Display campaign marketing objectives via API

veseo

Nov 27, 2015, 10:04:11 AM11/27/15
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

can we specify Marketing objectives (https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6175956?hl=en#compare) via the API? I checked the Release notes, nothing is mentioned there about them. I checked out The Campaign settings too - advertisingChannelSubType seemed to be the closest thing to a Marketing objective, but after creating a Display campaign with a marketing objective via the interface and downloading it via the API, it seems not to be the case.

So, is this feature still too new to be manipulated via the API? If yes, is there an ETA of its implementation?

Umesh Dengale

Nov 30, 2015, 2:59:28 PM11/30/15
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

The campaign with the Marking objectives feature is available in the AdWords product side. Currently, the AdWords API does not support this feature. We can't comment on any future features of the AdWords API. Please watch our blog for any updates or announcements.

Thanks,
Umesh, AdWords API Team.

veseo

Dec 1, 2015, 5:00:22 AM12/1/15
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

thanks for your answer!

Arnab Gogoi

May 17, 2018, 5:49:02 PM5/17/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Umesh,

I have the same question. Is the answer still the same now in 2018? Are we still unable to pull the Marketing Objective of a Campaign via the API?

Peter Oliquino (AdWords API Team)

May 17, 2018, 11:48:20 PM5/17/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
 Hi Arnab,

Setting up and retrieving marketing objectives is still not supported via the AdWords API and is currently only supported in the AdWords UI. You may follow our blog for any updates regarding this.

Also, since this is already a very old thread, I would recommend that you create a new one should you have any follow up clarifications regarding the AdWords API.

Thanks and regards,
Peter
AdWords API Team