Streaming conversions?

Level 2 Designs

May 25, 2018, 6:21:49 AM5/25/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello,

I'm currently working with the AdWords API and were exploring some possible functionality. Specifically, we'd like to notify a user when someone clicks-to-call on one of their ads. This would be after we have completed the OAuth flow for their AdWords account and have a valid token with permissions. Doing this via polling has a lot of drawbacks, so I'm hoping to find a way to get this functionality via either streaming or webhooks, and I can't find much about support for either. There is technically a way to download reports as a stream, but it's just for processing by chunks rather than feeding live data.

Is there any way besides polling to get live data from AdWords?

Level 2 Designs

May 25, 2018, 6:21:49 AM5/25/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum

Dhanya Sundararaju (AdWords API Team)

May 25, 2018, 1:44:09 PM5/25/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi,

I am afraid, you will not be able get live data from AdWords via reports as your account statistics (such as clicks, conversions and impressions) are delayed by less than three hours and Conversions attributed using attribution models other than “Last click” are typically delayed by an additional 12 hours. Furthermore, all extension clicks generate a GCLID and you can extract the stats for the GCLID by using the CLICK_PERFORMANCE report and look for the corresponding rows where clicktype is 'CALLS'. You may also check out the Phone call conversions section in the linked guide. However, you will not be able to map a GCLID to the corresponding call. With Click Performance Report, you will be able to map the GCLID to it's Ad but narrowing it down further will not be possible. I would recommend you to post your question on the Advertisers community forum to see if the product experts there have any suggestions.

Regards,
Dhanya, AdWords API Team