AuthorizationError.CUSTOMER_NOT_ACTIVE

Caihua Du

May 31, 2018, 12:48:25 PM5/31/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi there,

We suddenly to see many " AuthorizationError.CUSTOMER_NOT_ACTIVE" errors when calling AdWords API, and this happened to many different customers.

Is there any ongoing authorizations issue from AdWords side? Or anything we have changed to authorize API call?

Thanks,
Caihua.

Stefano Fontana

May 31, 2018, 1:36:31 PM5/31/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Same here,

We get AuthorizationError.CUSTOMER_NOT_ACTIVE when trying to access a specific MCC via the API.
This MCC contains 3 accounts, 2 are "paused" and another the other one is running (getting impressions/clicks).
The error appeared for the first time around 20 hours ago (for us).

Also when invoking the CustomerService

service = client.GetService('ManagedCustomerService') // client is instantiated using our top mcc
        selector = {
            'fields': [
                'CustomerId',
                'Name',
                'CanManageClients',
                'AccountLabels',
            ],
 }
 data = service.get(selector)

we get
, (ManagedCustomerLink){
  managerCustomerId = 1569104593
  clientCustomerId = 4290407727
  isHidden = False
}, (ManagedCustomerLink){
  managerCustomerId = 1569104593
  clientCustomerId = 7677777954
  isHidden = False
}, (ManagedCustomerLink){
  managerCustomerId = 1569104593
  clientCustomerId = 2268933076
  isHidden = False
},
the problem is that there is no

{
managerCustomerId= THEPARENTMCC
clientCustomerId = 1569104593
}

also when trying to access 1569104593 directly we get the error "AuthorizationError.CUSTOMER_NOT_ACTIVE"

Please take a look at this.

Milind Sankeshware (AdWords API Team)

May 31, 2018, 5:25:56 PM5/31/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi,

I am afraid, if the AdWords account reaches 15 months without any spend, it will be canceled. If the target account that you are making your API calls against is not active then you are likely to get AuthorizationError.CUSTOMER_NOT_ACTIVE error. Please check the blog for more details about automatically canceled accounts. Could you please share the compete SOAP request and response so that I can troubleshoot the issue? Please use Reply privately to author option while responding.

Thanks,
Milind, AdWords API Team.

Stefano Fontana

Jun 1, 2018, 4:26:44 AM6/1/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Thanks for you answer Milind, however in my previous message I specified that the MCC contains an account that is actively delivering ads so there clearly something wrong.
Will provide logs privately.

Soufiane Ghzal

Jun 4, 2018, 2:02:10 PM6/4/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi,

Are there any further details on this issue? We are getting the same one with multiple customer that do have activity on their accounts.

MT

Jun 4, 2018, 2:26:11 PM6/4/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
We are seeing the same with many of our users, please look into this.

Alon Diamant

Jun 4, 2018, 3:43:16 PM6/4/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
We're also receiving this error, with many users, among them a Google Account which is linked to an MA (valid, active) and a CA (in setup). The MA is not returned, instead - an HTTP 500 error is returned.

Milind Sankeshware (AdWords API Team)

Jun 4, 2018, 4:04:02 PM6/4/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi,

If the API calls are being made against an account which is cancelled, those calls will fail with the error as described in this blog post. If this is not the case, could you please share the SOAP logs of the failing API call along with the email Id of the user making this call?

Soufiane Ghzal

Jun 4, 2018, 4:07:43 PM6/4/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Milind,

On my side I'm not able to send you any details concerning the account id. I'm repported that someone with admin access in the MCC account wont be able to call getCustomers method. Does it help? I more looking in a general fix because it's affecting a lot of our users.

Alon Diamant

Jun 4, 2018, 4:10:04 PM6/4/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
We're doing the most basic of calls:

adwordsClient = getAdwordsClient(refreshToken, clientCustomerId=None)
customerService = adwordsClient.GetService('CustomerService', version='v201802')
accounts = customerService.getCustomers()

which is just getting a list of customer accounts, without setting the clientCustomerId.

The situation is:
1. Normal Google user (Gmail)
2. Has an MA which is active, valid and managing a CA
3. Has a CA which is "In Setup" and has been for weeks now, setup was aborted.

Making the request above causes the CUSTOMER_NOT_ACTIVE error.

I'm sending the SOAP logs in private.

Alon

Soufiane Ghzal

Jun 4, 2018, 4:13:06 PM6/4/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
We are in the exact same case as Alon reported. No customer id specified, working account. If you have any details under those conditions, I would be grateful you to share the fix in public rather than in private.

Thanks

Tiana S.

Jun 5, 2018, 5:23:03 AM6/5/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
We are also seeing this behavior for active accounts, none are cancelled. There are several threads open about this issue with people describing the same behavior, so it really seems something is going wrong on your side...

Stefano Fontana

Jun 5, 2018, 5:31:50 AM6/5/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi,

Our AdWords Support Contact is looking into the issue.
He said that it was deactivated manually by one of our account managers which I find very unlikely (yet possible), unfortunately there is no history for this kind of actions.
Also we cannot set it back to active ourselves and are waiting for our adwords contact to find a solution.

Will share future progress here if no solution is given.

Soufiane Ghzal

Jun 5, 2018, 5:34:59 AM6/5/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Stefano,

thanks for the feedback, that's appreciated. Indeed it looks very weird that customers all arround the world start to deactivate their account at the same period of time.

Hopefully they will fix it in times.

Alon Diamant

Jun 5, 2018, 5:40:43 AM6/5/18
to sgh...@gmail.com, AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
I am pretty sure that is their #1 priority.
I mean, the top 5 posts in the message group all report the same thing..
I have sent them SOAP logs yesterday, here's hoping for a positive update soon.

Alon Diamant
CTO, Selectom
w:www.selectom.com

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/c292da88-c7cc-429e-98cf-819230bc95a5%40googlegroups.com.

Stefano Fontana

Jun 5, 2018, 5:46:39 AM6/5/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Got an update literally 2 minutes ago.
Google reactivated our account and now it works again for us.
Unfortunately we are still waiting to know why it was deactivated in the first place.

For more options, visit this group at
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum" group.

Milind Sankeshware (AdWords API Team)

Jun 5, 2018, 10:14:05 AM6/5/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello All,

Thanks for sharing the logs. Our team is currently looking into this. I will keep you posted on the updates when I hear from the team. In the meantime, please ensure that the user making the API call has access to at least one active account. If the only account the specific user has access to is canceled, the CustomerService.getCustomers() will fail which is the expected behavior. Also, if an API call is being made against a target account which is currently canceled, the API call is expected to fail.

Milind Sankeshware (AdWords API Team)

Jun 5, 2018, 3:50:30 PM6/5/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Alon,

We have an update from our team, there was an issue which is currently resolved. Could you please try your CustomerService.getCustomers() request again and let me know if you are facing issues?

Soufiane Ghzal

Jun 5, 2018, 3:58:02 PM6/5/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Milin,

I'm not Alon that you addressed your message to, but nevermind. I confirm it works now, at least for the account I could test, so I guess it should work for all. Thanks for the work that's appreciated.

Eric Wee

Sep 4, 2018, 5:13:38 AM9/4/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Milind

I understood this issue was raised back in Jun '18 and marked as resolved.

However, I just hit this issue with one of our client's accounts with the error below.

AdwordsApi::Errors::ReportXmlError: #<AdwordsApi::Errors::ReportXmlError: HTTP code: 400, error type: "AuthorizationError.CUSTOMER_NOT_ACTIVE", trigger: "<null>", field path: ''>

AFAIK the client has not being running ads since Jan '18 which I wouldn't think is the cause of the issue.

Is there something I need to check on their account? How do I fix this issue?

Thanks.

Milind Sankeshware (AdWords API Team)

Sep 4, 2018, 10:50:36 AM9/4/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Eric,

If your client reaches 15 months without any spend, it will be canceled. If the target account that they are making their API calls against is not active then they are likely to get AuthorizationError.CUSTOMER_NOT_ACTIVE error. Could you please share the compete SOAP request and response logs along with the client customer id so that I can troubleshoot the issue? You can use ' Reply privately to author' while responding.

Vizergy

Sep 21, 2018, 8:29:13 AM9/21/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Milind,

My application is also experiencing this issue intermittently as well.  Usually if I re-run the application a few hours later it will work the next time.  This intermittent issue also began for us starting on 9/4/2018 and definitely appears to be an issue with the mcService.get(oAccountSelector) method returning inactive accounts.  Please advise.  Thank you.

Google.Api.Ads.AdWords.Util.Reports.AdWordsReportsException: AdWordsReportsException: One or more AdWords Report download errors have occurred.

AuthorizationError.CUSTOMER_NOT_ACTIVE. (Error: AuthorizationError.CUSTOMER_NOT_ACTIVE, FieldPath: , Trigger: <null>)

Error Type: AuthorizationError.CUSTOMER_NOT_ACTIVE Field Path:  Trigger: <null> AccountId: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Vizergy

Sep 21, 2018, 8:36:33 AM9/21/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Now today (9/21/2018) the error just continually occurs even when I try to re-run my application so I am not able to workaround the issue.  Please advise.  I will try and re-run the application in a few hours to see if it is resolved then.

Vizergy

Sep 21, 2018, 11:32:51 AM9/21/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
I was eventually able to run my application again later this morning (9/21/2018) so the issue does still appear to be intermittent.  Can this issue still be investigated and fixed?  Thank you.

Milind Sankeshware (AdWords API Team)

Sep 21, 2018, 12:18:43 PM9/21/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi,

If you are making the API call against a canceled account, you are expected to get the CUSTOMER_NOT_ACTIVE error. Could you please share the complete SOAP request and response along with the client customer id so that I can troubleshoot the issue? You can use 'Reply privately to author' option while responding.

weiyu lu

Sep 25, 2018, 7:48:11 AM9/25/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi,
Can i use API to check whether the account is active or not? i mean not using "try..catch..." to capture the exception.

Laura Höß

Sep 25, 2018, 12:27:48 PM9/25/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Milind,

we have the same problem here. We are using a manager account with many different customer accounts, some of them active, some of them inactive.
Can you check that? What would you need?

Milind Sankeshware (AdWords API Team)

Sep 25, 2018, 2:13:14 PM9/25/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi,

You won't be able to get the cancelled (inactive) account in the response. The calls against an inactive account will fail via the API. The ManagedCustomerService.get only returns active accounts. If a specific account is not there in that list, you can conclude that it is an inactive account

Milind Sankeshware (AdWords API Team)

Sep 25, 2018, 4:16:53 PM9/25/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Laura,

The status of the account 382-526-9527 is cancelled. As you are making the TargetingIdeaService.get call and downloading the report against the cancelled account, you are expected to get the CUSTOMER_NOT_ACTIVE error. For more information please refer this blog

Laura Höß

Sep 26, 2018, 6:18:02 AM9/26/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Thank you! Now it is working again!

Milind Sankeshware (AdWords API Team)

Sep 26, 2018, 11:27:06 AM9/26/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Laura,

Are you saying that the API call succeeded for a cancelled account? If yes, could please share the SOAP request and response along with the client customer id so that I can troubleshoot the issue. Please use reply privately to author while sharing the logs.

Wyatt Benno

Jan 8, 2020, 11:39:55 PM1/8/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
I am having the same issue here.

service = adwords_client.GetService('ManagedCustomerService')
selector = {
  'fields': ['CustomerId']
}
data = service.get(selector)

AuthorizationError.CUSTOMER_NOT_ACTIVE

We are using an MCC account and it is active. Not sure why it does not simply list the connected customer ids.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Jan 9, 2020, 10:46:46 AM1/9/20
to wyatt...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hi Wyatt,

Thanks for reaching out. Could you check if you have specified the client customer id in the file? Could you give it a try and let me know if the issue still persists?

Thanks and regards,
Xiaoming, Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5001USvwVp:ref