Search-query and item level report for Shopping Campaign

Krešimir Slugan

Oct 16, 2016, 10:32:08 PM10/16/16
to AdWords API Forum

Is it possible to pull data from API on item (product) level that would also contain search term that triggered Shopping Campaign (PLA) ad for that product on certain day. In other words, I'm looking for report that would be aggregated on item, search query and day level (or any lower level - e.g. click). I would like to know how certain products perform in combination with some keywords in my campaigns.
So far I can see:
  •  Shopping Performance Report
  •  Search Query Performance Report

First one doesn't have search queries inside and second doesn't have products. Any idea how to get this data?

Peter Oliquino

Oct 17, 2016, 2:28:48 AM10/17/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Kresimir,

There is currently no way that I know of that you can relate product level information to the search query statistics. You may, however, try generating the Ad Performance Report and try filtering using the PRODUCT_AD as value of the AdType field. Then using the Id field of the Ad Performance Report, you may then match it with the CreativeId field of the Search Query Performance Report. The results that will be returned by this will be the search terms that triggered the product ad.

Let me know if this helps.

Best regards,
Peter Laurence N. Oliquino
AdWords API Team

kresimi...@contorion.de

Oct 26, 2016, 10:41:21 AM10/26/16
to AdWords API Forum
Unfortunately, this doesn't work for me. This would give me results aggregated on ad, search query and day level...in our case Ad level is above item level.

I need to connect somehow OfferId from Shopping Performance Report with Query from Search Query Performance Report

Peter Oliquino

Oct 26, 2016, 11:29:12 PM10/26/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Kresimir,

My apologies for not being clear in my previous response, however, relating Shopping Performance statistics to the Search Query Performance report at the product level is not currently supported. You may follow our blog for any future updates or announcements.

Best regards,
Peter
AdWords API Team

kresimi...@contorion.de

Oct 31, 2016, 9:38:38 AM10/31/16
to AdWords API Forum

Hi Peter,

Thanks for clarifying that.

Best,
Kresimir

Deepa Varma

Aug 17, 2017, 1:38:33 AM8/17/17
to AdWords API Forum

Helloo,

          Do we have any update about this ?

Peter Oliquino

Aug 17, 2017, 2:14:44 AM8/17/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Deepa,

In regards to relating the two report types at the product level, it is still currently not supported. Please continue to follow our blog for updates.