29 PM1/13/17
to NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, IgboWor...@yahoogroups.com, maxim...@yahoo.com, chux...@yahoo.com, africanw...@googlegroups.com, Anthony Momah, NaijaEvent, Google Inc., NaijaObserver, rotfash, ikeagbor, mgadeniyi, abba2007, vincentotuonye, naijapolitics, NigerianID, TalkNigeria, Ra'ayi Riga, Yahoo! Inc., Omo Oodua
Nnamochie
Thanks.  I was not aware of that. But the O.E writing with email maxima1757
is the same Yoruba man Oga Adeniran claimed is his associate when I called him a phantom.

Nigeria is full of surprises

Joe
Sent from my iPhone

On 13 Jan 2017, at 6:07 PM, Philip Achusim eze...@yahoo.com [NIgerianWorldForum] <NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Nwadiana:

There are 2 OE on these forums. Ogbuefi Ezenwamadu is one of them. But again, never underestimate the power of prayers.

And I am
Ezeana Igirigi Achusim
Odi-Isaa
Nwa Dim Orioha AKA Onyeukwu
Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

__._,_.___

Posted by: Philip Achusim <eze...@yahoo.com>

.

__,_._,___

Mobolaji Aluko

Jan 13, 2017, 8:29:56 PM1/13/17
to USAAfrica Dialogue, africanw...@googlegroups.com, Anthony Momah, Naija...@googlegroups.com, yahoogroups, Okonkwonetworks, Truth As My Weapon, Yahoo! Inc., rot...@yahoo.com, Agbor Ike, Michael Adeniyi, Abba, vincent...@msn.com, yahoogroups, Mgbajala Eziokwu, TalkNaija, OmoOdua

IBK:

Joe Attueyi owes me so much money, you cannot believe it.  But if he paid me now, I would have to exchange it at N500 to $1 - and he has been owing me since it was N150 to $1.

Poor me....anyway, he plays ludo while I play chess.

And there you have it.

Bolaji Aluko

On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 1:17 PM, Ibukunolu A Babajide <ibk...@gmail.com> wrote:
Prof. Bolaji Aluko,

You are too kind.  Joe-Joe-vin Attueyi MUST pay for all these civic education he is receiving.  Maybe after payment, he will realise the difference between laughter as the best medicine and derison!

Cheers.

IBK

_________________________
Ibukunolu Alao Babajide (IBK)

On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 4:53 PM, 'Joe Attueyi' via AfricanWorldForum <africanworldforum@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Anthony
Should Nigerian citizens not also pay tax to Nigeria "...
no matter where they live on the planet."

Americans pay tax and vote "...
no matter where they live on the planet.

Joe

Sent from my iPhone

On 12 Jan 2017, at 3:34 PM, 'Anthony Momah' via OkonkwoNetworks <okonkwonetworks@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Diasporan voting right should NOT and I say NOT be tied to the development of Diaspora fund...

NIGERIAN CITIZENS should be able to vote, in their National election, no matter where they live on the planet.

OkonkwoNetworks..........Building NIGERIA of our DREAM

Listserv moderated by Toyin Falola, University of Texas at Austin

Listserv moderated by Toyin Falola, University of Texas at Austin

Otitigbe Obadiah Oghoerore Alegbe PhD

Jan 13, 2017, 8:56:20 PM1/13/17
to africanw...@googlegroups.com
"Poor me....anyway, he plays ludo while I play chess."

Shakara olooje.

Otitigbe Obadiah Oghoerore Alegbe PhD
The Okatakye of Africa

Jan 13, 2017, 8:58:29 PM1/13/17
to naija...@googlegroups.com, Anthony Momah, Google Inc., NIgerianWorldForum, Google Inc., yahoogroups, NaijaObserver, rotfash, ikeagbor, mgadeniyi, abba2007, vincentotuonye, naijapolitics, NigerianID, TalkNigeria
Pastor Joe,

As an American I realized very early that America taxes your gross income no matter where you earn it. They do subtract the income taxes you have already paid before you are assessed. In America I look around me and I see where that income tax is going. If someone is about to tax my black ass in Nigeria, I will like to know where that money is going? If they are going to steal it then there will be some mass killings in some government offices.  After a few of those shootings the Nigerian thieves will learn not to steal from the treasury. Imagine if I had to pay taxes in Nigeria when Aisha Buhari is gallivanting all over the world on my hard earned money? How long do you think she will continue with that mess?

Oil and envy by the Ijaw of Nigeria created the current situation where Gov. Nyesom Wike would travel to Sokoto to give status report to their local chief. If Ijaw did not betray Biafra, today they will have resource control and their land would not be destroyed as it has been by ruthless, heartless men and women of Yoruba, Fulani extraction. The Yoruba celebrate the richest black woman in the world in Alakija. Tell me is there no Ijaw woman with equal or better sucking ability?

WS - A prince of Mushin, Lagos, Nigeria.

Sent from my iPad
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "NaijaEvent" group.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/naijaevent.

Joe Attueyi

Jan 14, 2017, 5:40:35 AM1/14/17
to NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaO...@yahoogroups.com, TalkN...@yahoogroups.com, naija...@googlegroups.com, Anthony Momah, Google Inc., Google Inc., yahoogroups, rotfash, ikeagbor, mgadeniyi, abba2007, vincentotuonye, naijapolitics, NigerianID
Ouch!!!!!!
That hurt.

Nnamochie show some mercy

Joe

Sent from my iPhone

On 14 Jan 2017, at 9:35 AM, Philip Achusim eze...@yahoo.com [NIgerianWorldForum] <NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Oga:

Taking a sabbatical is not good for me. You see, you father is on a sabbatical and that is why he is not here with us. And you wish me to join him? No. I don't want to. I don't mean any harm. All I was trying to say was that we copied the USA constitution and nothing else. And my nwadiana was pouting out the differences and I was learning. And because your father is on a sabbatical, you want me to go on a sabbatical? Your your delete button if your jealousy that I am here and your father is not will let you. The only reason I read your post was because I saw my name.

I have no issues with Nebu, and he knows it. I don't have any issues with my nwadiana and he knows it. But you have issues because of what I already said above. Rest assured I am not going on a sabbatical. Oh no. Learn to use your delete button when you see my post. You should see the number of posts I delete every day withou reading them.

And I am
Ezeana Igirigi Achusim
Odi-Isaa
Nwa Dim Orioha AKA Onyeukwu
Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Friday, January 13, 2017, 9:42 PM, joe alphaeus jalp...@yahoo.ca [NIgerianWorldForum] <NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Pa Achusim,

You're been reeled into this one factual sided tax debate because of your impromptu response to every posting.
Nebu tried his best to explain the rationale of taxing diasporans; and,and Prof. Aluko needed not to give examples if you and, the originator of anything negative about diaspora,, the Pastor, did not come up with some bogus explanation of how taxes works.
I do envey you, retirement is a good thing, but must you respond to every silly posting. Take a sabbatical men.

JoeA

Alagba:

I told you that the guy who obeyed the Nigerian tax laws and the guys who flouted the tax laws both wind up with little or nothing from their government. The guy who cheated winds up ahead in Nigeria. Ask Imo retirees. Okorocha is cutting their retirement pay by 60%. Cheaters are never expecting anything from the government, so they planned accordingly. The retirees obeyed the tax laws, but their retirement pay is not guaranteed.

And I am
Ezeana Igirigi Achusim
Odi-Isaa
Nwa Dim Orioha AKA Onyeukwu.

__._,_.___

Posted by: Philip Achusim <eze...@yahoo.com>

.

__,_._,___

Joe Attueyi

Jan 14, 2017, 5:51:41 AM1/14/17
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, naija...@googlegroups.com, Anthony Momah, NIgerianWorldForum, Google Inc., yahoogroups, NaijaObserver, rotfash, ikeagbor, mgadeniyi, abba2007, vincentotuonye, naijapolitics, NigerianID, TalkNigeria
In America I look around me and I see where that income tax is going. If someone is about to tax my black ass in Nigeria, I will like to know where that money is going? If they are going to steal it then there will be some mass killings in some government offices.  After a few of those shootings the Nigerian thieves will learn not to steal from the treasury.

WS,
I believe you and I are saying the same thing.

1. You pay your tax in America because the law demands it

2. You look around and you see what your tax is used for. If you don't you will do something about it.

3. If every Nigerian, home and abroad, is made to pay tax then any attempt to "....  steal it then there will be some mass killings in some government offices.  After a few of those shootings the Nigerian thieves will learn not to steal from the treasury..."

That is all I am saying. When diaspora Nigerians pay tax they will take a different attitude towards corruption and affairs of state in Nigeria.

Joe

Sent from my iPhone