Audience list sharing to client accounts

Dhruv Jagetiya

May 7, 2020, 3:15:17 AM5/7/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum

Hi,

Our use case is that we want to share multiple audiences available in our manager account to a few of our clients. These clients can have more managers.

How do we ensure that our clients never enable sharing of audience to their managers in setting? Or if they do, we could run a cron(via API or scripts) every few minutes and identify if they are sharing our audiences and disable sharing audience to them.

  1. I couldn't find any API/script that could help me change "Audience manager account" (Inside sub-account settings).
  2. I couldn't find any API/script that could get me "Remarketing list access" setting for my child account?

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

May 7, 2020, 11:14:38 AM5/7/20
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dhruv,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I see that you're having issues with remarketing lists and have two concerns. I will address them below.

1. I couldn't find any API/script that could help me change "Audience manager account" (Inside sub-account settings).
Could you clarify what you mean by "change audience manager account"? Are you referring to changing who's the owner of the user list?

2. I couldn't find any API/script that could get me "Remarketing list access" setting for my child account?
If you're referring to seeing what is the user list access you've been granted for your child account, you can use AdWordsUserListService to get accessReason to see what access you've been given.

On your question on whether child accounts can share userlists if they've been shared a userlist, you may want to refer to this documentation and reach out to the Product Support Team if this is possible in the UI as it is not possible in the API. If you would like to find whether there are Scripts from Google Ads Scripts you can run for this function, you can reach out to them here. Let me know if you have further questions.

Thank you,
Bryan, Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q1zKdA7:ref

Dhruv Jagetiya

May 8, 2020, 1:11:22 AM5/8/20

On Thursday, May 7, 2020 at 8:44:38 PM UTC+5:30, adsapiforumadvisor wrote:
Hi Dhruv,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I see that you're having issues with remarketing lists and have two concerns. I will address them below.

1. I couldn't find any API/script that could help me change "Audience manager account" (Inside sub-account settings).
Could you clarify what you mean by "change audience manager account"? Are you referring to changing who's the owner of the user list?

Screenshot 2020-05-08 at 10.32.11 AM.png

   I am referring to changing this setting. Can I change if my client receive Audience list or not programatically through Google ADs API? You can find above setting in Settings -> Account SubSettings

2. I couldn't find any API/script that could get me "Remarketing list access" setting for my child account?
If you're referring to seeing what is the user list access you've been granted for your child account, you can use AdWordsUserListService to get accessReason to see what access you've been given.

Here, I am referring to this:

Screenshot 2020-05-08 at 10.39.26 AM.png

Can I get this setting programatically for my child accounts? Using Google ADs API?

Dhruv Jagetiya

May 8, 2020, 1:12:49 AM5/8/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
I would like to re-iterate my use case. I just want to ensure my client accounts do no re-share Audience list that I share as a manager to them. That's why I want to get these settings to keep a check on my client accounts that they are not violating our policy.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

May 8, 2020, 1:49:08 PM5/8/20
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dhruv,

Thank you for the update. You'll find my response to your questions below.

1. This does not look possible in Google Ads API using UserListService.

2. You're not able to toggle this in Google Ads API, but you can see this from using UserListService and getting the UserList to see Access Reason.

On your question on whether child accounts can share userlists if they've been shared a userlist, you may want to refer to this documentation and reach out to the Product Support Team if this is possible in the UI as it is not possible in the API. I'll requests for these features to be included in Google Ads API. In the meantime, you can follow our blog for updates on this feature.