Fetch all client accounts under MCC

Orestis Rodriguez

Oct 4, 2019, 4:31:11 AM10/4/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi,

Is there a request similar to ListAccessibleCustomers to fetch all accessible customers in an MCC (customers of manager accounts owned by the MCC and so on)?

Regards,

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Oct 4, 2019, 4:07:01 PM10/4/19
to ore...@mediatool.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rodriguez,

If you're looking to retrieve the complete account hierarchy, you may use the customer_client which will return the accounts under a manager account. If you are looking to retrieve the customers directly accessible by the user authenticating the call, you may use the  ListAccessibleCustomers by specifying the manager account Ids. Please give this a try and let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,
Bharani, Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5001UKMAv9:ref

Orestis Rodriguez

Oct 5, 2019, 4:39:54 AM10/5/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Bharani,

Thank you for your answer. I started looking into the customer_client resource, and it does seem to give some interesting data. The customer link on that entity works fine (id, descriptive name etc..) and gives back info on the manager for each client, however I can't seem to get out any information about the customer_client, only level and client_customer.. the doc specifies that there is id, descriptive name and such on that resource..

What I would ultimately need is the id and descriptive name of each client for a manager, hierarchy included..

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Oct 7, 2019, 2:03:09 PM10/7/19
to ore...@mediatool.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rodriguez,

I'm glad that this was helpful. I ran a sample query below and was able to retrieve the descriptive name and other details using the customer_client resource. Please find the sample query below:

SELECT customer_client.client_customer, customer_client.hidden, customer_client.level, customer_client.descriptive_name, customer_client.id, customer_client.manager FROM customer_client

If you're having an issue, could you please share the request and response logs, so I can take a look as to why these accounts are missing the details? You can share the details privately via Reply privately to author option.

nazar pryymak

Oct 21, 2019, 6:27:43 AM10/21/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi  Bharani,

I am trying to get all customers from "GoogleAdsService" Ads API version 2 via query :
 SELECT
      customer
.id,
      customer_client
.id,
      customer_client
.descriptive_name
 FROM
      customer_client

after that I am able to get all acounts for production account.

But when I trying to execute same query for test account:

then I am receiving empty list.

Could you help me to resolve mention issue ?

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Oct 21, 2019, 3:27:43 PM10/21/19
to nazar...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hello Nazar,

Thank you for sharing the details. This is a known issue where the customer_client resource is currently not returning results for Test accounts. Our Engineering team is looking into this issue. I will keep you posted on the updates.

Regards,

Bharani, Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5001UKNwoy:ref

nazar pryymak

Oct 24, 2019, 4:25:56 PM10/24/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello Bharani,

Do you have some estimates wnhen mention issue will be fixed ? Few days or few weeks ?

Thanks,

Br,
Nazar

понеділок, 21 жовтня 2019 р. 22:27:43 UTC+3 користувач adsapiforumadvisor написав:

nazar pryymak

Nov 4, 2019, 8:37:30 AM11/4/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello,

Do you have some updates on this issue ?

Thanks,

Br,
Nazar

thuong le

May 19, 2020, 6:50:23 AM5/19/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Bharani,

Any update on this issue? Please let me know if we have any alternative for this issue, thank you!

thuong le

May 20, 2020, 8:34:30 AM5/20/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
I got the similar issue and I got response from Google Support that the issue is resolved but still, when querying on my test manager account

 SELECT
      customer
.id,
      customer_client
.id,
      customer_client
.descriptive_name
 FROM
      customer_client

It just returns an empty result (without any error), even though it does have a bunch of child accounts. My guess is, the result does not contain cancelled/closed accounts, which is the default status of each account and its child accounts (and this status cannot be changed anyway). Is it possible to get Account Hierarchy on a test account?

When I run the example from official document, this is the result

[2020-05-20T00:20:39.063082+07:00] google-ads.INFO: Request made: Host: "googleads.googleapis.com", Method: "/google.ads.googleads.v3.services.GoogleAdsService/Search", CustomerId: 9772414649, RequestId: "FPmgAVOwBjJ0T9d9BlVBKg", IsFault: 0, FaultMessage: "None"

object(Generator)#18812 (0) {

}

Unable to retrieve information for the following accounts which are likely either test accounts or accounts with setup issues. Please check the logs for details:

9772414649

Is there anything that I missed or an alternative solution?

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

May 20, 2020, 12:50:15 PM5/20/20
to thuong...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Thuong,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Have you followed these steps for calling the hierarchy under your manager account? I took a look at your logs and it looks like you called this on a child account. Could you try your query again on your top level manager account? If you're still encountering issues, could you provide me with your new request and response log for the result you get?

Thank you,
Bryan, Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q1zqc57:ref
Message has been deleted

thuong le

May 20, 2020, 11:50:37 PM5/20/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Bryan,
Thank you for your reply, I double check it again and I can confirm that I used top level manager account for retrieve the hierarchy (9772414649 is my manager account id). The request and response log is the same, so could you please my request id and the response again? Thank you!

➜ php examples/AccountManagement/GetAccountHierarchy.php

[2020-05-21T10:48:37.024631+07:00] google-ads.INFO: Request made: Host: "googleads.googleapis.com", Method: "/google.ads.googleads.v3.services.GoogleAdsService/Search", CustomerId: 9772414649, RequestId: "GtBNwJwzctE2WfiYYSIKwA", IsFault: 0, FaultMessage: "None"

object(Generator)#18812 (0) {

}

Unable to retrieve information for the following accounts which are likely either test accounts or accounts with setup issues. Please check the logs for details:

9772414649

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

May 21, 2020, 1:32:51 PM5/21/20
to thuong...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Thuong,

I'll take a look at this internally with my team and get back to you as soon a possible.

Danil Antonov

Mar 15, 2024, 8:21:44 AMMar 15
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Any updates here? The same issue

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Mar 19, 2024, 3:14:16 PMMar 19
to antonovd...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hi Danil,

This thread is 4 years old. Could you please open a new thread with the relevant logs?

Regards
Anash

ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q01zqc57:ref