Presidency Budgets N100m to Purchase Bullet Proof Tyres | THISDAYLIVE

Joe Attueyi

Feb 17, 2017, 4:17:24 AM2/17/17
to Naija...@googlegroups.com, Yahoo! Inc., African GM, Okonkwonetworks, yahoogroups, Truth As My Weapon, Agbor Ike, ebo...@dmu.ac.uk, Ishola Williams, Abba, rot...@yahoo.com, vincent...@msn.com, Yahoo! Inc., Michael Adeniyi, TalkNaija, Mgbajala Eziokwu, Omo Oodua

Ishola Williams

Feb 17, 2017, 4:20:59 AM2/17/17
to Joe Attueyi, Naija...@googlegroups.com, Yahoo! Inc., African GM, Okonkwonetworks, yahoogroups, Truth As My Weapon, Agbor Ike, ebo...@dmu.ac.uk, Abba, rot...@yahoo.com, vincent...@msn.com, Yahoo! Inc., Michael Adeniyi, TalkNaija, Mgbajala Eziokwu, Omo Oodua
BUDGET PADDING CONTINUES.WHEN WILL IT EVER STOP?WHEN WILL IT EVER STOP?
UNTIL SYSTEMIC CHANGE.iw
--
Ishola Williams
Maj-Gen (Rtd)

afis 'Deinde

Feb 17, 2017, 7:13:57 AM2/17/17
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, NaijaNetwork, NaijaNews, NaijaNews, egbe...@yahoogroups.com, Joe Attueyi, Naija...@googlegroups.com, Yahoo! Inc., Okonkwonetworks, yahoogroups, Truth As My Weapon, Agbor Ike, ebo...@dmu.ac.uk, Abba, rot...@yahoo.com, vincent...@msn.com, Yahoo! Inc., Michael Adeniyi, TalkNaija, Mgbajala Eziokwu, Omo Oodua
Good morning sir, General Williams.
Stop believing everything you read from Motive-Joe Attueyi.
It is one thing to not want Buhari as president, which is mine or Joe's prerogative, however it is quiet vicious and unprogressive to try to destroy the President for your own pecuniary gains.

How much is N100m in good currency?
Motive-Joe runs errands with self-serving, ulterior motives!

Shikena
Afis
Sent from my iPhone

Joe Attueyi

Feb 17, 2017, 7:36:37 AM2/17/17
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, NaijaNetwork, NaijaNews, NaijaNews, egbe...@yahoogroups.com, Naija...@googlegroups.com, Yahoo! Inc., Okonkwonetworks, Truth As My Weapon, Agbor Ike, ebo...@dmu.ac.uk, Abba, rot...@yahoo.com, vincent...@msn.com, Yahoo! Inc., Michael Adeniyi, Mgbajala Eziokwu
Afis
Sometimes you say the most stupid of things.

Joe put N100 MM for tyres in the budget, got Thisday to publish for public consumption and posted it here for forumites---because "Joe runs errands with self-serving, ulterior motives!"!

Strange people

Joe
Sent from my iPhone

Mobolaji Aluko

Feb 17, 2017, 7:47:07 AM2/17/17
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, NaijaNetwork, NaijaNews, NaijaNews, egbe...@yahoogroups.com, Joe Attueyi, Naija...@googlegroups.com, Yahoo! Inc., Okonkwonetworks, Truth As My Weapon, Agbor Ike, ebo...@dmu.ac.uk, Abba, rot...@yahoo.com, vincent...@msn.com, Yahoo! Inc., Michael Adeniyi, Mgbajala Eziokwu, USAAfrica Dialogue

Afis:

De ting tire man for Joe Attueyi!  Luckily for him, 2019 cannot come soon enough.

On this "budget tires/tyres" matter, we should ask:

  (1)  Are "bullet-proof tyres" necessary?  I presume that they are - for some security purposes - but the political "supporter" will give the benefit of the doubt, while the inverterate political "opposer" might be skeptical, even cynical of its necessity.

  (2)  What vehicles will they be used on, and how many tyres
             (i) were bought in previous years
             (ii)  are to be bought this year, and why?

  (3)  What are the unit costs of these tyres:

          (i)  as delivered, if they are made in Nigeria?  Probably not.
         (ii)  as delivered, if they are to be imported from abroad.?

     If imported from abroad, I usually go to "Amazon.com" to get an idea of cost - but not dice.   So I went to Alibaba.com:

    Ex-factory, "bulltet-proof tyres" go from $1-2 per set   to $1600 to $2000 per set

bullet proof 16/70-20 spongy solid tire

US $1-2 / Set
10 Sets (Min. Order)

So at N305 - 516 per dollar - and when you add shipping and insurance costs, you can better assess.   For example, N100 million will buy 100 tyres for $2000 each at N500 per $.....okay?

And there you have it.  We should be skeptical, but not cynical.

Bolaji Aluko

Bolaji Aluko

Joe Attueyi

Feb 17, 2017, 8:08:34 AM2/17/17
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, NaijaNetwork, NaijaNews, NaijaNews, egbe...@yahoogroups.com, Naija...@googlegroups.com, Yahoo! Inc., Okonkwonetworks, Truth As My Weapon, Agbor Ike, ebo...@dmu.ac.uk, Abba, rot...@yahoo.com, vincent...@msn.com, Yahoo! Inc., Michael Adeniyi, Mgbajala Eziokwu, USAAfrica Dialogue
Prof Aluko
This your analysis below is nonsensical to say the least.

1. Every regime buys brand new cars for its officials.

2. Why do brand new cars new provision for replacement tyres?

3. In your second year as VC UNIOTUKE what was your university's budget for tires ? It will be a good starting point to extrapolate to the presidency in its second year

Una no dey shame sef?

Joe
Shaking his head at all these intellectual justifiers of rubbish

Sent from my iPhone
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to africanworldfo...@googlegroups.com.

afis 'Deinde

Feb 17, 2017, 8:10:12 AM2/17/17
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, NaijaNetwork, NaijaNews, NaijaNews, egbe...@yahoogroups.com, Naija...@googlegroups.com, Yahoo! Inc., Okonkwonetworks, Truth As My Weapon, Agbor Ike, ebo...@dmu.ac.uk, Abba, rot...@yahoo.com, vincent...@msn.com, Yahoo! Inc., Michael Adeniyi, Mgbajala Eziokwu
Pastor Joe, it is not stupid to think for myself, and reach obvious conclusion after putting into perspective, your history of being Buhari's Bad News bearer or Fabricated News carrier. Every New you bring, to wise minds, should be verified, and thoroughly analyzed, and at the end still be taken with more than a "pinch of salt".

N94m or N100m is not too much to budget for "bulletproof tires"......what you should provide is "how many tires?". I checked online and they go for pretty much in dollars.
I guess you did not think that far? I mean to know the price online and to ask "quantity" from your News sources?
How many tires are provided for, amounting to N100m?

AsoRock occupants, VP and others are always in danger......from the Niger Delta terrorists to the Boko people......all these guys must be adequately protected.
I guess you and your Half-ass Naija reporters didn't factor-in the possibility that the budgeted money could be for a large delivery?
Tell your reporters to do better News reporting.
No facts in that newstory except the funding, and that makes the writer, the spreader (that's Joe), the dumb ones not Afis.

Teachables for Pastor Joe: Journalism 101

We know "what", we know for "whom", and we reasonably can deduce "why" it is imperative to buy it since Naija is fighting two civil wars...... however, the "quantity" of "how" is missing.
Joe, my bro, that's tricky dicky newstory for Munguns.
To imply, throwing it out there to see which one sticks, with no worthy facts, is known as the dirtiest of all Muckraking!

Shikena
Afis
Sent from my iPhone

Ishola Williams

Feb 17, 2017, 8:10:36 AM2/17/17
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, NaijaNetwork, NaijaNews, NaijaNews, egbe...@yahoogroups.com, Joe Attueyi, Naija...@googlegroups.com, Yahoo! Inc., Okonkwonetworks, Truth As My Weapon, Agbor Ike, ebo...@dmu.ac.uk, Abba, rot...@yahoo.com, vincent...@msn.com, Yahoo! Inc., Michael Adeniyi, Mgbajala Eziokwu
Afis,It is important to look at precedences and then facts and figures.We are used to Budget padding.Right.
There is 100 million Naira for Bullet-Proof Tyres.
In my response to Prof Aluko,I did ask whether those tyres are meant for replacement of worn out tyres or they are to fit new vehicles which does not make sense,This is because ,it makes sense to buy a Bullet-proof vehicle which normally will have bullet-proof tyres than buying a Soft-skin vehicle and have Bullet-Proof Tyres.How many of these vehicles do we have in FG inventory?
My own conclusion is PADDING.Period.
I have no soft spot for anybody on this forum nor for GMB himself and his propaganda team not to talk of Pastor J..
I say,write and act in line with my past and present experience,situational analysis of facts and figures and arrive at a judgement in line with conscience.
I do not follow MOTIVES AND i WILL ONLY DO SO IF I AM CONVINCED.

afis 'Deinde

Feb 17, 2017, 8:18:49 AM2/17/17
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, NaijaNetwork, NaijaNews, NaijaNews, egbe...@yahoogroups.com, Joe Attueyi, Naija...@googlegroups.com, Yahoo! Inc., Okonkwonetworks, Truth As My Weapon, Agbor Ike, ebo...@dmu.ac.uk, Abba, rot...@yahoo.com, vincent...@msn.com, Yahoo! Inc., Michael Adeniyi, Mgbajala Eziokwu, USAAfrica Dialogue
Good morning sir, Dr Aluko:
Aiye yin amaa toro sini, tomo taya!
Don't mind him sir.
Some of those tyres are even about $5000 on the military mag online.
It depends on quality.
We don't place our leaders in harm's way.
The problem is, Joe Attueyi is a smart guy, he just love Bad news about Buhari.
I don't get it.
Afis
Sent from my iPhone
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to africanworldfo...@googlegroups.com.

Mobolaji Aluko

Feb 17, 2017, 8:31:49 AM2/17/17
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, NaijaNetwork, NaijaNews, NaijaNews, egbe...@yahoogroups.com, Naija...@googlegroups.com, Yahoo! Inc., Okonkwonetworks, Truth As My Weapon, Agbor Ike, ebo...@dmu.ac.uk, Abba, rot...@yahoo.com, vincent...@msn.com, Yahoo! Inc., Michael Adeniyi, Mgbajala Eziokwu, USAAfrica Dialogue

Joe Attueyi:

Your opinion that my analysis below is "non-sensical" is itself "non-sensical."  So let us call a truce on that one, okay?  We should let OTHERS judge both my contribution and yours.

By the way, I have not justified the use of N94.5 million for purchase of bullet-proof tyres, but I am fully conscious enough to know that there can be good justification for it.

As to my service at Otuoke, when I started as VC in July 2011, the federal government gave each university 8 vehicles (1 Jeep, 1 Peougeot saloon, 1 Hillux, 2 Coasters, 2 Water Tankers, 1 Ambulance).   By the time I left five years later, we had about 49 vehicles in the university fleet, each insured, each with a maintenance schedule, most bought within the first two-and-a-half years of the university.  By the second or third year of each vehicle, whenever the maintaining company indicated (during routine maintenance) that a tyre or two needed changing, I would ask our Works department to verify, and we would change the tyres upon confirmation.  The recommendation was often that two tyres be changed at once (both front, and both back), or all four.

Some vehicles in the fleet required more changing than others.  For example, in the five years, I might have changed the one on my Jeep once or twice (I believe twice?), while others no more than one time.

So we had no budget for "tyre changing" as such, but for "vehicles maintenance."

Any other questions?

Bolaji Aluko

afis 'Deinde

Feb 17, 2017, 8:35:35 AM2/17/17
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, NaijaNetwork, NaijaNews, NaijaNews, egbe...@yahoogroups.com, Joe Attueyi, Naija...@googlegroups.com, Yahoo! Inc., Okonkwonetworks, Truth As My Weapon, Agbor Ike, ebo...@dmu.ac.uk, Abba, rot...@yahoo.com, vincent...@msn.com, Yahoo! Inc., Michael Adeniyi, Mgbajala Eziokwu
General Williams, sir, I really don't understand this your statement sir:  "I did ask whether those tyres are meant for replacement of worn out tyres or they are to fit new vehicles which does not make sense,This is because ,it makes sense to buy a Bullet-proof vehicle which normally will have bullet-proof tyres than buying a Soft-skin vehicle and have Bullet-Proof Tyres.How many of these vehicles do we have in FG inventory?"....END.

So, if a man buys new tyres for his old car, that's not acceptable? He must buy new car because new tyres come attached?
I don't get your assertion, sir.

I don't have any connections with AsoRock, but I can say with 98% certainty that bulletproof cars have been in use by Naija leaders if not during the Abacha regime, then from OBJ time.
I know of two officials that came to the US during GEJ's govt to customize their vehicles. They stayed around Long Island, and own properties there.
If officials are fortifying their personal vehicles, I am sure the AsoRock gentlemen were not left out.

Now back to bulletproof cars and tyres:
We are going to assume that those tyres are  purchased for bulletproof cars.
Old bulletproof cars can have new tyres.
So what point are you making?
Sir, that doesn't necessarily mean "budget padding".
The news reporters should go investigate further how many cars are they trying to equip, and how many tyres budgeted.
Then we may have News!

Shikena
Afis
Sent from my iPhone
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to africanworldfo...@googlegroups.com.

Mobolaji Aluko

Feb 17, 2017, 8:43:12 AM2/17/17
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, NaijaNetwork, NaijaNews, NaijaNews, egbe...@yahoogroups.com, Joe Attueyi, Naija...@googlegroups.com, Yahoo! Inc., Okonkwonetworks, Truth As My Weapon, Agbor Ike, ebo...@dmu.ac.uk, Abba, rot...@yahoo.com, vincent...@msn.com, Yahoo! Inc., Michael Adeniyi, Mgbajala Eziokwu

Afis:

It seems as if we are chanelling each other today, because I just wrote to General Ishola Williams:

QUOTE

GIW:

If you are buying (replacement) bullet-proof tyres, must you state/buy the bullet-proof vehicles ALL OVER again?

When the bullet-proof vehicles were first bought, they must have had bullet-proof tyres.  Now the tyres are worn, and they are asking for money for replacement.  What is so difficult to understand about this, unless you believe:

     (1)  they should not have bullet-proof vehicles in the first instance?
     (2)  they REALLY don't have bullet-proof vehicles?

I don't get you, General!

UNQUOTE

You are as incredulous as myself in GIW's logic on this matter.

Bolaji Aluko