CustomerService.getCustomers documentation needs fixing

Florian Lherbette

Sep 16, 2016, 12:11:06 PM9/16/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

CustomerService.getCustomers() does not work as documented.

Old forums threads were quoting the docs, but I find more recent threads saying that without a customer ID header the method behaves like the old CustomerService.get (returning the main account for the authenticated user), and that it currently always returns a single account is the list.

The documentation issue has already been pointed out in https://groups.google.com/d/topic/adwords-api/DLjJjPBEeeE/discussion , but has not even been acknowledged in this discussion.

Please please fix this, I probably won't be the last one to fall into this trap.

Besides, the SOAP API reference and the developer guide does not seem to agree, the former says that the behaviour changed since v201605, the latter says it's since v201607:

Vishal Vinayak (Adwords API Team)

Sep 16, 2016, 4:52:52 PM9/16/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Florian,

The significant difference between v201605.CustomerService and v201607.CustomerService is that v201607 does not support the get method. Regarding getCustomers method, you are correct. It works like the get method in v201605 CustomerService. Please continue to use the getCustomers method like the old get method.

Also, thanks for bringing the documentation issue to notice. I'll work with my team and get that fixed.

Regards,
Vishal, AdWords API Team

Vishal Vinayak (Adwords API Team)

Sep 23, 2016, 9:53:04 AM9/23/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Florian,

Just to update, over the next few days, you should be able to use the v201607.CustomerService.getCustomers() method as documented here. Please let me know if you face any issues.

Vishal Vinayak (Adwords API Team)

Oct 21, 2016, 2:30:11 PM10/21/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Florian,

I just wanted to give you a final heads up on the issue. As mentioned in our blog post, you can now use one Google login to access multiple AdWords accounts. As a result, CustomerService.getCustomers can now return you multiple accounts associated with the email address. In case you face any issues while using this feature, please feel free to revert on this thread.