Getting "--" in instead of an empty tracking URL

Edward Bells

Sep 18, 2016, 8:32:34 AM9/18/16
to AdWords API Forum, hamed....@sizmek.com
Hello team,

I've noticed that if the tracking URL field is empty, I started getting "--" in the tracking URL field.
Is this a normal behavior? was this a recent change?

BR,
Hamed

Peter Oliquino

Sep 18, 2016, 10:47:37 PM9/18/16
to AdWords API Forum, hamed....@sizmek.com
Hi Hamed,

Did you mean the TrackingUrlTemplate field? If yes, then this field is of Type = String, and since v201603, all such fields of Type = String have implemented the two dashes (--) as its return value if the value is NULL. You may find out more about the different API changes here. I hope this had been helpful.

Best regards,
Peter
AdWords API Team