Re: [forge-dev] PermGen with JBoss add-on

Daniel Cunha

Jan 27, 2015, 7:41:26 AM1/27/15
to forge-dev List, aesh...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jerr,

Do you have some log about it?

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 12:48 AM, Jérémie <j...@printstacktrace.org> wrote:
Hi all,

The problem is on the Aesh parser not in as7 ,  wildfly or tomee.

My little workaround is to add  space character in the command line like that :
as-setup --server wildfly8 --jvmargs " -Xms512m -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m"

Hope to provide a patch on aesh  forge integration, but this is not so easy.

Regards,
Jeremie.

Antonio,

Does the same PermGen error occur if you build the app, start AS7 manually from the native operating system, and deploy the application?

~Lincoln

On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 5:52 AM, Daniel Cunha <danie...@gmail.com> wrote:
Jerr,

try in 2.13.0.Final and 2.13.1-SNAPSHOT.

On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 2:38 AM, Jérémie <j...@printstacktrace.org> wrote:
Hi Daniel and Antonio,

After some debugging it seems that the UIInputMany<String> no longer working in version 2.12.13 in my case.

I will investigate on this.
I'll let you know.

Regards,
Jérémie.

+1

On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 12:34 PM, Antonio Goncalves <antonio....@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all,

The other day on #IRC I mentioned having PermGen issues with the JBossAS add-on. It's confirmed. During the HoL there are plenty of people who had the same issue : install the JBoss add-on, start wildfly 8.1, build the app, deploy it, go to the index.html page (fine), click on an Entity, bang ! PermGen

Alexis Hassler investigated it during the lab (see below). Basically, no matter what PermGen you set, it's not taken into account.

Again, I really think this add-on should be looked after carefully, it's very unstable.

Antonio

Feb 4, 2015, 7:32:20 PM2/4/15
to aesh...@googlegroups.com, forg...@lists.jboss.org
Hi Daniel,

I made a prototype with a test to explain the problem of parameters beginning with a "-".
https://github.com/aeshell/aesh/pull/147

Tell me if it suits or if I need to change something.
Do you need more explanation?

All your comments are welcome.

Regards,
Jeremie.

Daniel Cunha

Feb 5, 2015, 4:35:59 PM2/5/15
to aesh...@googlegroups.com, forge-dev List
Hi Jerr,

it seem good.
I like this: test  --foo  \"-X1 X2 -X3\" (A scape with "" sounds good for me)

For other case I prefer the old strategy, the OptionGroup as Stale talked:
- OptionGroup, is similar to OptionList, but support specific name for
  each attribute. eg if you have an optiongroup named 'X' you could do:
  -Xms=512m -Xmx=1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m

For now, we need to wait Stale agree and merge it.
I don't know if he will have time to see it this week, because he's in meeting, but he will receive the email notice. :)

Thank you Jerr! :D

Daniel Cunha (soro)