Problem about rate exceeded error

노각민

Jan 15, 2019, 6:07:42 AM1/15/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello,
I'm using adwords api to request for ad data.

We have about 40 accounts, and send request three times at different time per day for every accounts,
In other words, we send 40 requests at one time, and send another 40 request after few hours later, all 3 times everyday.
We know that there is limit for request rate, so we made 20 seconds interval for every request.

But recently, rate exceeded error occurs in every request, we cannot receive any correct response for our request, and after several hours, the error does not disappear, how can we solve this problem, or modify our request code

Thanks
Message has been deleted

googleadsapi...@google.com

Jan 15, 2019, 2:12:19 PM1/15/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi,

In AdWords API, we do not have a fixed Queries per second limit. Instead, the rate limits can fluctuate based on different variables, including server load. Please refer this section of guide for better clarity. If you are hitting Rate exceeded error with ACCOUNT scope rate limit, you will need to slow down and take control as elaborated in this section of the guide. If you are getting DEVELOPER scope rate limit, it implies that the daily limit of requests has been reached that is, with Basic access, you will be able to make only 1000 report downloads and 10,000 operations in a day. To execute an unlimited number of operations and report requests per day, you can apply for Standard access by filling out the application form as mentioned in this section of the guide. Please note that the Account rate limits will still apply.

Regards,
Dhanya, AdWords API Team
    http://googleadsdeveloper.blogspot.com/search/label/adwords_api
    https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/community/

Was your question answered? Please rate your experience with us by taking a short survey.
If not -- reply to this email and tell us what else we can do to help.

Take Survey