Cardinal Onaiyekan escapes death in attack by herdsmen + Other Evening Stories in NEWS EXPRESS, Nigeria’s Global Voice

isaac umunna

Apr 30, 2016, 4:26:58 PM4/30/16
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, nigerian...@yahoogroups.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, Niger...@yahoogroups.com, Anambr...@yahoogroups.com, UmuAn...@yahoogroups.com
Cardinal Onaiyekan escapes death in attack by herdsmen •Catholic Bishops send SOS to Buhari http://www.newsexpressngr.com/news/detail.php?news=23028

2016 Budget to go into full operation in few days — Osinbajo http://www.newsexpressngr.com/news/detail.php?news=23027

Northern Governors berate South East leaders for blaming Buhari for bloody attack on Enugu community, clear Fulani herdsmen http://www.newsexpressngr.com/news/detail.php?news=23026

Any Fulani man you see with AK-47 is not a herdsman but a cattle rustler — Cattle Breeders Association http://www.newsexpressngr.com/news/detail.php?news=23024

Internet expert Ike Nnamani elected into NIRA Executive Board http://www.newsexpressngr.com/news/detail.php?news=23023

Why Britain must leave the European Union, By Prof Alexia Thomas http://www.newsexpressngr.com/news/detail.php?news=23021

Former US government employee sells nuclear secrets http://www.newsexpressngr.com/news/detail.php?news=23020

State of emergency declared as Iraqi Shia protesters storm Baghdad parliament http://www.newsexpressngr.com/news/detail.php?news=23019

PLS CLICK ON THE LINK OF ANY STORY OF YOUR CHOICE AND READ THE DETAILS.

For more stories, please visit: newsexpressgr.com

You may also add us on Twitter: @newsexpressngr; BB
Channel pin: C00433FE4; Twitter: @newsexpressngr;
Facebook: News Express Nigeria; WhatsApp: +2348034499132

You may as well subscribe to our Newsletter at newsexpressngr.com

On behalf of all of us here at News Express, here’s wishing you a great evening and a happy night rest.

Isaac Umunna
Publisher

Mobolaji Aluko

Apr 30, 2016, 4:35:19 PM4/30/16
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, niger...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaPolitics e-Group, naijaintellects, OmoOdua

My People:

So why in this report below was it written that the attack on the Cardinal was by "suspected herdsmen?"  Did the car run into any cows?

Inquiring minds want to know.....you can see some people acting out an "agenda", stirring up things senselessly.

Bolaji Aluko
Shaking his head

Cardinal Onaiyekan escapes death in attack by herdsmen •Catholic Bishops send SOS to Buhari

By News Express on 30/04/2016

Share on facebook Tweet Yahoo mail icon Gmail icon

Tragedy was averted late on Friday when Catholic Archbishop of Abuja, John Cardinal Onaiyekan, survived an attempt on his life by suspected herdsmen along Benin-Ekpoma road in Edo State. Cardinal Onaiyekan was attacked on his way from the 10 years anniversary celebration of the enthronement of Dr. Augustin Akubueze as a bishop and the 10 years anniversary celebration of the Diocese Uromi.

Recounting their ordeal, the driver to Onaiyekan, who simply identified himself as Segun blamed the attack on herdsmen. He said: “We left Benin for Uromi and at about 5:00 p.m. on the fateful day, I think very close to Ehor, I saw a big pothole and decided to slow down the vehicle. I would have passed the spot with speed but because the Cardinal was sleeping, I decided to slow down the vehicle so that he won’t wake up. Suddenly, I saw three men come out of the palm tree plantation by the roadside and started shooting at the vehicle. I looked ahead of me; two of them were firing from a distance at the vehicle and I looked behind me; another one was firing at the vehicle from behind, so I decided to use reverse gear. The other vehicles who saw me coming with reverse started clearing off the road and when I got to a safe distance I decided to stop the vehicle and people started running to see what had happened. It was then we realised that the bullets shattered the left passenger window glass and made huge holes on the panel of the door. We just thank God nothing happened to the Cardinal or any of us in the vehicle.”

Reacting today to the incident, Catholic Archbishop of Benin City, Dr. Augustin Akubueze, and the Catholic Bishop of Uromi Diocese, Dr. Donatus Ogun, both appealed to President Muhammadu Buhari to tackle the issue of the growing attacks by hoodlums in Edo State.

“We thank God that Cardinal Onaiyekan survived the attacks of some criminal elements on the Benin-Ekpoma road. If something had happened to him, what would have been the story? We thank God nothing happen and we are using this opportunity to appeal to Mr. President to provide adequate security for the citizens of Edo State,” Akubueze said, in an interview in Benin City.

The Catholic Archbishop stressed that the responsibility of a government is to secure her people. According to him, “What we are asking for is not too much for our President. If there is no security of lives and property, no investments or meaningful economic development can take place in the state and the nation at large. We need security and we are demanding that from our government.”

Akubueze noted that the spate of attacks by so-called herdsmen across the country “is becoming frightening,” adding: “There is an urgent need by the state and federal government to deal with the issue of security to protect lives and property of Nigerians with all seriousness.”

Also reacting to the attack on Cardinal Onaiyekan, Bishop Ogun said: “What would have happened if the Cardinal was killed? It would have been sorry and pains for us, considering that he was coming to attend the 10th anniversary of the creation of Uromi Diocese. We thank God he came out unhurt.”

While appealing strongly to President Buhari to help secure the state, the Bishop added: “We need adequate security to protect the lives and property of the residents of the state. We cannot continue to live in fear in our own land because of the activities of these criminals.”

•Photo shows Cardinal Onaiyekan.

Source News Express

Posted 30/04/2016 2:44:58 PM

Otitigbe Obadiah Oghoerore Alegbe PhD

Apr 30, 2016, 4:58:59 PM4/30/16
to africanw...@googlegroups.com

Mobolaji.
Are you so desperate to get a job from Buhari?
Inquiring minds want to know.
For you everything is perfect under Buhari.
Otitigbe.

Ezeana Igirigi Achusim

Apr 30, 2016, 5:09:46 PM4/30/16
to NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, africanw...@googlegroups.com, nigerian...@yahoogroups.com, Niger...@yahoogroups.com, Anambr...@yahoogroups.com, UmuAn...@yahoogroups.com
It was not very long ago that the Archbishop and Odi-Isaa shared the same platform on the occasion of the Silver Jubilee celebrations of the Daughters of Divine Love in Chicago. Glad that God and the gods delivered him safely from evil.

And I am

Ezeana Igirigi Achusim
Odi-Isaa
Nwa Dim Orioha AkA Onyeukwu

Sent from my iPhone
__._,_.___

Posted by: isaac umunna <isum...@yahoo.com>

Upgrade your account with the latest Yahoo Mail app
Get organized with the fast and easy-to-use Yahoo Mail app. Upgrade today!

.

__,_._,___

Ezeana Igirigi Achusim

Apr 30, 2016, 5:11:34 PM4/30/16
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, niger...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaPolitics e-Group, naijaintellects, OmoOdua
Bolaji:

While the cows grazed nearby, it is possible for the herdsmen to hit the road and do whatever.

And I am

Ezeana Igirigi Achusim
Odi-Isaa
Nwa Dim Orioha AkA Onyeukwu

Sent from my iPhone

Mobolaji Aluko

Apr 30, 2016, 5:11:43 PM4/30/16
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, naijaintellects, NaijaPolitics e-Group, niger...@yahoogroups.com, OmoOdua

Obadiah Oghoerore Alegbe PhD ;

You will notice that over the years, I have never responded to your senseless insults or needlings.  That is because:

1.  we have met once before;
2.  I don't want to make you more miserable than you already are.

'Nuff said.....I won't respond to you for another five years, no matter your insults or needlings.

Bolaji Aluko

PS:  As VC, remember that I invited you down to test all your hair-brained African technology theories.  You dodged....one knows why....or does one?

Mobolaji Aluko

Apr 30, 2016, 5:53:13 PM4/30/16
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, niger...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaPolitics e-Group, naijaintellects, OmoOdua

Ezeana:

And if these herdsmen were going from Point A to Point B to C  - during which point B they did their dastardly murderous act - would they retire to Point A, or proceed to Point C to sell their cattle - and will find there complicit willing buyers, or ignorant ones eating blood-money cows?

Please talk to me intelligently....

Mind you, I see that you agree with me (in one other contribution of yours) that if we are serious, the first step is for the aggrieved to DECLARE that they will stop eating cows of traveling herdsmen, whether Fulani or otherwise, from here on, so they need not even waste their time coming to - or through - our domain:  among other steps like setting up (local) grazing farms (to satisfy our local needs), setting up abbatoirs, and encouraging referigerated freight trains (to carry beef.)

This is what intelligent persons do, not ethnically-biased individuals who want to present a narrow narrative.....

Bolaji Aluko
Waiting patiently

Afis Deinde

Apr 30, 2016, 5:58:31 PM4/30/16
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, naijaintellects, NaijaPolitics e-Group, niger...@yahoogroups.com, OmoOdua
Otitigbe is busy sniffing Argentina's women panties.  He knows as much scientific stuff as Afis.

Afis
“Just as a solid rock is not shaken by the storm, even so the wise are not affected by praise or blame.” — Dhamapada, verse 81.

Sent from my iPhone

Otitigbe Obadiah Oghoerore Alegbe PhD

Apr 30, 2016, 6:54:45 PM4/30/16
to africanw...@googlegroups.com

Mobolaji.

 I am not miserable. Let me tell you I had the opportunity of stopping your appointment, I did not do it.

You betrayed Jonathan. The miserability is in you. You are well in the USA , what else do you want? Are you so desperate to serve under iliterates.

I do  not want to have issue with you, you are a real disgrace to the academia.

You have enough knowledge and money to do it alone and damn this your alms for government position. You did not perfome in Otueke. Stop insulting me.

I have friends right there with Buhari and Osinbajo, very dear friends who I can call any time day and night. I mean friends from the North who are Muslims, but I do not want Buhari.

I have here a letter written to me by Buhari in 1984, but I have values, I do not mortguage my concience. I mena to say I have been in contact with Buhari since 1984.

Otitigbe.

Nelson Ekujumi

Apr 30, 2016, 7:50:07 PM4/30/16
to abiodun KOMOLAFE, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, africanw...@googlegroups.com, naijao...@yahoogroups.com, 'Peter Claver Oparah' via OkonkwoNetworks, dandal...@yahoogroups.com, Nigeriansncanada, AbujaNig, talkn...@yahoogroups.com, No Guideline In Free for All, Ibibio Nation, Ekitipanupo, AfricanWorldForum, yana...@yahoogroups.com, Akwa Ibom Politics, Edo Global, olaka...@aol.com, Naija Elections, Egbe, Yoruba NATION, Yorubas-Community E-Group, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, niger...@yahoogroups.com, naijaintellects, OmoOdua
Great Komo,

The attack on the Cardinal was by armed robbers and not herdsmen as insinuated by the mischievous headline and its a shame that some of our media houses have become willing tools and accomplices in stoking up the embers of ethnicity with a view to inciting the people and causing public disquiet, what a shame.

Nelson Ekujumi

On May 1, 2016, at 0:36, "'abiodun KOMOLAFE' via OkonkwoNetworks" <okonkwo...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Prof,/Alagba Owolabi

I am abiodun KOMOLAFE.

This is the fear of some of for President Buhari‎ and his administration.

Sir, this is why he needs to act now, before some dubious politicians and their satanic agents cash-in on the failure of intelligence to embarrass him and discredit his government.

I have commented extensively on it in one of my earlier interventions - today - and this is where I still stand: except this crime is thoroughly investigated with a view to nipping it in the bud‎, one can only pray it'd not end up being used as the application of ethnic idioms as instruments for re-strategizing access to power.

In our clime, nothing is impossible!

May God save us from ourselves!

abiodun KOMOLAFE, AMNIM,
020, Okenisa Street,
PO Box 153,
Ijebu-Jesa, Osun State.

Tel:- +234 803 361 4419 (SMS Only)

                  Because He lives, the end is not now!

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
Apr 30, 2016, 8:03:54 PM4/30/16
to abiodun KOMOLAFE, Nelson Ekujumi ekujuminel@yahoo.com [NIgerianWorldForum], NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, africanw...@googlegroups.com, naijao...@yahoogroups.com, 'Peter Claver Oparah' via OkonkwoNetworks, dandal...@yahoogroups.com, Nigeriansncanada, AbujaNig, talkn...@yahoogroups.com, No Guideline In Free for All, Ibibio Nation, Ekitipanupo, AfricanWorldForum, yana...@yahoogroups.com, Akwa Ibom Politics, Edo Global, olaka...@aol.com, Naija Elections, Egbe, Yoruba NATION, Yorubas-Community E-Group, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, niger...@yahoogroups.com, naijaintellects, OmoOdua
Indeed sad! Such devious misrepresentation stains the character of a group. A typical behavior of attention-seeing people  who often claim to be subjugated. Makes it hard to accept anything else from such source as authentic!

alt

--

Posted by: Nelson Ekujumi <ekuju...@yahoo.com>

Upgrade your account with the latest Yahoo Mail app
Get organized with the fast and easy-to-use Yahoo Mail app. Upgrade today!

.

__,_._,___

Olu Ojedokun

Apr 30, 2016, 9:19:08 PM4/30/16
to Omo...@yahoogroups.com, africanw...@googlegroups.com, naijain...@googlegroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, niger...@yahoogroups.com
Prof,

The young man is best ignored, otherwise we confer the relevance on him that he deserves not.

__._,_.___

Posted by: Mobolaji Aluko <alu...@gmail.com>

Upgrade your account with the latest Yahoo Mail app
Get organized with the fast and easy-to-use Yahoo Mail app. Upgrade today!

Please note that  membership into our focused and specialized groups are by Invitation.  If interested, you may reply to our Invitation to become a member. Also, you may directly send a message using the SUBSCRIBE Links above to subscribe yourself in a specific group. The subscription policy in these Groups shall be "EASY COME, EASY GO." All requests for subscription require the approval of Moderators.

Thanks.
Martin Akindana
Moderator

ChtAfriK Network Groups - the 'talk shop' of the African village.
...setting the pace in innovation and specialization in the African net community.
.

__,_._,___

Ezeana Igirigi Achusim

Apr 30, 2016, 9:35:38 PM4/30/16
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, niger...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaPolitics e-Group, naijaintellects, OmoOdua
Bolaji:

The driver said his car was attacked by herdsmen. Your  argument is that since there were no cattle present, the attackers could not have been herdsmen. Right? Do you see how your argument lacks intelligence? I merely stated that the cattle could be grazing nearby while the herdsmen got to the road to attack the archbishop's car. Do you now see how unintelligent your position is.

Ok. Have you read of a preacher raping a parishioner at a hotel. Going by your argument, since a church with his congregation was not seen at the hotel, the preacher could not have raped a parishioner? Unless you see cattle, there are no herdsmen involved? Really?

And I am

Ezeana Igirigi Achusim
Odi-Isaa
Nwa Dim Orioha AkA Onyeukwu

Sent from my iPhone

Ezeana Igirigi Achusim

Apr 30, 2016, 9:42:13 PM4/30/16
to NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, africanw...@googlegroups.com, niger...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaPolitics e-Group, naijaintellects, OmoOdua
Bolaji wants folks to talk to him intelligently. When he wrote that, you wonder why Buhari fired the Vice Chancellors and has not rehired any of them. People never learn.

They are not herdsmen unless there are cattle. The Yoruba archbishop's driver should not know what herdsmen look like, unless the cattle are present?

And I am

Ezeana Igirigi Achusim
Odi-Isaa
Nwa Dim Orioha AkA Onyeukwu

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 30, 2016, at 5:34 PM, olawale aina wale...@gmail.com [NIgerianWorldForum] <NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

There is a video on youtube showing the fulani herdsmen crossing the benue river to Agatu.
From all indications. When they are going on an attack they don't take the cows along.

This is a link to the video;

Ola Aina
Abuja

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
Apr 30, 2016, 9:50:38 PM4/30/16
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, africanw...@googlegroups.com, niger...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaPolitics e-Group, naijaintellects, OmoOdua
When they are going to commit murders they bring along their cows as this Bolaji would want us to believe.
And you keep wondering why we are where we are with our "intellectuals".
O dikwa egwu.
Ike

On Sat, Apr 30, 2016 at 8:42 PM, 'Ezeana Igirigi Achusim' via AfricanWorldForum

Ezeana Igirigi Achusim

Apr 30, 2016, 9:51:15 PM4/30/16
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, naijaintellects, NaijaPolitics e-Group, niger...@yahoogroups.com, OmoOdua
Bolaji:

Keep your shirt on. Please. Be cool. All you have to do is tell the young man that you are not looking for, and not expecting an appointment from Buhari. That if appointed, you will not serve. Then explain to him why you are not back at Harvard or Howard, if you are not sticking around for an appointment.

Unlike you, I have never worked for any government, and I have been recruited several times to work for a government, and I declined the offers. Are you saying that you are now tired of working for the government?

And I am

Ezeana Igirigi Achusim
Odi-Isaa
Nwa Dim Orioha AkA Onyeukwu

Sent from my iPhone

Ezeana Igirigi Achusim

Apr 30, 2016, 9:54:11 PM4/30/16
to NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, africanw...@googlegroups.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, niger...@yahoogroups.com, naijaintellects, OmoOdua
Bolaji wants Ezeana to talk to him intelligently. His intelligence is oozing from every part of him. Lol.

And I am

Ezeana Igirigi Achusim
Odi-Isaa
Nwa Dim Orioha AkA Onyeukwu

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by: Ike Agbor <ikea...@yahoo.com>

[...]

Afis Deinde

Apr 30, 2016, 11:12:45 PM4/30/16
to africanw...@googlegroups.com
Otitigbe stop lying!
You don't know Buhari, you are a bloody liar.
You are not a professor, you are a pathological liar.
If you are a professor, Afis is an astronaut.

Otitigbe, you threaten like a toddler.
Who can you call up to do anything to Dr Aluko in Nigeria, who?
Why delude yourself like you are losing your mind?
Otitigbe, go siddon ojare.......
Argentina is your cloth of Dignity, wear it with pride. Without Argentina, Otitigbe will be a Molue driver in Naija.
Shikena

Afis
“Just as a solid rock is not shaken by the storm, even so the wise are not affected by praise or blame.” — Dhamapada, verse 81.

Sent from my iPhone

Joseph Igietseme

May 1, 2016, 1:44:08 AM5/1/16
to Mobolaji Aluko, Raay...@yahoogroups.com, nigerianw...@yahoogroups.com, edo_g...@yahoogroups.com, OKONKWO...@googlegroups.com, FORUM IGBO WORLD FORUM IGBO WORLD, Odua, africanw...@googlegroups.com, naijaintellects, NaijaPolitics e-Group, niger...@yahoogroups.com, otit...@oviri.com.ar
""""PS:  As VC, remember that I invited you [Otitigbe, aka: Obadiah Oghoerore Alegbe PhD] down to test all your hair-brained African technology theories [obviously IFA protocols for locating missing Malaysian aircrafts and curing all diseases incident to humanity].  You dodged....one knows why....or does one""".........Unquote VC-Bolaji!

Hahaha...........eh? Does that mean only Vin Otuonye and Mazi Igirigi Achusim believe in Bro Otitigbe? Na wa oooo.......haha! JUI [shaking his head like VC-B!]

__._,_.___

Posted by: Mobolaji Aluko <alu...@gmail.com>

Upgrade your account with the latest Yahoo Mail app
Get organized with the fast and easy-to-use Yahoo Mail app. Upgrade today!

******************

UPCOMING EVENTS & PUBLIC NOTICE:
*****************===============

Mark your calendar and join us in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, as Leadership and Governance Canada Inc host the Former President of the Federal republic of Nigeria, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo on Friday, April 15 - 16, 2016 and other programmes scheduled for the 2-day event at the Sheraton Airport Hotel. He will be addressing Investors and Business Leaders at the LGC 2016 Leadership and Business Forum.

Limited Seating. Get your Ticket Now!.
===============
The Who s Who of Nigerian decent in Canada Hardcover Book.
-------------------------------
Please submit your 250 word biography and photo to who...@npbn.org   to be included in the first edition of the book. Share this notice with your family and friends!
==============================
============================== -------------------------------
Go to www.PrePay4Africa.com  -The Fastest Way to
Prepay for Services or ReCharge Airtime for People in Africa.
==============================

&quot;No part of any discussion on NigerianID may be used, quoted, or referred to, without the express permission of the individual author, or the Chief moderator  All discussions on NigerianID are the express property of the author and NigerianID.&quot; Copyright 2006-2016.  NigerianID.  All Rights Reserved.

Nigerian Professionals and Business Network.  Our mission is to promote the spirit of patriotism, networking, and cooperation among Nigerians in Diaspora.... http://www.nidoa.org
.

__,_._,___

Joe Attueyi

May 1, 2016, 3:33:28 AM5/1/16
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, naijaintellects, NaijaPolitics e-Group, niger...@yahoogroups.com, OmoOdua, Yahoo! Inc., Bring Your Baseball Bat, Ra'ayi Riga, Yahoo! Inc., Naija...@googlegroups.com
Bolaji:

Keep your shirt on. Please. Be cool. All you have to do is tell the young man that you are not looking for, and not expecting an appointment from Buhari. That if appointed, you will not serve.

Hehehehe! That will be the day!

Then explain to him why you are not back at Harvard or Howard, if you are not sticking around for an appointment.

Jokes apart, I thought Prof Aluko was a tenured professor at Howard U. And that Howard will simply take him back after his stint at the village of five people and five crocodiles ( copyright of Abba).

Anyway if Howard will not take Prof Aluko back we should all chip in and help him find a job with PMB's Govt. Regardless of his caterwauling ways , he has talent and works hard at his assignments. Nigeria should not waste such an asset

Joe
Sent from my iPhone

Ezeana Igirigi Achusim

May 1, 2016, 4:41:57 AM5/1/16
to NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, africanw...@googlegroups.com, naijaintellects, niger...@yahoogroups.com, OmoOdua, Yahoo! Inc., Bring Your Baseball Bat, Ra'ayi Riga, Yahoo! Inc., Naija...@googlegroups.com
First things first. Bolaji has to first admit that he is between a rock and a hard place before we can proceed to help him. But don't worry. Extended unemployment has a way of humbling folks. We know his Aso Rock contacts. EFCC has them under watch for their past transgressions.

And I am

Ezeana Igirigi Achusim
Odi-Isaa
Nwa Dim Orioha AkA Onyeukwu

Sent from my iPhone
__._,_.___

Posted by: Joe Attueyi <topc...@yahoo.com>

[...]

Mobolaji Aluko

May 1, 2016, 10:16:10 AM5/1/16
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, USAAfrica Dialogue, Ra'ayi, Yan Arewa, nigeriaw...@yahoogroups.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, niger...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaPolitics e-Group, naijaintellects, OmoOdua

"Intellectual" Ike Agbor:

Okay, so the "herdsmen" (whether Fulani or not) do not have their cows with them when they do their murders, but should their actions not somehow be "cow-related" if indeed they are herdsmen?

If cow-related, then without their cows around, their actions must be one of three possibilities:

  (1)  conquest:  a group of advance "herdsmen" wishing to take over territory so that their cows can later come in to graze on more available land.

  (2)  retaliation: a group of "herdsmen" who have invaded to avenge either an earlier cattle rustling, and/or a killing or killings of kith and kin who had been denied either passage or grazing rights.

  (3)  path-clearing:  a group of advance-party "herdsmen" who have come not to conquer, not to retaliate, but to remove any potential opposition to their passing through with their herd.

You may wish to add other scenarios, but I have exhausted my "intellectual" limits for now.

So, "intellectual" Ike, which is it in Enugu? Or Agatu? Or Oyo?

To those who died, it really does not matter WHY.....but to those of us who are still alive and are hoping to PREVENT further killings, I believe that it does matter what the motivation is - or might or might not be - so that also proper assignment might be placed to the victimizers.

Honestly, in some of these situations, particularly south of Sambisa Forest,  I am beginning to suspect  Rag-tag Battalion(s) of the retreating Boko Haram rather than "herdsmen".

And there you have it.

Bolaji Aluko

On Sun, May 1, 2016 at 2:50 AM, 'Ike Agbor' via AfricanWorldForum <africanw...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
[...]

From all indications. When they are going on an attack they don't take the cows along.

This is a link to the video;

Ola Aina
Abuja

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.

kingsley Nnabuagha

May 1, 2016, 10:24:46 AM5/1/16
to Yan Arewa, Ra'ayi, africanw...@googlegroups.com, USAAfrica Dialogue, nigeriaw...@yahoogroups.com, Mobolaji Aluko, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, niger...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaPolitics e-Group, naijaintellects, OmoOdua
Mobolaji Aluko,

The whole money your Dad looted, used in educating amount to pure waste, a sin. Wrong investment is a sin.

No regards for you because you are a sadist. You partner sadist like Afis (Jerome Niang) Idera.

Collins Ezebuihe

May 1, 2016, 3:36:00 PM5/1/16
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, nigerianw...@yahoogroups.com, niger...@yahoogroups.com, naijap...@yahoogroups.com, naijain...@googlegroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com
GET LOST, YOU ASS!!

To: africanw...@googlegroups.com
CC: NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com; niger...@yahoogroups.com; NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com; naijain...@googlegroups.com; Omo...@yahoogroups.com

Wilson Iguade

May 1, 2016, 4:10:55 PM5/1/16
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, NIgerianWorldForum@yahoogroups.com NIgerianWorldForum@yahoogroups.com, Okonkwonetworks, Develop Nigeria, Esan Forum, naijaintellects, NaijaPolitics e-Group, niger...@yahoogroups.com, OmoOdua, Yahoo! Inc., Bring Your Baseball Bat, Ra'ayi Riga, Yahoo! Inc., Naija...@googlegroups.com
This idea that an individual is seeking employment with Buhari, as advanced by a "Fake Pastor" relentlessly over a period now, needs to be put to rest, NOW, immediately by me - for the good of the country.

I would love to see VC Aluko (I know he is "former", but I choose to call him "VC Aluko" - any problem with that, take it up with moi). Back to my point, I would love to see VC Aluko continue to SERVE any government he chooses to serve and I, Wilson Iguade, see NOTHING, absolutely nothing wrong with doing what one can to prosper. Since, when is it a crime to pursue one's dream of service or employment?

Joe Attueyi MUST stop his envy of another's capacity to serve any entity, government, or franchise - I just do not get this badgering, as below, from Joe Attueyi - like if one does not return to previous employment it is evidence that one is seeking employment elsewhere, really! So, what is fucking wrong with that? Where in the Bible, Fake Pastor, is it written that failure to return to previous employment is a SIN? I know it is not criminal, maybe it is a SIN, if so, please inform us or shut up.

I have come to the conclusion that Joe Attueyi is a BIG pretense (pretender) of being in cordial terms with the Diaspora Community, when Joe Attueyi HATES anything diaspora.  Na jealousy go kill am. He brags on the limited oversea exposure he has, and ATTEMPTS to deny those with superior or more exposure than he has their status.

He hates and his abusive of the Diaspora Community and their support of the economy via money transfer/remittance. Joe Attueyi puts down those that left Nigeria to seek better education than those who decided to stay and earned their education in Nigeria, and yet he sees Diaspora ELITES as the "savior" of Nigeria. Why? I suppose better education. I hope!

He calls his group that stayed in Nigeria to be educated, "BEST and BRIGHTEST". Yep! The "best and brightest" have indeed demonstrated their skills of best and brightest by LOOTING the country FUCKING DRY, while those in Diaspora are busy floating the country with foreign remittance.

I am not defending VC Aluko, as we all know, I cannot do a good job defending him, knowing his capacity to do an excellent job defending himself. However, I am sick of the new suggestive mantra to silence those who are doing whatever they can to better their lives.

If Joe Attueyi needs government job, let him go fucking get it. Why hassle those who seek to help the country. In fact, I would be thrilled to see VC Aluko appointed in some position responsible for Diaspora matters given his past service at NIDOA, and his interest to see Diaspora Nigerians VOTING in presidential elections.

Stay tuned for more call out of the enemies of progress, let any person, get whatever job they can get by whatever means they can. And, you do the same for yourself, or SHUT the FUCK up. Okay!

Na mi o! SAI IGUADE

Sent from my iPhone

Otitigbe Obadiah Oghoerore Alegbe PhD

May 1, 2016, 5:13:47 PM5/1/16
to africanw...@googlegroups.com

Wilson.

It is not a crime for one to look for governent Job. As a Professor I am an Argentine Federal Governmen Employee, as a Professional I am an Employee of the Autonomous City of Buenos Aires. While I also have my private activities developing software for two Ambulance companies. A very presitigious private Unviersity has started the preceedure of incorporating me into its Academic Corps. In Argentina you do not have office as a lecture, you lecture your subject and go about other business. You are paid per hour of lectures. So you can work in different palces private and public as long as the hours do not conflict.

The problem I have with Mobolaji is that I pleaded with him to support Jonathan when he was running for President the first time, Mobolaji preffered El Rufai, but when Jonathan won, and started new Universities, Mobolaji was handpicked to be VC of Otuoke, he did not have the highness to reject the appointment since he did not support Jonathan. Before his appointment was confimed those who were searching disapora consulted me (a very important Jonathan's man), I said he is my friend and that I know him personally, they asked me again another question I shied away. Two top PDP heavyweight sat with me here at luncheon in BA. The NIgerian Ambassador organized it so.

Now That Jonathan put him in the highest Academic position in his life, i expected a bit of loyalty to the man who even gave the future of education of his neigbour's children in his hand. He was not loyal, he is already supporting the opponent. I feel it is ethically not correct. One should have a code.

I am even happy I did not take up his offer, I would have ended fighting with him when I see SSS cleaning his shoes for him becuase though I am poor but I have dignity and believe all mankind must be treated with dignity.

I chose to be here and remain poor than the splendour of the corrupt academia in Nigeria.

Otitigbe.

Afis Deinde

May 1, 2016, 5:47:46 PM5/1/16
to africanw...@googlegroups.com
"The problem I have with Mobolaji is that I pleaded with him to support Jonathan when he was running for President the first time, Mobolaji preffered El Rufai, but when Jonathan won, and started new Universities, Mobolaji was handpicked to be VC of Otuoke, he did not have the highness to reject the appointment since he did not support Jonathan."........Otitigbe.

This is a Buffoon Talk.
Only people who voted for a candidate supposed to work in the government.
And this guy lives in a civilized nation for donkey years.
Just sleepwalking learned Zipo.
Buffoon forever!

Afis
“Just as a solid rock is not shaken by the storm, even so the wise are not affected by praise or blame.” — Dhamapada, verse 81.

Sent from my iPhone

Joseph Onuorah

May 1, 2016, 5:50:32 PM5/1/16
to Chris Ukachukwu, abiodun KOMOLAFE, Nelson Ekujumi ekujuminel@yahoo.com [NIgerianWorldForum], NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, africanw...@googlegroups.com, naijao...@yahoogroups.com, 'Peter Claver Oparah' via OkonkwoNetworks, dandal...@yahoogroups.com, Nigeriansncanada, AbujaNig, talkn...@yahoogroups.com, No Guideline In Free for All, Ibibio Nation, Ekitipanupo, AfricanWorldForum, yana...@yahoogroups.com, Akwa Ibom Politics, Edo Global, olaka...@aol.com, Naija Elections, Egbe, Yoruba NATION, Yorubas-Community E-Group, niger...@yahoogroups.com, naijaintellects, OmoOdua
Chris Ukachukwu:

Do I need to explain to you the danger inherent in treating every case as same? Are you sure you are really irked by my statement below or by the fact that I challenge the ugly status quo that has made my life, your life and lives of others somewhat unfulfilling regardless of personal acquisitions. Does what I stated below not happen? My friend go find the source of your anger and bitterness and manage them. Alternatively learn how to delete!
By the way, What have the men (in particular) in these villages done while their families are being killed needlessly? Sure, the police and other authorities should protect the people but where such has not happened for "over a year", would it not make sense for the men in these villages to go after the attackers versus hiding and waiting for some God to come save them! Look, you can get irked all you want but until people like you get out of your myopic view of the world, not much would change. How can men sit in their lazy asses while their homes are being attacked.
My friend, there are times when complaint yields nothing. African men are so cowardly that they would hide while their wives and children are being attacked even in their homes. They cling to useless and worthless life waiting for God and heavens to come fight for them. This is what happens during the slavery: one or two men would go around capturing African children while their parents hid and pray to heavens! (I.e. Those they did not sell themselves!)
Unless I am missing something here, I still do not understand how
outsiders (not army or groups like that) would enter villages for "over a year" (per your statement) and ravage the village. Yes I have rights to question if every killing is as we are being told. If you cannot do so, then you need to remove the cloud over your eyes so as to read and see, over your ears so as to hear and definitely over your brain so as to comprehend! By the way, what have your representatives, governors, etc done regarding these killings? They are waiting for whom to protect their people? Once, one can understand. But for week? For a month? And you said for a year?
Again, get it: it does matter to investigate every case of killing (even if the method appears same!) to avoid lumping them all in same category. Now go one and attack me! We are so good at attacking each other instead of attacking "the enemy". No wonder we remain stagnant and wallow in hatred and bitterness. I refuse to join!
Joe

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Sunday, May 1, 2016, 3:48 PM, Chris Ukachukwu <c_uka...@yahoo.com> wrote:

The reason I'm irked by characters Joseph Onuorah is that I have a very low tolerance threshold for bull crap. Villages have been under attack for over a year now. If the Presidency knew it, it's hard to tell from their in/action. These are fellow Nigerians being murdered by whoever they may be in their locale while they are going about their own business. The body count is in thousands now. The president is finally getting to unlock his dentition and utter some sound.

Does it matter if this is the work of a serial murdering gang, the DSS, a foreign invading army or some cowpokes? Nigerians are being slaughtered in their homes and no one has as much as made the citizens of the country feel valued or protected.

Even the elder statesman Chief Olu Falae was kidnapped and held for ransom. What the outrage and over-reaction on whether the Cardinal was attacked by herdsmen or some opportunistic armed robbers? What's the difference to the families that got razed in the past week? Why are Nigerians disingenuous by nature?

The greater outrage ought to be that ordinary Nigerians (by that I mean people without name recognition or access to oil money) are being dispensed in less ceremonial ways than contraband imported frozen chicken without a peep from their so-called leadership. Now citizens are left to play detective and sort out the AK-47 totting cow herders from the murder/kidnap squad. And some of you are expert detectives already. Some are judge and jury deciding who complains too much and so forth. Let your family get caught up in this, then I'll like to hear your opinion. For now, shut it!

C. Ukachukwu
"More relevant however is that I have always found it despicable conduct when an elected individual diverts the resources of the people over whom he presides to carving out for himself a sinecure. Self-service should not be read in the vocabulary of anyone fortunate enough to be called to serve his or her people."
-- Professor Wole Soyinka

On Saturday, April 30, 2016, 6:50 PM, Nelson Ekujumi ekuju...@yahoo.com [NIgerianWorldForum] <NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
[...]

Chika Onyeani

May 1, 2016, 6:19:23 PM5/1/16
to africanw...@googlegroups.com

Joseph Onuorah

May 1, 2016, 7:03:58 PM5/1/16
to abiodun KOMOLAFE, Nelson Ekujumi ekujuminel@yahoo.com [NIgerianWorldForum], 'Chris Ukachukwu' via OkonkwoNetworks, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, africanw...@googlegroups.com, naijao...@yahoogroups.com, 'Peter Claver Oparah' via OkonkwoNetworks, dandal...@yahoogroups.com, Nigeriansncanada, AbujaNig, talkn...@yahoogroups.com, No Guideline In Free for All, Ibibio Nation, Ekitipanupo, AfricanWorldForum, yana...@yahoogroups.com, Akwa Ibom Politics, Edo Global, olaka...@aol.com, Naija Elections, Egbe, Yoruba NATION, Yorubas-Community E-Group, niger...@yahoogroups.com, naijaintellects, OmoOdua
Read what I wrote again and tell us where I stated that the victims are lazy! Typical: you incite and invite resentment in others and relish on the unfortunate outcome that follows such. For your information, current generation is averse to such sneaky and defaming behavior for they know such contributed to the subjugated state of our society.
Yes, come to my home with AK-47 and I would fight you with a stick, a hand or whatever I could get hand on. You would probably kill me but dying while fighting, I felt little or no pain! I assure you, I would not sit, watch, pray and complain while you kill my family! Unlike you, I would not ever enjoy life thereafter! Brave people usually do not that is why they fight instead of whining and complaining. They answer the door bells of their homes, they do not send their children or wives to go do so while they hide! I bet Africa would be a better place today if the children had watched as their forebears fought and died instead of watching them ran and hide. Ever wondered why the Jews are so committed and successful: they watched as their parents were killed. Such motivates them. It does. They learned how their parents tried to save them by accepting death upon them versus upon their children. Such leads to appreciation and commitment to the phrase: "never again". Such stories of valor is rare from where you and I came from and sadly not much has changed. We just sit and pray to heavens to come. They are on the way! Go sleep eat and sleep man!
Joe

On Sunday, May 1, 2016, 5:34 PM, 'Chris Ukachukwu' via OkonkwoNetworks <okonkwo...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

From the comfort of your keyboard you have already judged those victims as "lazy asses". When a gang descends upon you with AK-47s (when your government has refused you the right to own and carry even a simple crude rifle) how do you assert your lazy ass?

You don't like being called out (you whine that someone is trying to silence you) but every time you open your mouth only silliness pours out. Show some respect, Mr. man.

The rest of your drivel is just a bait for me to continue a completely useless exercise.

Have your fun. I've said my piece.

Mobolaji Aluko

May 1, 2016, 7:54:38 PM5/1/16
to africanw...@googlegroups.com

Afis:

Real buffoon talk for Otitigbe....

Please come with me....

(1)  President Jonathan (having substantively taken over from the expired Yar'Adua) ran for the presidency on his own electoral steam in April 2011....in fact April 16, 2011.  There is ABSOLUTELY no record of me supporting el-Rufai - or any candidate.  In fact, I don't even know how el-Rufai came into this particular picture - was he a candidate at all?  [I know that Ribadu and el-Rufai had said they were somehow initially favored by Obasanjo over Yar'Adu in 2007.]   I merely made commentaries on the election process, and was in no position to endorse any one for that particular election.  But even if I supported el-Rufai, was that not my constitutional right to support someone different from Otitigbe?

(2) I was recommended for VCship in November 2010, and announced for the VCship by President Jonathan in February 2011 - two months before the 2011 election.  So how can Otitigbe write that:

QUOTE

The problem I have with Mobolaji is that I pleaded with him to support Jonathan when he was running for President the first time, Mobolaji preffered El Rufai, but when Jonathan won, and started new Universities, Mobolaji was handpicked to be VC of Otuoke, he did not have the highness to reject the appointment since he did not support Jonathan. Before his appointment was confimed those who were searching disapora consulted me (a very important Jonathan's man)

UNQUOTE

Can you notice a warping of time in his write-up? Not only was el-Rufai NOT a contending candidate, not only had GEJ announced the new universities BEFORE the elections, I had been chosen/announced as VC even BEFORE Jonathan won the said election, so there was NO ISSUE to "reject the the appointment since (I) did not support Jonathan."

There you have it....let Pinocchio take over.

Bolaji Aluko
Shaking his head

Afis Deinde

May 2, 2016, 4:04:16 AM5/2/16
to africanw...@googlegroups.com
Good morning sir:
Otitigbe, the likes of Joe Attueyi, KC Asagwara, and company just love to tango with you for only God knows why, but we the very "neutral ones" and "nosey bystanders" (Godfather 1) can all just guess why these lies and animosities against a fellow Nigerian.
I have clipped the wings of their Dibia, if he rear his Okija head again, his butt remains mine!

For KC Asagwara and his Tribal Troop it is obvious, na jealousy full of bad belle.
Those who came to visit Otuoke, I bet they did not come mostly out of friendship, but mostly to "I-Spy" like Bill Cosby and Robert Culp in the 1965 TV series.
image1.JPG

Funny guys!
I laff any time KC says "I wish Dr Aluko well, he deserved it". Translation for Fela grammar: "I am waiting for him to fail, then we the Mumuigbos will nail him!"
image2.PNG
We the "Nosey Bystanders", as we tell the driver in the Godfather I, to "leave the gun, take the cannoli".......so we say about your successful sojourn into that jungle "Thanks to Olodumare".

PS: for the none Godfather the movie buffs, Peter Clemenza is the tough guy in the mafia Trilogy.
In the first Godfather, his words gain fame.
Like "Nosey bystanders", and "Leave the gun, take the cannoli".
Loved them movies!

Afis Deinde