Hotel Performance View does not have segmentation by user country

Joao Martins

Jun 25, 2019, 5:28:40 PM6/25/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
I can't find a way of getting to segment hotel performance (impressions, clicks, etc.) from hotel performance view by user country - that functionality is crucial on reporting and it's something provided by Google Hotel Ads and it's something we can see in the Google Ads dashboard.

Could you please point out where can I get this segmentation from?

SELECT
 campaign
.id,
 campaign
.name,

 segments
.date,
 segments
.device,
 segments
.hotel_booking_window_days,
 segments
.hotel_check_in_date,
 segments
.hotel_date_selection_type,
 segments
.hotel_check_in_day_of_week,
 segments
.hotel_country, -- its not user country!!!
 segments
.hotel_length_of_stay,

 segments
.partner_hotel_id,

 metrics
.average_position,
 metrics
.cost_micros,
 metrics
.impressions,
 metrics
.search_impression_share,
 metrics
.clicks,
 metrics
.conversions

 FROM
 hotel_performance_view

 WHERE
 segments
.date DURING LAST_30_DAYS

Thanks!

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Jun 26, 2019, 5:31:26 AM6/26/19
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Joao,

The "user country" field for hotel ads reporting is currently not supported. You may continue to follow our blog for announcements regarding this specific field.

Thanks and regards,
Peter
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5001UCZUjc:ref

Joao Martins

Jun 27, 2019, 5:11:30 PM6/27/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
I can see geo_target_country was added in the v2 of hotel_performance_view

The problem is, my query (see first post) does not work with hotel_performance_view anymore because of the following error:

Error: 3 INVALID_ARGUMENT: The following pairs of fields may not be selected together: 'segments.geo_target_country' and 'segments.hour'

Does it mean you can't query geo_target_country performance hourly or it's something will support soon?

Thanks

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Jun 30, 2019, 1:46:05 PM6/30/19
to joao.m...@triptease.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Joao,

I'm following up with the Hotel Ads team to see if this restriction was intentional. I'll update this discussion as soon as I have more information from them.

Thanks,
Josh, Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5001UCZUjc:ref

Joao Martins

Jul 8, 2019, 2:40:31 PM7/8/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi there,

any follow up on this?

Thanks

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Jul 8, 2019, 3:08:56 PM7/8/19
to joao.m...@triptease.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Joao,

I don't have any updates to share just yet, but the Hotel Ads team is looking into what it will take to support segmenting by both segments.geo_target_country and segments.hour in a future version of the Google Ads API. I'll update this thread as soon as I have more information.