Display Ad Images / Preview Using Google Ads API Beta

James Grace

Mar 5, 2020, 5:01:27 PM3/5/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
I'm trying to get access to Display Ad images via the Google Ads API.  At the moment, my code doesn't seem to be working for certain ads.  As near as I can tell from my debugging efforts so far, the issue is that it's not working for HTML5 ads.

Here is the query I'm using :

SELECT
ad_group.name,
campaign.name,
ad_group_ad.ad.responsive_display_ad.logo_images,
ad_group_ad.ad.responsive_display_ad.marketing_images,
ad_group_ad.ad.image_ad.preview_image_url,
ad_group_ad.ad.image_ad.image_url
FROM
ad_group_ad
WHERE
campaign.advertising_channel_type = \'DISPLAY\'
LIMIT
100

For accounts using HTML5 ads, there is nothing returned for any of the last (4) fields. For other accounts, I'm using the "ad_group_ad.ad.image_ad.image_url" field to get the ad image.

What am I missing?

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Mar 6, 2020, 10:57:30 AM3/6/20
to ja...@wizely.us, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi James,

The reason you are not seeing these fields populated for your display/HTML5 ads is because the fields are specific to other ad types. responsive_display_ads are specific to responsive display ads and image_ads are for the old image ad type.

Regards,
Anthony
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5001UXUHXi:ref