Some keywords get no results from TargetingIdeaService

Aviv Oron

Dec 28, 2017, 12:32:19 PM12/28/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hey,

Im trying to get keyword stats data using TargetingIdeaService.
For some keywords, the response is empty! (totalNumEntries=0)
For example, for the keyword "bullfight" ill get an empty page, and for keyword "catfight" ill get proper results.
Those keywords I'm failing to get results for, DO have data when I'm querying the web client!

This is how i build the selector:

selector = {
'searchParameters': [
{
'xsi_type': 'RelatedToQuerySearchParameter',
'queries': ['bullfight']
},
{
'xsi_type': 'NetworkSearchParameter',
'networkSetting': {
'targetGoogleSearch': True,
'targetSearchNetwork': False,
'targetContentNetwork': False,
'targetPartnerSearchNetwork': False
}
}
],
'ideaType': 'KEYWORD',
'requestType': 'STATS',
'requestedAttributeTypes': [
'COMPETITION', 'AVERAGE_CPC', 'KEYWORD_TEXT', 'SEARCH_VOLUME'
],
'paging': {
'startIndex':
'0',
'numberResults': '100'
}
}

Hope someone can help with this issue :)
Thanks!
Aviv

Bharani Cherukuri (AdWords API Team)

Dec 28, 2017, 2:41:40 PM12/28/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hello Aviv,

I was able to retrieve keyword ideas for these keywords both through the API and the UI. Could you enable logging and provide us the SOAP request and response logs for the discrepancy, so I can take a closer look? Please use Reply privately to author option to share the details.

Regards,
Bharani, AdWords API Team

Aviv Oron

Jan 2, 2018, 6:16:38 PM1/2/18
to AdWords API Forum
Replied privately :) Thanks!

Andres Tobar

Jan 10, 2018, 5:55:25 PM1/10/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Aviv,

Were you able to get this issue resolved? I'm having the same exact issue with my setup at the moment.

Thanks,
Andres

Aviv Oron

Jan 11, 2018, 2:41:51 AM1/11/18
to AdWords API Forum
Nope :(
Im still waiting for an update from adwords API team, i was told the issue was passed to engineering...

Nadine Sundquist (AdWords API Team)

Jan 11, 2018, 9:37:17 AM1/11/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hello AdWordsians,

My apologies for not posting back here on the progress. This is a general ongoing issue where there are words or phrases that are returning stats in the UI, but not through the API. There appears to be a stricter filter that causes certain phrases to not show up in the API. I am actively working with the rest of my team in trying to find the exact source of the issue that is causing this. I'll post back here when we have more information.

Regards,
Nadine, AdWords API Team

Nadine Sundquist (AdWords API Team)

Feb 2, 2018, 5:23:55 PM2/2/18
to AdWords API Forum
Greetings AdWordsians,

I have wonderful news! Things should now be working as expected where the results from the UI should now match the results from the API. If you experience any more issue with this, please get back to me.

Thanks,
Nadine, AdWords API Team