Re: THE ABUJA MINISTERIAL BLUES - by Dele Momodu

Mobolaji Aluko

Oct 4, 2015, 3:14:11 AM10/4/15
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, Ra'ayi Riga, USAAfrica Dialogue, naijaintellects, niger...@yahoogroups.com, NiDAN

My People:

I fully believe Dele Momodu on this "ministerial desperation" display  by people other than the alleged nominee - my respect for him increases for the bravery to write this piece at this particular time.  Unless you have not been mentioned even in a passing manner, you won't understand how really it is plain ridiculous what "ministerial appointment" appears to mean to the average Nigerian: an avenue to co-chop, a sort of "arrival".  I can show you my own SMS of people who have "dreamt" of my elevation to Abuja, and their "bookings" to join me there to assist me! :-)

I believe that that is part of the reason why Buhati has taken his time, first to de-mystify ministerial positions - which are merely supervisory, not executive, albeit necessary  - and secondly to weed out those who indeed show (too much) desperation by pestering/lobbying him, directly or through proxies.  I have never quite understood how you lobby for "minister", except you are also lobbying for the "minister for..." - suppose you are given "for women affairs" or "for culture" for which are not really qualified?  Matching "state" (for political expediency) and technical position must be dicey for a President bent on the most efficient Cabinet, especially one who has not even settled on all the ministries, and who wants the best mix of politicians, technocrats and bureaucrats.

As I guessed before, PMB's first list of ministers was sent in to the Senate at 4.56 pm on Sept. 30.  If he could, he would have sent it on Sept 31.  Here is a warning: Let those who will be PMB's ministers brace up:  they have work to do, and it won't be business as usual.  And let those who will - and must - join them there also brace up.....they may end up in jail quicker than they think if it is to chop in a finger-licking manner.

But all of them will write their names in gold if they can assist him in beginning to turn this country around within the next three-and-a-half years.  Is that not what true service is about, rather than being arrested all over the place and vilified?

And there you have it.

Bolaji Aluko

THE ABUJA MINISTERIAL BLUES

Font Size: a / A

dele-momodu-backpage-Real.jpg - dele-momodu-backpage-Real.jpg

PENDULUM BY DELE MOMODU,                    Email: dele....@thisdaylive.com

Fellow Nigerians, the story you are about to read is the stuff of fiction. Or better put, it is like a play or movie. One title that readily comes to mind is that beautiful stage-play, ‘A Play of Giants’, by foremost playwright, Wole Soyinka. It is an incredible tale of power in Africa’s biggest nation, Nigeria.

Let me start it like this. I departed Ghana for Dubai the very day General Muhmmadu Buhari was declared winner of the last Presidential election in Nigeria. As soon as I landed in Dubai, I received countless messages of congratulations which must have been hanging whilst I was in the skies. Some of the senders asked if I was in Abuja in order to come celebrate with me. But I was far from Nigeria and told them so. For me the mission was already accomplished and it was time to take a bow. I was not a member of APC but merely a volunteer and sympathiser.

I couldn’t ever believe that my response did not go down well with some people. Unknown to me, they had banked on riding me as their donkey to the corridors of power in Abuja. They were so sure I could get whatever I wanted from the incoming government. All explanations to the contrary from me fell on deaf ears. They were convinced I was just being pretentious and didn’t want to be of help. The more charitable ones did not stress me much but pleaded with me to remember them in my forthcoming paradise. I shook my head in utter incredulity. Of course, I did not go near Abuja for about two months thereafter although I continued to be pestered from far and near by supposed well-wishers.

On my return to Nigeria from one of my trips a couple of months after the swearing in of President Buhari and the Vice President Professor Yemi Osinbajo SAN, I received a delegation of friends who I thought were just on a casual visit. After having a few drinks, one of them stood up to start a conversation: “Bob Dee, we have come to offer you some wise counsel. We want you to stop being foolish. You’ve paid your dues and deserve something tangible in this new government…”

If I thought he was just pulling my legs and being melodramatic, he soon overreached himself and did what I least expected! He suddenly went on his knees and started begging me like a penitent school kid: “Please, listen to us. Even if you are not interested, please do so for our sake. If we have you in government, it means we are there too. ..”

Then, he compounded the unexpected act, by diving flat on the floor in some grotesque form of prostration. I looked at the gentleman with great concern and anxiety as I wondered if he had suffered a bout of epilepsy. But he appeared normal and stable and revved into what seemed a monologue as I was too tongue-tied to respond: “See the way I’m lying flat, that is what I want you to do when you go to the Governor of your State, Adams Oshiomole. You will grab his leg and tell him you have come to solicit his help for a Ministerial appointment in Buhari’s cabinet. Please, don’t go empty handed o; not necessarily cash, just buy like a few cartons of champagnes. If his Madam is around, make sure you bend almost double when greeting her, lest you’re accused of arrogance!..”

I remained funereally silent. My friend was not done yet. He continued to soliloquise: “When you leave Oshiomhole, go quickly to see your man, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola in the State of Osun because you never know who God may use to make this dream a reality. Remember to repeat the same prostration when you get to Osogbo. Since Alhaji does not like alcohol, you may have to carry bundles of white fabric along. “ I could see that that the self-appointed consultant had it all worked out already and in effortless detail.

I was too stunned and speechless. He stood up without my prompting him. “Those two Governors are very important since your dad came from Edo and your mum from Osun. Now to cap it up, go and see Asiwaju Bola Tinubu. He is your man from way back in your exile days. Please, kneel down and again hold his legs and tell him he is the only one who can make this happen… If possible roll on the floor for maximum effect…” Wow”, I thought internally, “the extent to which one should go to bag a government appointment is amazingly extraordinary”!

I cleared my throat. He had spoken enough and given me ample time to fashion my response. I thanked him for caring so much. I assured him as much as I would want to serve my nation as a patriotic citizen, I know the process a bit. Beyond that, all the three influential people he wanted me to meet and cajole are not people who expect me to crawl to get anything from them. They know I have more self-respect than that and I would lower myself in their estimation if I behaved contrary to character and did a quarter of what he had suggested. I pointed out that “Governor Oshiomole is my big Brother who has shown me love over time. The last time we saw in Zambia, he said he would flog me literally if I don’t visit home soon. He even wants me to launch some of his pet projects across the State because he sees me as an Ambassador of Edo State”, I started my own sermon.

“The Constitution of Nigeria stipulates that The President must pick one Minister per State. Fairly, I expect the Governors, especially in APC States to have party members they want to put forward as Ministers. In fact, I don’t know how the President would honestly handle some States where there are too many heavyweights. A good example is Ekiti State where there is a long queue of accomplished citizens including three former Governors, Niyi Adebayo, Segun Oni and Kayode Fayemi plus Mr Dele Alake and Mr Femi Falana (SAN). There is also Lagos State, where the revered national leader, Chief Bola Ahmed Tinubu is expected to determine who gets what on account of his humongous contributions to APC. Lagos parades former Governor Babatunde Fashola, Rt. Hon. Adeyemi Ikuforiji, Senator Tokunbo Afikuyomi, Senator Olorunnimbe Mamora, Senator Ganiyu Solomon, Princess Adenrele Adeniran-Ogunsanya, Hon. (Mrs) Abike Dabiri-Erewa, Dr Muiz Banire (SAN), Hon. Jumoke Okoya-Thomas, Chief (Mrs) Kemi Nelson and others who worked assiduously for the monumental success of APC at both local and national levels.”

I continued by telling my audience that “virtually all the States have similar challenges. I won’t be surprised if this is the main reason it has not been easy to complete this selection even now. As much as the President would want to appear totally independent, it is pertinent that he does not act like he’s not grateful to some of his big supporters like some former Presidents, Vice Presidents, Lt. General T.Y Danjuma, Governors, former Governors and heavy funders of the campaign.“

Thank God, my friends listened with rapt attention. It is at times like this that I miss the wise and sagacious head of my friend, Prince Adedamola Aderemi at that meeting.  He would have politely stepped in and succinctly straightened everybody out. Fortunately, my friends seemed to realise I was making sense but they still didn’t see why I shouldn’t fight for it as others do, for whatever it is worth. I was not going to add to the existing headache, and tell them I would refrain from acting on their laid down strategy, so I said I was going to try. We departed on that note and I simply carried on with my usual routine.

I don’t know how my name crawled into one of the rumoured Ministerial lists but that was the beginning of proper wahala. My phones kept ringing off the hook from then. My wife was not spared. I received cvs in droves. Many appointed themselves as my Special Assistants or Personal Assistants. Many of them I didn’t know from anywhere. A few friends living abroad told me pointedly that they will return home pronto and work for me. Everywhere I turned I was being congratulated. No one listened to my denials. Even as I write this, my well-wishers have not given up. They told me they are praying and fasting. Someone called me yesterday and said he heard I was in Abuja for my screening. I responded that may be the screening is in London where I’m trying to convalesce at this moment.

In my entire life, I’ve never experienced this type of suffocating pressure. While I feel very flattered by all the sensation this has caused, I can confirm I now know why men of power can hardly perform unless they managed to dodge most of these strident calls and considered wicked. There is nothing I have said that makes any sense to the callers. I’ve been told to be positive and live by faith. Yes I’m a believer in God but I’m also a man who believes in Destiny. What is more, service to one’s fatherland should never be an act of desperation. In the fullness of time, you would be called upon if needed. And there is so much you can do for your country outside power.

I sincerely do not envy the President. If what I have gone through in my little corner is anything to go by, President Buhari definitely needs our prayers. I will encourage him to conclude picking his cabinet and move on. No matter what he does, it is impossible to please everyone. He is already doing fine and should tune up the tempo. May God guide and help him achieve his tall dreams for Nigeria.

Amin.

Sent from my iPhone

Visit this

Paul Oranika

Oct 4, 2015, 4:05:31 AM10/4/15
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, Ra'ayi Riga, USAAfrica Dialogue, naijaintellects, niger...@yahoogroups.com, NiDAN, Truth As My Weapon, Nmenme Ndiigbo, Paul Oranika' via CISANDIIGBOCONVENTIONCOMMITTEE, Ama Ndiigbo
"I believe that that is part of the reason why Buhati has taken his time, first to de-mystify ministerial positions - which are merely supervisory, not executive, albeit necessary  - and secondly to weed out those who indeed show (too much) desperation by pestering/lobbying him, directly or through proxies.  I have never quite understood how you lobby for "minister", except you are also lobbying for the "minister for..." - suppose you are given "for women affairs" or "for culture" for which are not really qualified?  Matching "state" (for political expediency) and technical position must be dicey for a President bent on the most efficient Cabinet, especially one who has not even settled on all the ministries, and who wants the best mix of politicians, technocrats and bureaucrats."-Bolaji Aluko

Prof. Bolaji Aluko

What you wrote here is simply justifying Buhari administration's inability to get his government and cabinet together. What you did here simply amounts to justification and glorification of mediocrity. As a member of the academia, you know the damages that President Buhari's inability to get his government up and running is causing Nigeria. Nigeria is facing worsening economic retrogression and mounting fiscal and budgetary crisis because of the inability of Buhari to formulate his economic plan and agenda for Nigeria since March since he won the election (about 7 months ago).
To now try to rationalize this obvious administrative failure and trying to convince us that your conjectured reasons are indeed deliberate and orchestrated action plan embarked upon by the president is indeed very misleading and deceitful.
In the end the ministers Buhari nominated will be no different from past ministers Nigeria has had in the past. The only new variable here may be  a possible change in political climate and circumstance under which the new ministers may operate in. But I take no credit away from Buhari if indeed the new ministers become more careful in accounting for the federal appropriations made to their ministries it may be viewed as a net positive step. But my dear Bolaji  please don't try to convince us that this obvious administrative deficiency of the current administration is indeed a well thought out and practically a mapped out strategy and modus operandi. It is not my friend. But again few less sophisticated analysts who read you here may be tempted to accept your wrong hypothesis.

Those are my views, yours always welcome
Okechukwu P. Oranika

Chika Onyeani

Oct 4, 2015, 11:58:55 AM10/4/15
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, Ra'ayi Riga, USAAfrica Dialogue, naijaintellects, niger...@yahoogroups.com, NiDAN
Bolaji,

I couldn't conceive of a more cynical way of two people asking to be appointed to ministerial posts.  Why do you and Dele Momodou hash this plot of being inundated by people who want you to be appointed ministers?  For you, some people on this forum have wished that you be appointed a minister, albeit with tongue-in-cheek.  Are you counting them as those pestering you?

As for Dele Momodou, he made sure that everybody was aware of the day he met with Buhari, that all the newspapers carried his photo showing him shaking hands with the mighty Buhari.

There you have it, a la Bolaji Aluko!

Dr. Chika Onyeani
Publisher/Editor-in-Chief
African Sun Times
Email: cony...@africansuntimes.com
Tel.: 973-675-9919
Cell: 917-279-4038

Author: The Phenomenally Successful No.1 Bestselling Book, "Capitalist Nigger - The Road to Success", and his New Book "Roar of the African Lion."

Paul Oranika

Oct 4, 2015, 12:38:00 PM10/4/15
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, Ra'ayi Riga, USAAfrica Dialogue, naijaintellects, niger...@yahoogroups.com, NiDAN
Dr. Onyeani

You read through Bolaji's mind very correctly in my view he comes across as sending subliminal message advertising an interest in a ministerial position. To this end, VC Bolaji will under no circumstance criticize President Buhari's actions no matter what he does or fails to do. If you have read anything from Bolaji critical of Buhari in any way please publish it because I may have missed it. I remember when Bolaji jumped on me because of my perception that Boko Haram has been relatively quiet for some time following Buhari's election victory. The same thing happened when Soludo all of a sudden ended his self imposed political exile (Hahahaha) and swung into action to discredit Buhari's opponents, I concluded right then that this is an action that is aimed to give him a ministerial appointment advantage. Don't be surprised if Soludo's name shows up on the list. Perhaps the best example of similar actions was when Obasanjo tore his PDP membership card before the national media (Hahahaha) Obasanjo is now Buhari's roving Diplomatic ambassador. What a nation of clowns!

Those are my views, yours always welcome!
Okechukwu P. Oranika

afis 'Deinde

Oct 4, 2015, 12:51:15 PM10/4/15
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, Odua, NaijaNews, NaijaNews, yahoogroups, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, Ra'ayi Riga, USAAfrica Dialogue, naijaintellects, niger...@yahoogroups.com, NiDAN
Our people mostly are shameless when it comes to begging for favors from appointed ministers and commissioners. Even if you know the houseboy of a govt official, you are now hot cake!
Unnecessary begging as we dey call am for area.

I once went to Naija during Gbenga Daniel's misrule.
Unfortunately I "misspoke" and said in passing that on my trip to Abeokuta, I would visit the speaker of the Ogun House, as a woman I was proud of her, just to congratulate her and to wish her success. Nothing more nothing less.
I knew her from her Jersey days.
Well, my relatives brought out Housing forms for me to present on their behalf to the Speaker. Daniel was promoting some housing project for citizens, so they wanted their application forms to Tawonyo".
I could not do it, I just couldn't look her in the eye and place her in that burdensome position.
I know that's Naija way, but I am not a Nigerian.

We place too much pressure on those elected, and if they do they are damned, if they don't do they are equally damned.
These people are elected to do some work which does not include doling out funds to individuals or giving out posts to undesirables.
Leave them alone, let them work for the whole country, not a few. Let them create social amenities for all, healthcare and parks where one can walk his dog in peace.
Nah, Nigerians want raw cash and free posts they don't deserve.

By the way, since I turned them down some really pissed off relatives wouldn't accept my lecture on how services for the people is beneficial.  They look at me like I was crazy, then remembered I had stayed "too long" in Obodo Oyinbo.
They laughed at such mad thoughts coming from Ilu Oyinbo man, while they thought I was "chopping" alone.
It doesn't matter if I rarely visit Nigeria nowadays, that just cemented their belief that I was always secretly home to take my "share".

Dele Momodu says: "For me the mission was already accomplished and it was time to take a bow. I was not a member of APC but merely a volunteer and sympathiser."
That's the point. You don't need to be APC to know that GEJ was bad for progress.
It is hard for many Nigerians to believe there are some Humans out there who want nothing from the government, than for such govt to "do right by" its people.
Just do right by your Black people, that's all we ask for.
What a people!
What a Kauntry!!

Shikena
Afis
“Just as a solid rock is not shaken by the storm, even so the wise are not affected by praise or blame.” — Dhamapada, verse 81.

Sent from my iPhone

Joe Attueyi

Oct 4, 2015, 1:28:54 PM10/4/15
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, Odua, NaijaNews, NaijaNews, yahoogroups, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, Ra'ayi Riga, USAAfrica Dialogue, naijaintellects, niger...@yahoogroups.com, NiDAN, delem...@thisdayonline.com, ALUKO Mobolaji, Naija...@googlegroups.com, Bring Your Baseball Bat
In actual fact , back in our secondary school days we would call what MOMODU and Prof ALUKO are doing:

Notice me

Joe
Sent from my iPhone

afis 'Deinde

Oct 4, 2015, 1:42:24 PM10/4/15
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, Odua, NaijaNews, NaijaNews, yahoogroups, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, Ra'ayi Riga, USAAfrica Dialogue, naijaintellects, niger...@yahoogroups.com, NiDAN, delem...@thisdayonline.com, ALUKO Mobolaji, Naija...@googlegroups.com, Bring Your Baseball Bat
You guys must be really dense during your school days, Pastor Joe. If you choose a cyber forum where Buhari does not subscribe to, to tell him to "notice me", it shows una no get sense at all.
In case of Dr Aluko, won't he have more leverage if he talks to the Governor of five states, Asiwaju Tinubu, ex-Governors from Yoruba states, instead of wasting his time jawing with Joe Attueyi who's of no weight and of no reckon in today's government?
"Notice me" needs common sense too.

Shikena
Afis
“Just as a solid rock is not shaken by the storm, even so the wise are not affected by praise or blame.” — Dhamapada, verse 81.

Sent from my iPhone

Ola Kassim

Oct 4, 2015, 2:08:33 PM10/4/15
to naija...@googlegroups.com, africanw...@googlegroups.com, Odua, NaijaNews, NaijaNews, yahoogroups, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, Ra'ayi Riga, USAAfrica Dialogue, naijaintellects, niger...@yahoogroups.com, NiDAN, delem...@thisdayonline.com, ALUKO Mobolaji, Bring Your Baseball Bat
PastorJoe:

But wouldn't it be a little bit too late
for the

 'Notice Me' acts

you are accusing Dele and Bolaji of staging to be effective
considering the list has already been compiled, cross checked with the SSS and the EFCC to ensure that the nominees passed the smell test and delivered to the President of the Senate?

If one has not been noticed before Sep 30, how would an account of being pressurized by one's friends, relatives to lobby for a ministerial position be helpful in securing such a position?

Bye,

Ola

Sent from my iPhone
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "NaijaEvent" group.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/naijaevent.

Yeye Rolling

Oct 4, 2015, 2:43:42 PM10/4/15
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, naija...@googlegroups.com, Odua, NaijaNews, NaijaNews, yahoogroups, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, Ra'ayi Riga, USAAfrica Dialogue, naijaintellects, niger...@yahoogroups.com, NiDAN, delem...@thisdayonline.com, ALUKO Mobolaji, Bring Your Baseball Bat
Kassim:
Have you refunded  people for the Abuja Land fraud ?

Oct 4, 2015, 2:49:33 PM10/4/15
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, naija...@googlegroups.com, Odua, NaijaNews, NaijaNews, yahoogroups, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, Ra'ayi Riga, USAAfrica Dialogue, naijaintellects, niger...@yahoogroups.com, NiDAN, delem...@thisdayonline.com, ALUKO Mobolaji, Bring Your Baseball Bat
Dr Kassim
1) A day is a long time in politics

2) that only 21 names have been sent to the senate means that anything can still happen

3) there is no guarantee that the names on the current list will all be approved by the senate. Refer to #1

4) As Prof Aluko keeps reminding us PMB has '6,000 positions to fill'. You know what they say---shoot for the moon, if you miss you may land the stars

And there you have it!

Joe
Having himself an Aluko type belly laugh

Sent from my iPhone

Otitigbe Obadiah Oghoerore Alegbe PhD

Oct 4, 2015, 3:26:07 PM10/4/15
to africanw...@googlegroups.com
Don't mind him. A land others will need is given to him who refuses to use it. That is corruption.
Otitigbe.

Mobolaji Aluko

Oct 4, 2015, 5:17:10 PM10/4/15
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, Cony...@africansuntimes.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, Ra'ayi Riga, USAAfrica Dialogue, naijaintellects, niger...@yahoogroups.com, NiDAN
Ogbuefi Chika Onyeani:

You are a complete disappointment in what you wrote below, and you should be ashamed of yourself.  I am very sorry to say so, because you and I go back long ways.

Here you are, just two days ago, you were pestering me with a phone call all the way from New York, imploring me to get an interview audience with a former Head of State, which I promised to do if you could write write out precisely why, because I could not imagine  just telling him that one Chika Onyeani wants to talk to him.  Deny it, and all respect that I have for you will disappear.  Confirm it, and there is yet hope for you with me.

Let the reader now imagine what you would do if I was chosen a minister tomorrow.

Moving on....

I will not much dignify your ilk - yourself, Toyin Adepoju, Joe Attueyi, Paul Oranika, to name a few - who claim that I am covertly or overtly angling for a ministerial position.  First, I have a top job as VC of a aged earl University, which is more prestigious, in my mind, than a ministerial position, more independent, and much safer.  Somebody should tell you how Minister Wike once tried to be rude to me, and I reminded him that I was aVC, and he backed down.  Pan other point:  I am continuing as VC now, while one VC colleague who not too long ago relinquished his position to become  Minister has gone with the previous administration and was never able to exorcise  the witches and wizards bedeviling the power sector of the country.  Secondly, unlike some of you, I come from Ekiti State where PMB has equally worthy persons such as Fayemi, Falana, Oni and Adebayo  -to name just a few - to choose from.  Fayemi is a virtual shoo-in, and Falana is not far behind.

But let you and your ilk get it into your heads:  whenever I am truly available, and PMB finds it worthy to offer me a position in his government suited to my capabilities, I will strongly consider it as another national device just as I took the one under GEJ, who I continue to have a good relationship with.  I am confident that PMB is purpose-driven, and he needs as many purpose-driven persons to work with, not cynical naysayers with a pernicious agenda.

And there you have it.

Bolaji Aluko

Yeye Rolling

Oct 4, 2015, 5:20:40 PM10/4/15
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, Cony...@africansuntimes.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, Ra'ayi Riga, USAAfrica Dialogue, naijaintellects, niger...@yahoogroups.com, NiDAN
Professor:

Are you by chance  tribal-ly linked with Kola Aluko ?

Ayo Ojutalayo

Oct 4, 2015, 5:38:24 PM10/4/15
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, Cony...@africansuntimes.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, Naija Politics, omo oodua, Ra'ayi Riga, USAAfrica Dialogue, naijaintellects, Nigerian ID, NiDAN
Bolaji,

You could not have made up the story. Indeed, Chika is shameless. It shows in his journalism.

I would not have believed that Chika would need an intermediary to get an interview audience with the former Head of State considering the fact that they (Chika and the HOS) are birds of same feather.

Ayo Ojutalayo

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

From:"Mobolaji Aluko" <alu...@gmail.com>
Date:Sun, Oct 4, 2015 at 5:17 pm

Chika Onyeani

Oct 4, 2015, 5:39:36 PM10/4/15
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, Cony...@africansuntimes.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, raay...@yahoogroups.com, USAAfric...@googlegroups.com, naijain...@googlegroups.com, niger...@yahoogroups.com, nidan...@googlegroups.com
Bolaji,

Yes, I confirm calling you about the possibility of speaking with former President Goodluck Jonathan, which you are now calling pestering you.  Thank you.

Chika Onyeani

Oct 4, 2015, 5:40:39 PM10/4/15
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, Cony...@africansuntimes.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, Ra'ayi Riga, niger...@yahoogroups.com, Naija...@googlegroups.com, Bring Your Baseball Bat
who claim that I am covertly or overtly angling for a ministerial position.

Prof Aluko
No sir. You are NOT ' covertly or overtly angling for a ministerial position'   Like you rightly said Fayemi is way ahead of you along those lines and you are smart enough to know that.

You are covertly AND overtly angling for a position in INEC. Failing which any of the remaining '6,000 positions ' will do nicely. Especially as your term as VC Uniotueke will soon be up

And there is nothing wrong with that by the way.  On competence and capabilities I would support you for any public office in Nigeria. You are someone clearly self driven to make a difference in public service. What irritates is this your 'oga notice me ' tendency since Buhari's election

 I am confident that PMB is purpose-driven

Was GEJ also purpose driven when you accepted appointment under his Govt. or this 'purpose driven' toga belongs to Any Govt In Power?

Inquiring minds want to know

Joe
Having a belly laugh like you know who
Sent from my iPhone

Ola Kassim

Oct 4, 2015, 5:41:23 PM10/4/15
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, naija...@googlegroups.com, Odua, NaijaNews, NaijaNews, yahoogroups, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, Ra'ayi Riga, USAAfrica Dialogue, naijaintellects, niger...@yahoogroups.com, NiDAN, delem...@thisdayonline.com, ALUKO Mobolaji, Bring Your Baseball Bat

Femi WereSanya:

I wouldn't be bothering myself if I really thought you are truly psychotic. You are not that cuckoo.

It is most likely that you have had a lifelong
Affliction with the Tourette syndrome- an affliction that comes with uncontrollable tics some of which make you throw insults at your elders.

If I lived any where near Chicago, I would've  had your local officials in white coats accost you and wrap you in a white cloth but instead of taking you to the local mental asylum, you would have been put in a crate with breathing holes (Umaru Dikko style) and shipped to Nigeria in a temperature controlled compartment of the cargo bay where they keep dogs, monkeys and other pets
on passenger airlines.

 Some well meaning folks might ask why I would bother going through all these wahala?

It is simply because you can only be cured by your own folks in Ijebu Igbo, Ogun state the same folks who out the curse on you.

Meanwhile, keep in fooling around in the Windy City throwing insults in all directions  at any one you like.

Bye

Ila

Sent from my iPhone

msjo...@aol.com

Oct 4, 2015, 5:44:52 PM10/4/15
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com, africanw...@googlegroups.com, Cony...@africansuntimes.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, raay...@yahoogroups.com, USAAfric...@googlegroups.com, naijain...@googlegroups.com, niger...@yahoogroups.com, nidan...@googlegroups.com
Hello the Grand Elder Dr. Chika:

This is what is called: FRENEMY!!!  In any kind of relationship, trust is indispensable.....otherwise, the old saying goes -  with friends like these, who needs an enemy. This is brazenly double-faced.

MsJoe
To Lead You Must be a Servant

Oct 4, 2015, 5:54:35 PM10/4/15
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, Cony...@africansuntimes.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, raay...@yahoogroups.com, USAAfric...@googlegroups.com, naijain...@googlegroups.com, niger...@yahoogroups.com, nidan...@googlegroups.com
Ogbuefi:

Thank you too....you have confirmed my story....I felt pestered, but I don't mind being pestered by you.

So let us quit before it gets uglier, before the caterwauling vultures set in.  But be assured of this:  I am not angling overtly or covertly for a ministerial position.

Have a good week.

Bolaji Aluko

Vin Otuonye

Oct 4, 2015, 6:07:13 PM10/4/15
to africanworld, Cony...@africansuntimes.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, raay...@yahoogroups.com, USAAfric...@googlegroups.com, naijain...@googlegroups.com, niger...@yahoogroups.com, nidan...@googlegroups.com
Bolaji:

I am no caterwauling vulture. Neither am I a fan of Chika Onyeani. Quite honestly,  I don't like his Africa Sun Newspaper. If I were Jonathan, I would never grant any audience with a paper in the mold of African Sun. However,  if one called you once to get an audience with former President Jonathan,  I don't consider that pestering. Also, I see nothing wrong in positioning oneself in Buhari's administration.  The problem I have with you is, you seat on the fence on most issues. You simply refuse to rock the boat.

But as my people will say, Onye na nke ya ( to each his own).

Vin Cool Breeze Otuonye

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

to africanw...@googlegroups.com, Cony...@africansuntimes.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, Ra'ayi Riga, USAAfrica Dialogue, naijaintellects, niger...@yahoogroups.com, NiDAN
Folks,

This is the one aspect of Bolaji Aluko that galls. I remember once when he was pestering Obi Nwakanma to introduce his younger brother who was into some very profitable business to him. Pastor Joe or someone quipped that Obi should pay Bolaji no mind because when you least expect he will roll it out and turn it around to show himself as the victim.

When will Bolaji Aluko grow up?

WS - A revered prince of Mushin.

Sent from my iPad

Wharfery Snake

Oct 4, 2015, 6:17:32 PM10/4/15
to naija...@googlegroups.com, africanw...@googlegroups.com, Odua, NaijaNews, NaijaNews, yahoogroups, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, Ra'ayi Riga, USAAfrica Dialogue, naijaintellects, niger...@yahoogroups.com, NiDAN, delem...@thisdayonline.com, ALUKO Mobolaji, Bring Your Baseball Bat
Ola Kassim,

At what station in life does a man stop using vulgar epitaphs to describe another man?

WS - A revered prince of Mushin.

Sent from my iPad

Mobolaji Aluko

Oct 4, 2015, 6:26:28 PM10/4/15
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, Cony...@africansuntimes.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, Ra'ayi Riga, niger...@yahoogroups.com, NiDAN, naijaintellects, niger...@egroups.com, USAAfrica Dialogue

Joe Attueyi:

About my VC-ship:

Please be informed that i was first offered the VC job by the GEJ administration in November 2010, it was formally announced in February 2011, and GEJ won his election on his own steam in April 2011.  The nine new universities were established on the principles of equity, access, quality, regional focus and need for Diaspora input.  That was pretty purpose-driven enough for me to take the job, and I have not regretted it for one day.  But while I could have - like a colleague did  -  I did not seek to trade the job for another in that administration, nor am I seeking to in this new administration even as my term does draw to a close.

About INEC:

Funny, about three months ago, I was "hinted" about whether I would be interested in the INEC job, and IMMEDITALY I said no, because it would be too restricted for my polymathic interests.  Besides, I have too many political friends to be an INEC head, and if I became one, I would have to cut ties with them.  In any case, if I did take it, Government must be committed to electronic voting and Diaspora voting, otherwise there was no challenge to it.  (I hear that it was a piece of INEC-position de-marketing that led to a Presidency-salary hoopla involving my name :-) )

So you are completely wrong about me angling for an INEC position:  I have already telegraphed that I don't want it - without conditions.

Your inquiring mind now knows...and so many others.

Bolaji Aluko

On Sunday, October 4, 2015, 'Joe Attueyi' via AfricanWorldForum <africanw...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
[...]

Wharfery Snake

Oct 4, 2015, 6:33:42 PM10/4/15
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, Cony...@africansuntimes.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, raay...@yahoogroups.com, USAAfric...@googlegroups.com, naijain...@googlegroups.com, niger...@yahoogroups.com, nidan...@googlegroups.com
Bolaji Aluko is AGIP monger and his ability to besmirch anybody is legendary. There is nothing private in a conversation with the AGIP man.

WS - A revered prince of Mushin.

Sent from my iPad

Oke Osisi " Common Sense, Uncommon Knowledge "

Oct 4, 2015, 6:34:54 PM10/4/15
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, Cony...@africansuntimes.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, Ra'ayi Riga, niger...@yahoogroups.com, NiDAN, naijaintellects, niger...@egroups.com, USAAfrica Dialogue
Who hinted you, and when was this?

Oke Osisi
"Common Sense, Uncommon Knowledge"

Sent on a Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note® 3

From: Mobolaji Aluko <alu...@gmail.com>

Mobolaji Aluko

Oct 4, 2015, 6:38:57 PM10/4/15
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, Cony...@africansuntimes.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, Ra'ayi Riga, naijaintellects, niger...@yahoogroups.com

Canice Onuoha the Swamp Snake of Mushin:

I am sure that you want to me to claim that you are lying.

No, I won't say or write that: that would be tautological.  Lying is your second reptilian nature, and why human beings should always stomp on your head.

And there you have it.

Bolaji Aluko
Having a belly laugh

Oke Osisi " Common Sense, Uncommon Knowledge "

Oct 4, 2015, 6:48:04 PM10/4/15
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, usaafric...@googlegroups.com, Cony...@africansuntimes.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, raay...@yahoogroups.com, USAAfric...@googlegroups.com, naijain...@googlegroups.com, niger...@yahoogroups.com, nidan...@googlegroups.com
Ms. Joe,
You could not have put this any better.  As if you discussed topic with me before writing.  On the other hand, the shame is on Bolaji Aluko, a man of his status being so petty and childish, merely to score a point. Why would such private and friendly discussion be revealed for public consumption.  Grow up man.

Oke Osisi
"Common Sense, Uncommon Knowledge"

Sent on a Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note® 3

This is what is called: FRENEMY!!!  In any kind of relationship, trust is indispensable.....otherwise, the old saying goes -  with friends like these, who needs an enemy. This is brazenly double-faced.

MsJoe
To Lead You Must be a Servant

Oct 4, 2015, 6:50:20 PM10/4/15
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, Cony...@africansuntimes.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, raay...@yahoogroups.com, naijain...@googlegroups.com, niger...@yahoogroups.com

Von Otuonye:

1.  I am relieved that you are not a caterwauling vulture.  You fooled me.

2.  I won't let you get in between the triendsh op of  Ogbuefi Onyeani and I.  I know him -but you, I don't.

3.  I challenge you to state ten issues on which you claim that I sit on a fence, and I will tell you my firm positions on them,  If however you feel that I must accompany my positions with abuses, insults and denunciations to convince you of my firmness, then I will disappoint you.  At my level of schievement and sophistication, I am above that

I am a-waiting.

Bolaji Aluko.

Yeye Rolling

Oct 4, 2015, 6:50:48 PM10/4/15
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, Cony...@africansuntimes.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, Ra'ayi Riga, niger...@yahoogroups.com, NiDAN, naijaintellects, niger...@egroups.com, USAAfrica Dialogue
Professor:

A mention of your name in the same sentence as heading Nigerian elections commission is in my view a setback to Nigeria's democratic growth..   Simply , you're not qualified

If by an act of magic, this were to happen  I will predict a Nigerian election of unprecedented  ballot rigging....   Nigeria would not need election results ,the outcome is predictable fraud.

Thus, only a Nigerian government bent on reversing the gains of democracy will consider you for the position...   Am glad you withdrew.   Understanding your own limitation is prudent

Yeye Rolling

Oct 4, 2015, 6:53:20 PM10/4/15
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, Cony...@africansuntimes.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, raay...@yahoogroups.com, USAAfric...@googlegroups.com, naijain...@googlegroups.com, niger...@yahoogroups.com, nidan...@googlegroups.com

Mobolaji Aluko

Oct 4, 2015, 6:55:13 PM10/4/15
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, Cony...@africansuntimes.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, Ra'ayi Riga, niger...@yahoogroups.com, NiDAN, naijaintellects, niger...@egroups.com, USAAfrica Dialogue

Oke Osisi:

I  would tell you, but I would have to kill you afterwards.  A deal?

Bolaji Aluko

Ayo Ojutalayo

Oct 4, 2015, 6:56:51 PM10/4/15
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, Cony...@africansuntimes.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, Naija Politics, omo oodua, Ra'ayi Riga, USAAfrica Dialogue, naijaintellects, Nigerian ID, NiDAN
Yeye,

Since you are Yoruba, you are tribal-ly linked to Kola Aluko, are you not?

From:"'Yeye Rolling' via AfricanWorldForum" <africanw...@googlegroups.com>
Date:Sun, Oct 4, 2015 at 5:30 pm

Yeye Rolling

Oct 4, 2015, 6:59:08 PM10/4/15
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, naija...@googlegroups.com, Odua, NaijaNews, NaijaNews, yahoogroups, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, Ra'ayi Riga, USAAfrica Dialogue, naijaintellects, niger...@yahoogroups.com, NiDAN, delem...@thisdayonline.com, ALUKO Mobolaji, Bring Your Baseball Bat
That was actually funny!    But you dodged the question.  So am going to repeat.......Did you refund monies you took for Abuja land or not ?   Just answer the question

From: 'Ola Kassim' via AfricanWorldForum <africanw...@googlegroups.com>

Yeye Rolling

Oct 4, 2015, 7:01:38 PM10/4/15
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, Cony...@africansuntimes.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, Naija Politics, omo oodua, Ra'ayi Riga, USAAfrica Dialogue, naijaintellects, Nigerian ID, NiDAN
No..   I have filed application with the Ibos to change my tribe

Oct 4, 2015, 7:02:55 PM10/4/15
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, Cony...@africansuntimes.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, Ra'ayi Riga, niger...@yahoogroups.com, NiDAN, naijaintellects, niger...@egroups.com, USAAfrica Dialogue

Joseph Igietseme

Oct 4, 2015, 7:11:21 PM10/4/15
to African GM, OKONKWO...@googlegroups.com, edo_g...@yahoogroups.com, naijao...@yahoogroups.com, <naijaevent@googlegroups.com>, FORUM IGBO WORLD FORUM IGBO WORLD, igboe...@yahoogroups.com, Odua, Cony...@africansuntimes.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, Ra'ayi Riga, niger...@yahoogroups.com, NiDAN, naijaintellects, niger...@egroups.com, USAAfrica Dialogue
""About INEC: Funny, about three months ago, I was "hinted" about whether I would be interested in the INEC job, and IMMEDITALY I said no, because it would be too restricted for my polymathic interests.  Besides, I have too many political friends to be an INEC head, and if I became one, I would have to cut ties with them.  In any case, if I did take it, Government must be committed to electronic voting and Diaspora voting, otherwise there was no challenge to it.  (I hear that it was a piece of INEC-position de-marketing that led to a Presidency-salary hoopla involving my name :-) ).. So you are completely wrong about me angling for an INEC position:  I have already telegraphed that I don't want it - without conditions.."".....Unquote VC Bolaji Aluko!

It's usually amazing how folks like to blackmail people with all sorts of imagined and fantasized insinuations, job/professional reporting threats, family threats, put-downs, outright lies and mendacities etc, just as the Nebulous Nebu Adiele and others do often when you say what they dont like or part ways with their biases and bigoted outlooks!

Perhaps the relevant question is: how could somebody(ies) concoct the INEC job allegation that VC Bolaji clarified in the above excerpt? Again I ask, how do some of us sleep with these insinuations, innuendoes and campaign of calumny waged against other human beings? What vested interests would warrant these innuendoes? Na wa o! JUI [shaking his head like VC-B!]
​----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Ayo Ojutalayo

Oct 4, 2015, 7:12:49 PM10/4/15
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, omo oodua, NaijaNews, Naija Politics, yahoogroups, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, Ra'ayi Riga, USAAfrica Dialogue, naijaintellects, Nigerian ID, NiDAN, delem...@thisdayonline.com, ALUKO Mobolaji, Naija...@googlegroups.com, naijaobserver
Joe,

Dele Momodu, yes, but not Bolaji. Bolaji has not done anything different from the Bolaji we had always known. For full disclosure, Dele Momodu is my aburo of Ife town connection. His support for Buhari when Buhari's success at the presidential election was almost certain was "Notice me". The same with his visit to PMB.

From:"'Joe Attueyi' via AfricanWorldForum" <africanw...@googlegroups.com>
Date:Sun, Oct 4, 2015 at 1:28 pm

Chika Onyeani

Oct 4, 2015, 7:16:24 PM10/4/15
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, Cony...@africansuntimes.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, raay...@yahoogroups.com, USAAfric...@googlegroups.com, naijain...@googlegroups.com, niger...@yahoogroups.com, nidan...@googlegroups.com
Bolaji,

Remember now that it was 8 days ago I was pestering you, not two days ago.  Let's keep our records straight.  Thanks.

Chika Onyeani

Yeye Rolling

Oct 4, 2015, 7:17:11 PM10/4/15
to NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, africanw...@googlegroups.com, Cony...@africansuntimes.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, Ra'ayi Riga, niger...@yahoogroups.com, Naija...@googlegroups.com, Bring Your Baseball Bat
Joe:

On what basis do you assume that he is qualified other than blogging and cut and paste?

Wharfery Snake

Oct 4, 2015, 7:22:00 PM10/4/15
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, Cony...@africansuntimes.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, Ra'ayi Riga, niger...@yahoogroups.com, NiDAN, naijaintellects, niger...@egroups.com, USAAfrica Dialogue
The Peter Principle has always been an achilles heel of progress and below if true that the INEC honcho position was offered to Bolaji, it would once confirm to all the failures of that principle. Bolaji Aluko, you are not barely qualified for the position of VC, and you are definitely not qualified to be INEC chairman.

WS - A revered prince of Mushin.

Sent from my iPad

Vin Otuonye

Oct 4, 2015, 7:26:33 PM10/4/15
to africanworld, Cony...@africansuntimes.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, raay...@yahoogroups.com, naijain...@googlegroups.com, niger...@yahoogroups.com
Bolaji:

You will have to wait eternity.  I am in no business of creating folders or archiving what people write here. Further,  you need not insult to sit on the fence.

Vin Cool Breeze Otuonye

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

Oct 4, 2015, 7:27:36 PM10/4/15
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, usaafric...@googlegroups.com, Cony...@africansuntimes.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, raay...@yahoogroups.com, USAAfric...@googlegroups.com, naijain...@googlegroups.com, niger...@yahoogroups.com, nidan...@googlegroups.com
Thank you niece, rather incredulous!!

Chika Onyeani

akino...@yahoo.com

Oct 4, 2015, 7:29:58 PM10/4/15
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, africanworldfo...@googlegroups.com

Unsubscribe please.
From:"'Chika Onyeani' via AfricanWorldForum" <africanw...@googlegroups.com>
Date:Sun, Oct 4, 2015 at 7:27 PM

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/africanworldforum/150352e6cb8-a9c-21ac0%40webprd-a101.mail.aol.com.

Ayo Ojutalayo

Oct 4, 2015, 7:30:42 PM10/4/15
to African GM, OKONKWO...@googlegroups.com, edo_g...@yahoogroups.com, naijaobserver, <naijaevent@googlegroups.com>, FORUM IGBO WORLD FORUM IGBO WORLD, igboe...@yahoogroups.com, omo oodua, Cony...@africansuntimes.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, Naija Politics, Ra'ayi Riga, Nigerian ID, NiDAN, naijaintellects, niger...@egroups.com, USAAfrica Dialogue
JUI,

If you are listed as an Igbo hater like PMB,  any story can be concocted to make you look bad by individuals that pretend to be public commentators and analysts. On these forums, Bolaji is top on the list of "certified Igbo haters". Yours truly, as you are aware, is on the list!

Ayo Ojutalayo
From:"Joseph Igietseme" <jigie...@gmail.com>
Date:Sun, Oct 4, 2015 at 7:11 pm

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "NaijaEvent" group.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/naijaevent.

Joseph Igietseme

Oct 4, 2015, 7:34:03 PM10/4/15
to African GM, OKONKWO...@googlegroups.com, FORUM IGBO WORLD FORUM IGBO WORLD, igboe...@yahoogroups.com, develop...@googlegroups.com, naijao...@yahoogroups.com, <naijaevent@googlegroups.com>, edo_g...@yahoogroups.com, Abdulwaab Momoh, Chika Onyeani, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, Odua, raay...@yahoogroups.com, USAAfric...@googlegroups.com, naijain...@googlegroups.com, Nigerian ID, NiDAN
""Here you are, just two days ago, you were pestering me with a phone call all the way from New York, imploring me to get an interview audience with a former Head of State, which I promised to do if you could write write out precisely why, because I could not imagine  just telling him that one Chika Onyeani wants to talk to him.  Deny it, and all respect that I have for you will disappear.  Confirm it, and there is yet hope for you with me. Let the reader now imagine what you would do if I was chosen a minister tomorrow."""........VC Bolaji Aluko!

Good thing VC Bolaji exposed the common antics of these opportunists and hecklers in Naija egroups. These people would call you privately to seek favors for themselves and their relatives/friends, but turned around the next minute to publicly undermine you, question your education, profession, deprecate your ethnic group etc, using unspeakable slurs, insinuations and innuendoes and all forms of foul languages! Because you take the higher grounds and pledge yourself to assist them [after all, for what else are we born if not to assist other people in need!], some of them usually think they're smart-by-half, having their ways with you privately while they play to the gallery of the folks and neighborhood buddies who happen to share a myopic worldview on a national or ethnic issue under debate. Yeye people! JUI [still wondering how ignoble opportunists sleep!]
​---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Yeye Rolling

Oct 4, 2015, 7:34:26 PM10/4/15
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, Cony...@africansuntimes.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, Ra'ayi Riga, niger...@yahoogroups.com, NiDAN, naijaintellects, niger...@egroups.com, USAAfrica Dialogue
This is why Nigeria fails....   Heading INEC is like asking Aluko to come fly the Space Shuttle  knowing fully well he never trained as an astronaut..   Whoever even considered him name should be fired from public service.   This is an attempt to mislead the Presidency...

Ayo Ojutalayo

Oct 4, 2015, 7:36:20 PM10/4/15
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, Cony...@africansuntimes.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, Naija Politics, omo oodua, Ra'ayi Riga, USAAfrica Dialogue, naijaintellects, Nigerian ID, NiDAN
Ngbati Yeye Rolling, your application is not granted yet.

From:"'Yeye Rolling' via AfricanWorldForum" <africanw...@googlegroups.com>
Date:Sun, Oct 4, 2015 at 7:01 pm

Yeye Rolling

Oct 4, 2015, 7:40:26 PM10/4/15
to Joseph Igietseme, African GM, OKONKWO...@googlegroups.com, FORUM IGBO WORLD FORUM IGBO WORLD, igboe...@yahoogroups.com, develop...@googlegroups.com, naijao...@yahoogroups.com, <naijaevent@googlegroups.com>, edo_g...@yahoogroups.com, Abdulwaab Momoh, Chika Onyeani, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, Odua, raay...@yahoogroups.com, USAAfric...@googlegroups.com, naijain...@googlegroups.com, Nigerian ID, NiDAN
Joe:

I am one of those hecklers.  And over my dead body will I or have i ever sought favor from these corruption prone people.

Oct 4, 2015, 7:41:11 PM10/4/15
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, yahoogroups, NaijaNews, Cony...@africansuntimes.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, raay...@yahoogroups.com, USAAfric...@googlegroups.com, naijain...@googlegroups.com, niger...@yahoogroups.com, nidan...@googlegroups.com
I just woke up from Sunday siesta, and now this:

image1.GIF
"Ogbuefi Chika Onyeani:
You are a complete disappointment in what you wrote below, and you should be ashamed of yourself.  I am very sorry to say so, because you and I go back long ways.
Here you are, just two days ago, you were pestering me with a phone call all the way from New York, imploring me to get an interview audience with a former Head of State, which I promised to do if you could write write out precisely why, because I could not imagine  just telling him that one Chika Onyeani wants to talk to him.  Deny it, and all respect that I have for you will disappear.  Confirm it, and there is yet hope for you with me.
Let the reader now imagine what you would do if I was chosen a minister tomorrow."..............Dr Bolaji Aluko.

image1.JPG
Mazi Chika Onyeani's response: "Bolaji, Yes, I confirm calling you about the possibility of speaking with former President Goodluck Jonathan, which you are now calling pestering you.  Thank you."..........Chika Onyeani.

Afis comment:  These Igbos are shameless.
Why would the honorable Chief Onyeani even open the Pandora box when he was one of the cyber guys pestering Dr Aluko?
I can live a hundred years and I would still be confounded by public behaviors of Igbos.
Someone trying to help you in my opinion, you don't go out putting him down in public on the same subject you are asking for as favor.
WhatzamatterwithIgbos?
Shikena
Afis
Sent from my iPad

On Oct 4, 2015, at 6:06 PM, Vin Otuonye <Vincent...@msn.com> wrote:

Bolaji:

I am no caterwauling vulture. Neither am I a fan of Chika Onyeani. Quite honestly,  I don't like his Africa Sun Newspaper. If I were Jonathan, I would never grant any audience with a paper in the mold of African Sun. However,  if one called you once to get an audience with former President Jonathan,  I don't consider that pestering. Also, I see nothing wrong in positioning oneself in Buhari's administration.  The problem I have with you is, you seat on the fence on most issues. You simply refuse to rock the boat.

But as my people will say, Onye na nke ya ( to each his own).

Vin Cool Breeze Otuonye

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

Oct 4, 2015, 7:43:19 PM10/4/15
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, yahoogroups, NaijaNews, Cony...@africansuntimes.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, raay...@yahoogroups.com, USAAfric...@googlegroups.com, naijain...@googlegroups.com, niger...@yahoogroups.com, nidan...@googlegroups.com
Frankly, I am often embarrassed to read the views of many American-based Nigerians on this list serve and similar ones, especially on issues of Nigerian politics. They take extreme positions even whey have absolutely no clue how the system in Nigeria works.

The experience of ministerial lobbying which my very good friend, Dele Momodu, has narrated is not radically different from mine. Just a few hours after Muhammadu Buhari was declared the winner of the March 28 presidential vote, my phones began to buzz endlessly-- not just from those congratulating me as though I was the winner but also from those seeking all manner of jobs and contracts. All of them believed I was particularly close to Buhari; none accepted that I mounted a spirited campaign against Jonathan’s hopelessly doomed government out of altruism and patriotism. I have never had a relationship with Buhari and have never had anything to do with the APC; I have always admired Buhari as an upright leader and have two close friends, Chris Ngige and Babatunde Fashola, in the APC, which is a mere coincidence.

I have not been to Abuja in over one year, and have tried as much as possible to stay away from writing on Nigerian politics since the election ended in April.

Lest I forget, the moment Callistus Nwabueze Obiwuzie was announced the acting director general of the Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA), my phones began once again to ring ceaselessly. My house became a Mecca. When another person became the new acting NIMASA DG a day or two later, my phones went practically dead. My house ceased to be inundated by favour-seeking visitors.

Chika Onyeani’s reaction to Bolaji Aluko’s remarks on the ministerial lobby narrative by Bob Dee is, I am sorry to say, puerile and out of malice.

C. Don.

Ayo Ojutalayo

Oct 4, 2015, 7:45:06 PM10/4/15
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, naija...@googlegroups.com, omo oodua, NaijaNews, Naija Politics, yahoogroups, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, Ra'ayi Riga, USAAfrica Dialogue, naijaintellects, Nigerian ID, NiDAN, delem...@thisdayonline.com, ALUKO Mobolaji, naijaobserver
Tourette syndrome!  From Dr Ola Kassim's description of it, it may be Nebukadineze Adiele's affliction.

From:"'Yeye Rolling' via AfricanWorldForum" <africanw...@googlegroups.com>
Date:Sun, Oct 4, 2015 at 6:59 pm

Afis Deinde

Oct 4, 2015, 7:47:23 PM10/4/15
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, Cony...@africansuntimes.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, raay...@yahoogroups.com, USAAfric...@googlegroups.com, naijain...@googlegroups.com, niger...@yahoogroups.com, nidan...@googlegroups.com
Vin Otuonye always place his shobolation mouth in all that doesn't concern him. Who asked you if "pestering" once or thrice can be considered "pestering"?
Dumb ass boy!
Are you the one pestered?
 Oh you wish!
When no one has bothered you for ten years, stupid boy, how can you know how "pestering" feel like?
You gat issues Vin.

Author: The Phenomenally Successful No.1 Bestselling Book, "Capitalist Nigger - The Road to Success", and his New Book "Roar of the African Lion."

Ayo Ojutalayo

Oct 4, 2015, 7:51:34 PM10/4/15
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, Cony...@africansuntimes.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, Naija Politics, omo oodua, Ra'ayi Riga, USAAfrica Dialogue, naijaintellects, Nigerian ID, NiDAN
With your genocide record, your application will never be granted.

From:"'Yeye Rolling' via AfricanWorldForum" <africanw...@googlegroups.com>
Date:Sun, Oct 4, 2015 at 7:42 pm

Philip Achusim

Oct 4, 2015, 7:54:05 PM10/4/15
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, naija...@googlegroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, talkn...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, egbe...@yahoogroups.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, raay...@yahoogroups.com, USAAfric...@googlegroups.com, naijain...@googlegroups.com, niger...@yahoogroups.com, nidan...@googlegroups.com, delem...@thisdayonline.com, alu...@gmail.com, naijao...@yahoogroups.com, Okonkwonetworks, anambra-w...@yahoogroup.com
Ayo:

Have you ever heard of Ekiti boomerang? You better do your homework. Ekiti folks, as well as other folks I know but refuse to name, specialize in boomerang or return to sender mojo. If you think that way about Tourette Syndrome, it might become your Christmas and new year present nicely wrapped and delivered to you and yours in time for Christmas.

And I am
Ezeana Achusim
Odi-Isaa
Nwa Dim Orioha AKA Onyeukwu.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

From:"'Yeye Rolling' via AfricanWorldForum"
Date:Sun, Oct 4, 2015 at 6:59 pm

From: 'Ola Kassim' via AfricanWorldForum
To: africanw...@googlegroups.com
Cc: "naija...@googlegroups.com" ; Odua ; NaijaNews ; NaijaNews ; yahoogroups ; "NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com" ; Ra'ayi Riga ; USAAfrica Dialogue ; naijaintellects ; "niger...@yahoogroups.com" ; NiDAN ; "delem...@thisdayonline.com" ; ALUKO Mobolaji ; Bring Your Baseball Bat

Chika Onyeani

Oct 4, 2015, 7:55:01 PM10/4/15
to naija...@googlegroups.com, africanw...@googlegroups.com, OKONKWO...@googlegroups.com, igbowor...@yahoogroups.com, igboe...@yahoogroups.com, develop...@googlegroups.com, naijao...@yahoogroups.com, edo_g...@yahoogroups.com, afe...@yahoogroups.com, Cony...@africansuntimes.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, raay...@yahoogroups.com, USAAfric...@googlegroups.com, naijain...@googlegroups.com, niger...@yahoogroups.com, nidan...@googlegroups.com
JUI,

You and I have never corresponded before.  I want to set the record straight.  As Bolaji said, he has been in office since 2011 and throughout that period, I knew through conversations with him when he arrives in the U.S. that he is close to the President and his family.  In the four years or five years that GEJ was in office, I never once picked up the phone to call Bolaji for favors.  I asked him once why my books were not being used in the university, and I am sure if he remembered that he would have said it too.  So, I am surprised that he would state that if I asked him for a conversation with GEJ, what would I do if he were a minister.

As a great admirer of Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, as the individual most responsible for building a solid foundation for the growth of democracy in Nigeria, I want to do something for him here in the U.S.  Hence,I reached out to Bolaji since I understand that GEJ is now spending more time at Otueke.

You are at liberty to make your insinuations.

Chika Onyeani

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "NaijaEvent" group.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/naijaevent.

Yeye Rolling

Oct 4, 2015, 7:57:32 PM10/4/15
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, Cony...@africansuntimes.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, Naija Politics, omo oodua, Ra'ayi Riga, USAAfrica Dialogue, naijaintellects, Nigerian ID, NiDAN
Oh no,  It will.   I never looted Igbo's property during the civil way..... Never took truck loads of Igbo property back to Yoruba Land  The fact that I have no regards for the policies of Awolowo is also a major factor.     From what I hear, it will be granted..

Sent: Sunday, October 4, 2015 6:51 PM

Vin Otuonye

Oct 4, 2015, 8:01:43 PM10/4/15
to africanworld, Cony...@africansuntimes.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, raay...@yahoogroups.com, USAAfric...@googlegroups.com, naijain...@googlegroups.com, niger...@yahoogroups.com, nidan...@googlegroups.com
Once Olodo always Olodo.

Vin

Ogbuefi:

Thank you too....you have confirmed my story....I felt pestered, but I don't mind being pestered by you.

So let us quit before it gets uglier, before the caterwauling vultures set in.  But be assured of this:  I am not angling overtly or covertly for a ministerial position.

Have a good week.

Bolaji Aluko

On Sunday, October 4, 2015, 'Chika Onyeani' via AfricanWorldForum <africanw...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Bolaji,

Yes, I confirm calling you about the possibility of speaking with former President Goodluck Jonathan, which you are now calling pestering you.  Thank you.

Chika Onyeani

Oct 4, 2015, 8:06:45 PM10/4/15
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, Cony...@africansuntimes.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, Naija Politics, omo oodua, raay...@yahoogroups.com, USAAfric...@googlegroups.com, naijain...@googlegroups.com, Nigerian ID, nidan...@googlegroups.com
Chika,

Common, it does not matter when and how many times you called Bolaji who said both of you have come a long way. Your reaction to what he wrote was not honorable. And many of us can confirm similar experience as Bolaji was narrating. Did Dr Onu not talk of a similar experience when he was being rumored as the Secretary to the government?

From:"'Chika Onyeani' via AfricanWorldForum" <africanw...@googlegroups.com>
Date:Sun, Oct 4, 2015 at 7:16 pm

Yeye Rolling

Oct 4, 2015, 8:08:02 PM10/4/15
to Chika Onyeani, naija...@googlegroups.com, africanw...@googlegroups.com, OKONKWO...@googlegroups.com, igbowor...@yahoogroups.com, igboe...@yahoogroups.com, develop...@googlegroups.com, naijao...@yahoogroups.com, edo_g...@yahoogroups.com, afe...@yahoogroups.com, Cony...@africansuntimes.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, raay...@yahoogroups.com, USAAfric...@googlegroups.com, naijain...@googlegroups.com, niger...@yahoogroups.com, nidan...@googlegroups.com
Chika:

Aluko is an animal.   A man of extremely low scruples. Otherwise, he would not post conversations that happened between you and him on the the forum..  If ever there was a Nigerian you would give the tittle "Scum of Humanity"     His name is Bolaji Aluko!
--
OkonkwoNetworks..........Building NIGERIA of our DREAM

Ayo Ojutalayo

Oct 4, 2015, 8:18:06 PM10/4/15
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, Chika Onyeani, naija...@googlegroups.com, OKONKWO...@googlegroups.com, igbowor...@yahoogroups.com, igboe...@yahoogroups.com, develop...@googlegroups.com, naijaobserver, edo_g...@yahoogroups.com, afe...@yahoogroups.com, Cony...@africansuntimes.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, Naija Politics, omo oodua, raay...@yahoogroups.com, USAAfric...@googlegroups.com, naijain...@googlegroups.com, Nigerian ID, nidan...@googlegroups.com
Ngbati Yeye Rolling,

If Chika could write what he wrote to the forums, Bolaji was at liberty to disclose their conversation to the forums. With friends like Chika who has Bolaji's Nigerian phone number, Bolaji needs no enemies.

From:"'Yeye Rolling' via AfricanWorldForum" <africanw...@googlegroups.com>
Date:Sun, Oct 4, 2015 at 8:08 pm

Afis Deinde

Oct 4, 2015, 8:34:19 PM10/4/15
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, Cony...@africansuntimes.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, raay...@yahoogroups.com, USAAfric...@googlegroups.com, naijain...@googlegroups.com, niger...@yahoogroups.com, nidan...@googlegroups.com

Afis
Sent from my iPad

Philip Achusim

Oct 4, 2015, 8:35:55 PM10/4/15
to NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, africanw...@googlegroups.com, Cony...@africansuntimes.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, raay...@yahoogroups.com, USAAfric...@googlegroups.com, naijain...@googlegroups.com, niger...@yahoogroups.com, nidan...@googlegroups.com, NaijaObserver, Okonkwonetworks, anambra-w...@yahoogroup.com
Folks:

If you want something, go for it the best way you can. With no apologies. When I see a mamiwata that I love, I will not hesitate to call VC Aluko, if he can be of help. If I am interested in looting the Nigerian treasury, and I think worshipping Abba is the shortest route to being in Buhari's administration, I would have moved to Arizona by now to become Abba's neighbor.

How do you guys think folks like Obasanjo and Buhari and Ezeana got to where they are today? They owe it to somebody. If VC Aluko helped anyone get nicely situated with Buhari, only God and the gods know which rewards Aluko could reap. VC Aluko himself was a beneficiary of the help given to him by Prof. Adefuye of blessed memory. The late Prof. Adefuye, Nigerian Ambassador to the US, was approached by someone I refuse to name, if he had a job for Aluko Jr. who was a recent law school graduate. He obliged. The next thing you knew, Aluko Jr. was a legal staffer at the Embassy. And mind you, he was not the only young Yoruba attorney in the US. Some one, and no apologies needed, wanted something and went after it the best way he could and he got it.

Moving on. Then somebody said let us play it again. And they did. Aluko was a professor of Engineering at Howard University in DC. And so were other Yoruba professors at the same university. But it was only Aluko who wanted something else. So he went after what he wanted the best way he could. I listened in on the conversation between the late Adefuye and GEJ. GEJ was reminded that Aluko's beautiful mother is from Bayelsa. So Aluko became VC of Bayelsa University, the only thing GEJ did for southern Nigeria. FUO.

What I am struggling to say here is that if you want something, go after it the best way you can. If you sit home waiting for Buhari to discover you to appoint you, he is not. If you are ashamed to beg for something, you may not get anything. Some have to beg even their own wives for some. But they get on here to pretend that it is wrong to beg for an appointment anyway you can. The only reason I am not out there begging for anything is that I already begged and gotten whatever it is I ever wanted. Politics is not a healthy profession. And I should know. Because I have never sought employment in that industry.

And I am
Ezeana Achusim
Odi-Isaa
Nwa Dim Orioha AKA Onyeukwu.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
__._,_.___

Posted by: Vin Otuonye
.

__,_._,___

Yeye Rolling

Oct 4, 2015, 9:16:59 PM10/4/15
to Chika Onyeani, naija...@googlegroups.com, africanw...@googlegroups.com, OKONKWO...@googlegroups.com, igbowor...@yahoogroups.com, igboe...@yahoogroups.com, develop...@googlegroups.com, naijao...@yahoogroups.com, edo_g...@yahoogroups.com, afe...@yahoogroups.com, Cony...@africansuntimes.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, raay...@yahoogroups.com, USAAfric...@googlegroups.com, naijain...@googlegroups.com, niger...@yahoogroups.com, nidan...@googlegroups.com
Joe:

Asking Aluko access to the Nigerian  Government should not be misconstrued as asking him for help or favor..    After all, Public Servant own no assets within public institutions.. Government or access to government is not Aluko's personal property...  Looks like you think government belongs to these people

--
OkonkwoNetworks..........Building NIGERIA of our DREAM

Philip Achusim

Oct 4, 2015, 9:17:53 PM10/4/15
to naija...@googlegroups.com, africanw...@googlegroups.com, OKONKWO...@googlegroups.com, edo_g...@yahoogroups.com, naijao...@yahoogroups.com, igbowor...@yahoogroups.com, igboe...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, Cony...@africansuntimes.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, raay...@yahoogroups.com, niger...@yahoogroups.com, nidan...@googlegroups.com, naijain...@googlegroups.com, niger...@egroups.com, USAAfric...@googlegroups.com
VC Aluko:

Idaaaaaya. If you did not want the INEC job, you mean you could not recommend somebody else for the job? How do you think Ayo and JUI, to name a few, feel about your friendship with them? Are you telling us that none of your friends is worthy of the INEC job you rejected? It is shocking that you rejected a position without recommending some Yoruba or Edo guy, and you let Fulani take the position? I wonder how Afinefere and Oduduwa feel about you now?

From:"Joseph Igietseme"

Philip Achusim

Oct 4, 2015, 9:22:51 PM10/4/15
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, naija...@googlegroups.com, OKONKWO...@googlegroups.com, edo_g...@yahoogroups.com, naijao...@yahoogroups.com, igbowor...@yahoogroups.com, igboe...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, Cony...@africansuntimes.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, raay...@yahoogroups.com, niger...@yahoogroups.com, nidan...@googlegroups.com, naijain...@googlegroups.com, niger...@egroups.com, USAAfric...@googlegroups.com
Ayo:

Whenever we address someone as an Igbo hater, we give reasons why. The fact that you defended Oba of Lagos and Dr vHitler Ariyo earned you the Igbo hater label. If in doubt as to why JUI is an Igbo hater, let him ask, and it shall be catalogued for him.

From:"Joseph Igietseme"

Wharfery Snake

Oct 4, 2015, 9:47:06 PM10/4/15
to NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, africanw...@googlegroups.com, Cony...@africansuntimes.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, raay...@yahoogroups.com, USAAfric...@googlegroups.com, naijain...@googlegroups.com, niger...@yahoogroups.com, nidan...@googlegroups.com, NaijaObserver, Okonkwonetworks, anambra-w...@yahoogroup.com
Mazi Ezeana,

May you live long and may you continue to offer us wisdom that can only come with age. Mazi Ezeana, in my past life I worked for a major television network in NYC. One takeaway that I got from that job was that the producers would go to any length to get contacts and information to make contact.

Bolaji Aluko did exactly what he is complaining about. Anyone who read the many post from Johnson Oti will confirm this observation. In his divorce proceedings one of the complaints was his constant and consistent yapping and worshipping of senior government officials. Bolaji Aluko begged for his son to be hired by Nigerian embassy. Bolaji Aluko is not only incompetent, but he is equally two-faced.

WS - A revered prince of Mushin.

Sent from my iPad

Posted by: Philip Achusim <pach...@yahoo.com>
.

__,_._,___

Oke Osisi " Common Sense, Uncommon Knowledge "

Wharfery Snake

Oct 4, 2015, 10:00:22 PM10/4/15
to NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, africanw...@googlegroups.com, yahoogroups, NaijaNews, Cony...@africansuntimes.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, raay...@yahoogroups.com, USAAfric...@googlegroups.com, naijain...@googlegroups.com, niger...@yahoogroups.com, nidan...@googlegroups.com
Hell no! OJ Simpson had poise which is  opposed to girly man in that picture. Did you see the mug on him?

WS - A revered prince of Mushin.

Sent from my iPad
<image1.GIF>
<image1.JPG>

Ayo Ojutalayo

Oct 4, 2015, 10:06:53 PM10/4/15
to naija...@googlegroups.com, africanw...@googlegroups.com, OKONKWO...@googlegroups.com, edo_g...@yahoogroups.com, naijaobserver, igbowor...@yahoogroups.com, igboe...@yahoogroups.com, omo oodua, Cony...@africansuntimes.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, Naija Politics, raay...@yahoogroups.com, Nigerian ID, nidan...@googlegroups.com, naijain...@googlegroups.com, niger...@egroups.com, USAAfric...@googlegroups.com
Ezeana,

I was called Igbo hater years before Oba of Lagos' incident. Ask Nebu and Shukuma Agunnobi or whatever the Ikemba of Lanatics call himself.

From:"'Philip Achusim' via NaijaEvent" <naija...@googlegroups.com>
Date:Sun, Oct 4, 2015 at 9:22 pm

Yeye Rolling

Oct 4, 2015, 10:11:35 PM10/4/15
to NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, africanw...@googlegroups.com, yahoogroups, NaijaNews, Cony...@africansuntimes.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, raay...@yahoogroups.com, USAAfric...@googlegroups.com, naijain...@googlegroups.com, niger...@yahoogroups.com, nidan...@googlegroups.com

Philip Achusim

Oct 4, 2015, 10:26:03 PM10/4/15
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, naija...@googlegroups.com, OKONKWO...@googlegroups.com, edo_g...@yahoogroups.com, naijao...@yahoogroups.com, igbowor...@yahoogroups.com, igboe...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, Cony...@africansuntimes.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, raay...@yahoogroups.com, niger...@yahoogroups.com, nidan...@googlegroups.com, naijain...@googlegroups.com, niger...@egroups.com, USAAfric...@googlegroups.com
Ayo:

Thanks. When 3 folks independently reach the same conclusion about you, how can they be wrong? I did not know that those 2 already branded you as an Igbo hater before you further lived up to your billing by supporting Lagos Oba and Dr. Ariyo.

From:"'Philip Achusim' via NaijaEvent"

Yeye Rolling

Oct 4, 2015, 10:32:03 PM10/4/15
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, naija...@googlegroups.com, OKONKWO...@googlegroups.com, edo_g...@yahoogroups.com, naijaobserver, igbowor...@yahoogroups.com, igboe...@yahoogroups.com, omo oodua, Cony...@africansuntimes.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, Naija Politics, raay...@yahoogroups.com, Nigerian ID, nidan...@googlegroups.com, naijain...@googlegroups.com, niger...@egroups.com, USAAfric...@googlegroups.com

Paul Oranika

Oct 4, 2015, 10:38:51 PM10/4/15
to NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, africanw...@googlegroups.com, Cony...@africansuntimes.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, raay...@yahoogroups.com, USAAfric...@googlegroups.com, naijain...@googlegroups.com, niger...@yahoogroups.com, nidan...@googlegroups.com, NaijaObserver, Okonkwonetworks, anambra-w...@yahoogroup.com
Good thing VC Bolaji exposed the common antics of these opportunists and hecklers in Naija egroups. These people would call you privately to seek favors for themselves and their relatives/friends, but turned around the next minute to publicly undermine you, question your education, profession, deprecate your ethnic group etc, using unspeakable slurs, insinuations and innuendoes and all forms of foul languages! Because you take the higher grounds and pledge yourself to assist them [after all, for what else are we born if not to assist other people in need!], some of them usually think they're smart-by-half, having their ways with you privately while they play to the gallery of the folks and neighborhood buddies who happen to share a myopic worldview on a national or ethnic issue under debate. Yeye people! JUI [still wondering how ignoble opportunists sleep!] ---JUI

JUI

I think Bro Bolaji took this matter too far. That Chika Onyeani asked him for help in reaching Dr. Jonathan should not have been introduced into this discussion at all. This is casual thing friends can do for one another, such favor which was not done anyway, has no monetary value and hence should not have become part of this discussion. My sole point in writing about this matter is to highlight certain things Nigerians do that in my view are cynical and unpatriotic. I gave examples with Obj looking for favors from Buhari who he felt may win this election then he tore his PDP identity card publicly just to heighten and dramatize his favor seeking actions and in the end he got the favors from Buhari. That single act by Obj may also prevent Buhari from investigating OBJ's administration.

 I also used another example of Soludo beating Okonjo Iwealla and Jonathan to possibly gain favors from Buhari, he may get some favors too i dont know. Even you JUI in the past have taken a contrary view and criticized some of Buhari's actions or lack of it. It surprises me that brother Bolaji has not seen any issue to disagree with Buhari to the point that he was helping to rationalize Buhari's inability to get a functional government in place, a problem that everyone knows is detrimental to the state of the Nigerian economy. I felt offended that Bolaji tried to explain such serious deficiency in a  positive manner.

For me that was what facilitated the comment I made. Compare Bolaji's way of handling the Buhari poor and slow work pace to that when he came to the conclusion that President Buhari was not what he thought about him, Osuji who I often disagree with in terms of his positions but in this case Osuji was objective enough to change his position from being a blind supporter of Buhari to a conscientious critic based on evidence and situation on the ground. That is where I am coming from. I mean no harm to Bolaji I was surprised the way he reacted to Chika Onyeani's remarks.

Okechukwu P. Oranika
​---------------------------------------------------------------------------

__._,_.___

Posted by: Wharfery Snake <wharf...@yahoo.com>
Messages in this topic (32)

Check out the automatic photo album with 2 photo(s) from this topic.
image1.GIF image1.JPG

.

__,_._,___

Oke Osisi " Common Sense, Uncommon Knowledge "

Oct 4, 2015, 10:59:44 PM10/4/15
to 'Wharfery Snake' via AfricanWorldForum, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, yahoogroups, NaijaNews, Cony...@africansuntimes.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, raay...@yahoogroups.com, USAAfric...@googlegroups.com, naijain...@googlegroups.com, niger...@yahoogroups.com, nidan...@googlegroups.com
Wharf the Prince of Mushin,

I was only referring to his face.  Look at it closely.  Recalled that I said, "... minus the muscular body of O.J.".

Oke Osisi
"Common Sense, Uncommon Knowledge"

Sent on a Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note® 3

Ayo Ojutalayo

Oct 5, 2015, 12:12:16 AM10/5/15
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, naija...@googlegroups.com, OKONKWO...@googlegroups.com, edo_g...@yahoogroups.com, naijaobserver, igbowor...@yahoogroups.com, igboe...@yahoogroups.com, omo oodua, Cony...@africansuntimes.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, Naija Politics, raay...@yahoogroups.com, Nigerian ID, nidan...@googlegroups.com, naijain...@googlegroups.com, niger...@egroups.com, USAAfric...@googlegroups.com

BUSKA

Oct 5, 2015, 12:25:22 AM10/5/15
to NaijaO...@yahoogroups.com, africanw...@googlegroups.com, Odua, NaijaNews, NaijaNews, yahoogroups, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, Ra'ayi Riga, USAAfrica Dialogue, naijaintellects, niger...@yahoogroups.com, NiDAN, delem...@thisdayonline.com, ALUKO Mobolaji, Naija...@googlegroups.com
Yes o, I agree with you jare, the Notice me practitioners includes Afis Odidere, my friend before, before

Sent from my iPad
Sent from my iPhone

__._,_.___

Posted by: Joe Attueyi <topc...@yahoo.com>
.

__,_._,___

Ayo Ojutalayo

Oct 5, 2015, 12:53:34 AM10/5/15
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, Cony...@africansuntimes.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, raay...@yahoogroups.com, USAAfric...@googlegroups.com, naijain...@googlegroups.com, niger...@yahoogroups.com, nidan...@googlegroups.com, NaijaObserver, Okonkwonetworks, anambra-w...@yahoogroup.com
Paul,

Ozodi Osuji is Igbo, Bolaji is not Igbo. It is easier for an Igbo to read weakness and bad motive in whatever PMB does or does not do. That was why even Nebu, a long time supporter of Buhari, did not hold back in abusing and insulting PMB for what he called lopsided appointments. Ozodi stopped being PMB's supporter almost immediately after the election. You must be aware that the anti-Buhari posture of most Igbos is an embarrassment to some Igbos. You must also be aware that many prominent Nigerians including Igbos, have defended PMB's "work pace". Why are you then surprised that Bolaji "has not seen any issue to disagree with Buhari to the point that he was helping to rationalize Buhari's inability to get a functional government in place"?

Concerning Chika Onyeani, if he could make the remarks he made to Bolaji in public, Bolaji had a responsibility to himself to disclose his interaction with Chika. The interaction somehow buttressed the point Bolaji was making.

Ayo Ojutalayo

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. ” . . . Martin Luther King Jr

From: Mobolaji Aluko <alu...@gmail.com>

Mobolaji Aluko

Oct 5, 2015, 2:01:21 AM10/5/15
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, Cony...@africansuntimes.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, raay...@yahoogroups.com, USAAfric...@googlegroups.com, naijain...@googlegroups.com, niger...@yahoogroups.com

Ayo Ojutalayo :

Thank you for spelling it out to Paul Oranika.  I do not consider Osuji or Nebu my role models, and I am sure that the feeling is mutual.

Two groups of people that I react to publicly very negatively are my friends and Christians, when they behave badly publicly and want to compromimise me into silence.  I don't allow anyone to kiss me behind and diss me in full view.  A friend who says something publicly about you that you don't respond to is an implied affirmation of what was said.  I have long considered Ogbuefi Onyeani a senior friend, and was shocked at his remarks about my alleged ministerial intentions.

I do not believe I have ever met Paul Oranika outside Cyberspace, but we have interacted since at least 2006, during his ANAC exploits as spokesperson, and I believe later as Chairman, while I headed NDERG of the Diaspora Voting rights law suit against  the Federal Government of Nigeria fame, which NDERG won, with Femi Falana as our counsel.  ANAC and NDERG had their brushes then, over some silly bragging rights.

'Nuff said...but I could not react to Paul the way I react to Dr. Onyeani....one is a cyber-associate, an email address, while the other is a friend whose wife I have met, whose newspaper office I have been to in New York at his invitation, whose radio program I have stayed late to participate in (both in the USA and from here in Nigeria) a number of times, and who I bent over backwards to ALMOST ensure that he met Obama at BHO's  first Inauguration outing in 2009 ..;-)...he won't deny any of those either, hence my disappointment.

And there you have it.   I am moving on....it is a new week.

Bolaji Aluko

On Monday, October 5, 2015, 'Ayo Ojutalayo' via AfricanWorldForum <africanw...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
[...]

afis 'Deinde

Oct 5, 2015, 3:42:47 AM10/5/15
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, Cony...@africansuntimes.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, Ra'ayi Riga, niger...@yahoogroups.com, NiDAN, naijaintellects, niger...@egroups.com, USAAfrica Dialogue
Baba Wharfy, have you looked at your Agbada before commenting on someone else danshiki?
Are you qualified as a gateman at the Otuoke University?
I only ask the Question based on your unwise statement below.

From: Mobolaji Aluko <alu...@gmail.com>

okoiad...@gmail.com

Oct 5, 2015, 3:49:24 AM10/5/15
to afis 'Deinde, Cony...@africansuntimes.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, Ra'ayi Riga, niger...@yahoogroups.com, NiDAN, naijaintellects, niger...@egroups.com, USAAfrica Dialogue
The constitutional qualification to be Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission is the same as that of the President, Vice President, membership of the National Assembly, State Governors and membership of the States Assemblies. ‎ Certainly, VC Bolaji Aluko is more than qualified to be appointment Chairman of INEC!

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
Oct 5, 2015, 11:21:19 AM10/5/15
to Anunoby, Ogugua, usaafric...@googlegroups.com, africanw...@googlegroups.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, raay...@yahoogroups.com, naijain...@googlegroups.com, niger...@yahoogroups.com
Bolaji,

Please don't stretch the truth.  I never once asked you to introduce me to Obama.  In fact, my wife and I were staying at the hotel where we paid a $1,000 that night, and then we met you and your wife.   We were with our own crowd.  I cannot dispute whatever else you wrote.  But just imagine if I had sent the letter for Goodluck Jonathan through you, and in your swirl of anger, I am sure you would made the content public.

As I told you, I want to do something for Goodluck Jonathan because of what he did for Nigeria.  I am still going to do it, and I might still consider doing it through you if you apologize for using the word 'ilk" about me.  I still consider you a young friend.

Chika Onyeani

Author: The Phenomenally Successful No.1 Bestselling Book, "Capitalist Nigger - The Road to Success", and his New Book "Roar of the African Lion."

On Mon, Oct 5, 2015 at 10:47 AM, Anunoby, Ogugua <Anun...@lincolnu.edu> wrote:

What is all the hullabaloo about lobbying for ministerial appointment? I do not know that there is much that is  wrong with any Nigerian lobbying to be appointed a member of an elected president’s cabinet in the capacity of minister or any other. It is neither against the law nor immoral in my book. The president does not know every Nigerian he could work with. Then again the qualification bar for ministerial office is after all not really high. Cunning and guile are highly rated. They might even make one more competitive. If the selection process in the past is any guide, qualifications for the office are considerably unclear and somewhat shifty.

The now elected president lobbied Nigerians for his job- he relentlessly campaigned for it for well over a decade. He succeeded in his fourth attempt. If he lobbied Nigerians for his job for as long as he did, and got the job, lobbying works. Why not some Nigerians for their jobs too? Why not people who wish to work with and for him? They after all have been lobbying him and his agents for no longer than a few months only. Is there anyone who does not know that that this president self-promoted for many years before he got his present job. He actually has not ceased to self-promote himself. Why not people who wish to join him in so called “service “ to Nigeria as his ministers?

My concern is not that anyone may choose or actually chooses to lobby for a government job. Nigeria has paid a heavy price for reluctant public servants. I do not believe that the country needs any more of them now or in the future. My concern is that the president appoints/chooses competent people to work for and with him to move Nigeria forward as he claims he wishes to do. Will he? That is the question. If he does not wish to, he may repeat the mistakes of some of his predecessors in office, price loyalty to him as a person above loyalty to Nigeria, and choose members of his team on that basis mostly. If he wishes to, he must look beyond blinkered recommendations, long-term personal relationships, fraudulent and padded resume/curriculum vitae, unenlightened self-interest shrouded as party loyalty, and most of all Nigeria’s broadly not narrowly defined short and long term public interest. Is he doing much of the above? Everyone paying attention- watching, listening, and appraising must decide for themselves.

The president must never forget that Nigeria does not belong to him alone or his party. His personal experience must remind him if nothing else does, that power is fleeting, skittish, and transient. It is here today and gone tomorrow. He must use it well while he has it. Did he use it well in his previous incarnation as Head of State?  He must answer truthfully to himself. This time, he must do the most good for the greatest number. He should only make unavoidable enemies. He should use power such that when it is all over, he will not look back in anger, distress, or regret, but in satisfaction and contentment. He should be able to confidently say “I tried”. He must always try his best and hardest. All the above is always possible to do. Does he need reminding that he was not drafted for the job? Not in my opinion. He volunteered for it.

One political party recently lost power at the center making room for him to be president. If he does well. his party shall lose power and make room for another president later rather than sooner. The president must always remember that his responsibility to Nigerians as their president is first and foremost of a fiduciary one. He will need more than his cronies and party people to discharge that responsibility faithfully and to the best of his ability and opportunity. He was bitten once. He must ensure that he is not twice shy.

oa

--
Listserv moderated by Toyin Falola, University of Texas at Austin

Wilson Iguade

Oct 5, 2015, 1:23:52 PM10/5/15
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, Esan Forum, Anunoby, Ogugua, usaafric...@googlegroups.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, raay...@yahoogroups.com, naijain...@googlegroups.com, niger...@yahoogroups.com, Chika Onyeani
This is a good thread, by this I mean informative.

Chief Onyeani says "As I told you, I want to do something for Goodluck Jonathan because of what he did for Nigeria.  I am still going to do it, and I might still consider doing it through you if you apologize for using the word 'ilk" about me."

Response: After VC Aluko apologizes, per Chief Onyeani's request, and VC Aluko is board to do "something" for JONA, sign me up! Hehehehe!

Stay tuned for JONA transformational boogie woogie! Lololo!

Oga Chika, now that I got every one in the fora excited, I would be sending you an invoice o!

Iguade, Emir of Aso Rock, Abuja, Nigeria.

PS: am lobbying for Otitigbe to be in as well, bcos we both love JONA and do not think JONA is perfect but he did his damn best for Nigeria.

Sent from my iPhone

Wilson Iguade

Oct 5, 2015, 1:28:53 PM10/5/15
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, Esan Forum, Develop Nigeria, Cony...@africansuntimes.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, Ra'ayi Riga, niger...@yahoogroups.com, NiDAN, naijaintellects, niger...@egroups.com, USAAfrica Dialogue
Agree with Okoi. In addition, perhaps someone from the minority nations should head INEC for a change, because the minority nations tend to be more independent compared to WAZOBIA. Therefore, Atty. Okoi would be the choice for INEC chair on behalf of the minority nations. Stay tuned!

Iguade ("pray for me")

Sent from my iPhone

Wharfery Snake

Oct 5, 2015, 1:46:31 PM10/5/15
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, Cony...@africansuntimes.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, Ra'ayi Riga, niger...@yahoogroups.com, NiDAN, naijaintellects, niger...@egroups.com, USAAfrica Dialogue
Buska,

I will recommend you for the position before Aluko. I will do so knowing that your word is your bond unlike Aluko who awarded himself a salary increase and started chopping our money.

Finally Buska I refuse to step into the gutter with you. I make no boasts when I say the gutter is my natural habitat but I don't do gutter with my paddy.

WS - A venerable Prince of Mushin.

Sent from my iPhone

Wharfery Snake

Oct 5, 2015, 1:51:24 PM10/5/15
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, Cony...@africansuntimes.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, Ra'ayi Riga, niger...@yahoogroups.com, NiDAN, naijaintellects, niger...@egroups.com, USAAfrica Dialogue
Alagba Afis my good senior friend, there you go again. Alagba Afis need I remind you that I have not come to boast of my supposed qualifications and job offers. When I do you will have every right to scrutinize my meguard qualities. Right now you remind me of Trevor Bernick when he went into the Mike Tyson. Before Mike could throw he started flailing and fidgeting and then just like that he was kaput. Calibrate your punch and deliver it with massive power that is the only way to defeat a superior opponent like the Snake.

WS - A venerable Prince of Mushin.

Sent from my iPhone

DIPO ENIOLA

Oct 5, 2015, 2:27:06 PM10/5/15
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, Cony...@africansuntimes.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, Ra'ayi Riga, niger...@yahoogroups.com, NiDAN, naijaintellects, niger...@egroups.com, USAAfrica Dialogue
Notwithstanding that Wharf The Snake of Orlu is a Yoruba impostor, he is an accomplished individual in his chosen field. Part of the reason I like him is that he is one smart Alec. Thus, Wharf The Snake of Orlu without the toga of championing the Igbo cause, is a good man. But The Oha 1 is still very much disappointed in him for participating in a show of shame where an aggressive Igbo woman Nurse, who pulls in 70 hours a week was allowed to break kola nut at an Igbo gathering. An abomination in Ndigbo.

The Oha 1
Ahu Nze, Ebie Okwu

Chika Onyeani

Oct 5, 2015, 2:39:39 PM10/5/15
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, Cony...@africansuntimes.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, raay...@yahoogroups.com, niger...@yahoogroups.com, nidan...@googlegroups.com, naijain...@googlegroups.com, niger...@egroups.com, USAAfric...@googlegroups.com

Mobolaji Aluko

Oct 5, 2015, 2:58:31 PM10/5/15
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, Chika Onyeani, Anunoby, Ogugua, usaafric...@googlegroups.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, raay...@yahoogroups.com, naijain...@googlegroups.com, niger...@yahoogroups.com

Ogbuefi Chika:

1.  Let me apologize for using the word "ilk",   I should have used the word "crowd" instead - you seem to prefer that word when you described your group below during Obama's inauguration celebration.

2.  I never said that you asked me to introduce you to Obama.  Rather, we the organizers of that Obama inaugural event (chaired by that Collins Ezebuih(w)e) that I personally bent over backward to ensure you and your wife had a table  (maybe your nth Inaugural event on that day, who knows?) at the Nigerian Embassy of 2009 NEVER denied the possibility of Obama "dropping by", even though NOBODY ever informed us that he would.  But hope sprung eternal...and we are still waiting for Obama....

No, I would NEVER have "made the content (of your GEJ letter) public", unless AFTER writing the letter, you denied it.  I am (in)famous on Naijanet for showing up many many liars who try to use the natural abhorrence of disclosing private discussions or exchanges to HIDE their lies.  I NEVER agree to being such an accomplice.....and I never cringe to do so when I see a person treading that path.

Finally, Elder Onyeani, I will continue to be of whatever assistance to you that you are comfortable with, just as I expect that you will reciprocate.

Best wishes always.

Bolaji Aluko

olaka...@aol.com

Oct 5, 2015, 3:30:31 PM10/5/15
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, Cony...@africansuntimes.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, raay...@yahoogroups.com, niger...@yahoogroups.com, nidan...@googlegroups.com, naijain...@googlegroups.com, niger...@egroups.com, USAAfric...@googlegroups.com

Folks:

The discussions on the "Abuja Ministerial Blues"
had me pondering about whether there is an
appropriate age after which one should stop hustling
for positions and seeking the company and recognition
of the rich, the mighty and the powerful.

Is there not an appropriate age, after retirement from
regular employment or one's vocation (the 24/7 engagements
of life) that one should ideally sit back, enjoy all the varieties life
has to offer, delight in the achievements of one's children and
the growing brood of grandchildren, travel the world with one's
life companion without ever caring a hoot
about all the need to keep on hustling;
go to parties and dance with abandon as if no one
is watching while caring less about who else attended the party of did not attend
--except give thanks for all of the opportunities he has allowed one to fulfill?

If older retired adults are still so busy hustling  every day of  their lives, wouldn't this
be crowding out the spaces where the younger generations
should be hustling their way to the top?.

Even though I am still far away from that magical age, I am nevertheless already
preparing for it!

We only have one life to live. Make hay while the sun shines!
Enjoy life as if everyday is your last day. And the older you are
the more likely it is this may be true regardless of the status of your health,

We should leave room and sometime to smell the roses before our time is
up.

Bye,

Ola

Joe Attueyi

Oct 5, 2015, 3:43:32 PM10/5/15
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, Cony...@africansuntimes.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, raay...@yahoogroups.com, niger...@yahoogroups.com, niger...@egroups.com, olaka...@aol.com, Naija...@googlegroups.com
Dr Kassim
Is this a coded message to PMB?

When I was 20 PMB was Head of State.

Today my son is 23 and PMB is president

What was it you said about 'appropriate age' ?

Joe

Sent from my iPhone

olaka...@aol.com

Oct 5, 2015, 3:48:41 PM10/5/15
to topc...@yahoo.com, africanw...@googlegroups.com, Cony...@africansuntimes.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, raay...@yahoogroups.com, niger...@yahoogroups.com, niger...@egroups.com, Naija...@googlegroups.com

It is a coded message to all Nigerians.

Know when to stop hustling.

Ronald Reagan assumed office after the age of 70 years.

Chairman Mao was still leading China when he was in his mid
70s.

Winston Churchill and numerous other world leaders were much more older
than PMB when they assumed office.

Joe Attueyi

Oct 5, 2015, 4:00:09 PM10/5/15
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, Cony...@africansuntimes.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, raay...@yahoogroups.com, niger...@yahoogroups.com, niger...@egroups.com, Naija...@googlegroups.com
So why should those 20 years younger than all these hustlers for power you listed take your message seriously?

If hustling @70 took them to the pinnacle of political power in their countries, then younger folks ought to hustle. Hustle is good!

Joe

Sent from my iPhone

Chika Onyeani

Oct 5, 2015, 4:26:15 PM10/5/15
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, Cony...@africansuntimes.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, raay...@yahoogroups.com, niger...@yahoogroups.com, nidan...@googlegroups.com, naijain...@googlegroups.com, niger...@egroups.com, USAAfric...@googlegroups.com
Ola,

As the Grand Lizard and oldest on these fora, I wouldn't want to say that I speak for us elders - 65 and beyond - at least the retirement age here in America.  Many of us passed that milestone a long time ago, but it has not stopped me from enjoying myself.  First, let me state categorically that I would never accept any position to work for a government headed by Gen. Muhammadu Buhari.  Mbaaa!!

My wife and I have been married for 45 years, and I doubt there is anybody who could say that wherever they see me that my wife is not with me.  We enjoy ourselves immensely, travel together all over the world especially to Africa.  And I thank God that my book, "Capitalist Nigger: The Road to Success," has made it possible for us to visit so many countries and meet so many people that I never dreamed I would have met.  These travels afford me the opportunity to write about these countries and its people, which I enjoy.  My old age, unlike Buhari who says he cannot perform at maximum strength because of age, has not stopped me from having a good life and enjoying the best, like traveling to Kenya next month, then going to Barbados to receive an award in early December, and then maybe just maybe, going to Nigeria to see the mess our President has made

So far as I am not demented, and I still have my full faculties, I don't see why I should not continue to write especially as I continue to get accolades and praises for affecting the lives of the youth, who are inspired by my writings.  I don't believe I am taking any young person's job or livelihood.  Remember the saying "age is only a number, it is what you do and how you live it that's important."

Thank you for caring about the elders; but you don't have to get there before having the greatest time of your life.  The adage should be "nobody knows the next minute," not "nobody knows tomorrow."

Chika Onyeani

Gregg Ukaegbu

Oct 5, 2015, 5:36:39 PM10/5/15
to NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, africanw...@googlegroups.com, Cony...@africansuntimes.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, raay...@yahoogroups.com, niger...@yahoogroups.com, niger...@egroups.com, olaka...@aol.com, Naija...@googlegroups.com

It depends on what a person wants to do with power when they find it.  Anyone you know presently who is angling for an appointment is doing so to become a glorified boyi-boyi.  Even in the US here, some people stop being anxious after 55, will say it as it is because they intend to impress no one.  Those intending to join the Nigerian government are not going to do some sort of stellar good but to serve the Master who brought them in.  Earlier in my career, I did lots of legislative work in Austin Texas.  Dress well, look good, seat behind power big shots to serve their interests and prevent them from making mistakes.  But they truly relied on your advice and made use of it, that’s the thing. You learned from their actions how to navigate in legislative environments and the art of wheeling and dealing, which is necessary for democracies to function well.  In Nigeria, people who do what I did, will be relegated to carrying Cell Phones.  Young geriatrics who are hungry for such positions are throwing people under the bus before the get there; imagine what if they get in.  Nobody wants anybody’s ideas in Nigeria—maybe a few are egalitarian enough to do so—but they want your ideas especially if you seem to smart for your britches.  Actually and truthfully, Nigerians prefer your respect more than anything you think you know.  You respect those guys for a long time up to the point they feel you could be trusted, it happens.  And you are in.  Got to watch it in Nigeria, trust is currency, you ain’t got it, you got nothing.  If you want to tempt fate in environment, run around telling people what others told you in private.  You won’t go far.  I thought Buhari was going to open up the flood gates to let all the young people who fawned and fainted when they see him to run in and usher in a Renaissance for Nigeria.  But he has been captured by the SameOld, SameOld, status quo.

                           *ezekwe*

Sent: Monday, October 5, 2015 3:43 PM
To: africanw...@googlegroups.com

__._,_.___

Posted by: Joe Attueyi <topc...@yahoo.com>

Messages in this topic (49)

Check out the automatic photo album with 6 photo(s) from this topic.
image1.GIFimage1.JPGimage1.GIFimage1.JPGimage1.GIF

.

__,_._,___

olaka...@aol.com

Oct 5, 2015, 5:53:25 PM10/5/15
to naija...@googlegroups.com, africanw...@googlegroups.com, Cony...@africansuntimes.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, raay...@yahoogroups.com, niger...@yahoogroups.com, niger...@egroups.com, Naija...@googlegroups.com

Pastor Joe:

The retirement age in Nigeria is 55 (if I remember correctly)-
an age that is too young to be realistic in this age when
human beings live well beyond 80 years.

I think I do make a
subconsciously, difference
between lusting for power and recognition--(e.g. wanting to become
the President, or Governor or to occupy any position
in government or in the private industry, a wish
 to build the greatest and most successful business
empire in the world, build the tallest building in the world
or achieve any objective in life or make the best mouse trap
ever conceived by fellow human beings) on the one hand--and hustling
just for the sake of it--(what I might call discretionary hustling) on the other.

The Taj Mahal might never have been built if it was left for only
the young folks to conceive of the idea and build this monument which
is listed as one of the 7 Wonders of the World.

I am quite aware that making such distinctions might not
 always be tenable. To each his own!

However, just like I would not have conceived lining up for hours at ages
40, 50, 60 or 70 to obtain an autograph from the latest celebrity (e.g. athlete, musician
or movie star) who
comes to visit my hometown Aiyepe, Ogun state,
Lagos, Nigeria or Toronto, Ontario Canada,
I would not expect any one much older to be still hustling for such
opportunities. This is what I mean by discretionary hustling!

I am not arguing that those older than middle age should take a back seat
and let the younger folks take over everything in sight--considering
the latter can always benefit from the experience of the former.

Bye,

Ola

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "NaijaEvent" group.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/naijaevent.

Yeye Rolling

Oct 5, 2015, 7:43:36 PM10/5/15
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, Chika Onyeani, Anunoby, Ogugua, usaafric...@googlegroups.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, raay...@yahoogroups.com, naijain...@googlegroups.com, niger...@yahoogroups.com
Professor:

I believe based on your past behavior of disclosing private Information shared with you in  private, you will likewise leak government information in similar manner if you  were given the unfortunate opportunity to serve in the Buhari Administration.   I personally believe you will disclose state secreat on ebay

Chika Onyeani

Oct 5, 2015, 8:24:49 PM10/5/15
to africanw...@googlegroups.com, cony...@africansuntimes.com, Anun...@lincolnu.edu, usaafric...@googlegroups.com, NIgerianW...@yahoogroups.com, NaijaP...@yahoogroups.com, omo...@yahoogroups.com, raay...@yahoogroups.com, naijain...@googlegroups.com, niger...@yahoogroups.com
Mobolaji (term of endearment)

You are a great son of Ekiti, and I love Ekiti people.  They have courage and you just exhibited the greatest courage.  Thank you.  Of course, as I have always told you, my admiration also goes to your great Governor Fayose, he has great courage just like you :-).

I believe Jonathan should be accorded the same kind of recognition that his ministers are getting in the international arena.  He made a great selection of people, and the world is recognizing these people.

Thank you for helping me get through to him.

Chika Onyeani

It is loading more messages.