Documentation required for different Views

cv

Aug 9, 2019, 6:46:54 AM8/9/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi,

Is there any documentations available for details when to use which view.

No details available for views.

Thanks,

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Aug 9, 2019, 1:25:35 PM8/9/19
to chirag....@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hello Chirag,

You could refer this migration guide to see which AdWords API report matches to which resource in the Google Ads API. Also, this guide to know which AdWords API report maps to which view in the UI. The account_budget view gives the details of the account level budgets in general. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,
Sai Teja, Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5001UEIVZ1:ref

cv

Aug 10, 2019, 4:09:17 AM8/10/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Yes,

I have already gone through it.

But that is not enough.
I have points to denied above
1) If you can see Adwords API and Google Ads API you can see that there clearly mention that Placement Report can be used for Automatic, Manage and Excluded Placements.
But here we cannot assume that Adgroup criteria view only can possible to get all excluded data
2) To get Autoamtic placements we can have group placement report
3) Old placement reports can have metrics but here adgroup criteria view cannot have metrics.

There is so many other things that can only be corrected while asking question to this forums.

So strong documentation is missing.
I can know that the particular resource will do what.

Thanks,

cv

Aug 13, 2019, 12:12:34 AM8/13/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi,

Any Insight on this?

Thanks,

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Aug 13, 2019, 1:20:47 AM8/13/19
to chirag....@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi cv,

Is there a particular report type(s) you are interested in migrating from AdWords API to Google Ads API?
Knowing this can help use better address your question.

Thanks,
Fei, Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5001UEIVZ1:ref

cv

Aug 13, 2019, 6:40:11 AM8/13/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum

Hi,

Yes I was looking at

AgeRange Report,
Managed Placement Report,
Automatic Placement Reports,
Campaign Criteria Report.
Gender Performance Report

currently.

After this I was moving to get some Adgroup and Campaign Criteria like Ad Schedule, Ip, Location, Device.

Thanks,

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Aug 14, 2019, 4:33:48 AM8/14/19
to chirag....@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hi Chirag,

We have documentation on how to map previous report fields in AdWords API to the new Google Ads API fields.
You can find the mapping for the five report types you mentioned here:

Age Range:
https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/docs/migration/reports#age_range_performance

Placement Performance Report
https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/docs/migration/reports#placement_performance

Automatic Performance Report
https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/docs/migration/reports#automatic_placements_performance

Campaign Criteria Report
https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/docs/migration/reports#campaign_criteria

Gender Performance Report
https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/docs/migration/reports#gender_performance

Thanks,
Fei, Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5001UEIVZ1:ref

cv

Aug 14, 2019, 6:54:54 AM8/14/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Fei,

Yes, I seen that links under Migration.

But that documentation is not enough.

Like we have details documentation which fields can be used where that is missing here.

For example Lets say I need to use Placement Performance Report same as Adwords API

Under Adwords API we have details decription
For e.g Adwords API have Detail explanation

To differentiate between managed, automatic, and excluded placements:

  • Managed placements will have IsNegative = FALSE and Id not equal to two dashes (--). If you are only interested in managed placements, add IsNegative = FALSE AND Id > 0 to your request.
  • Automatic placements will have IsNegative = FALSE and Id equal to two dashes (--). If you are only interested in automatic placements, consider using the AUTOMATIC_PLACEMENTS_PERFORMANCE_REPORT instead.
  • Excluded placements will have IsNegative = TRUE and Id not equal to two dashes (--). If you are only interested in excluded placements, add IsNegative = TRUE AND Id > 0 to your request.

But Google Ads API has nothing. Only Services/Resources which has no explanation for the fields. I only came to know which Services needs to use after contacting Google Ads API Forum.
Like How I can get excluded placements, Automatic Placements with metrics, Devices data etc.

2) If I need to use CRITERIA_PERFORMANCE_REPORT there is no mapping to Google Ads API or there is no other way I can use.