Can Logo Image with 4:1 aspect ratio be fetched for ResponsiveDisplayAd?

Jianbo zhu

Feb 21, 2018, 8:54:18 PM2/21/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi, Adwords team,
I noticed that in the below doc, it shows only 3 kind of images can be fetched (MarketingImage with 1.91:1 ratio, LogoImage with 1:1 ratio, SquareMarketingImage with 1:1 ratio), but actually a responsive ad can have 4 images. It seems the LogoImage with 4:1 ratio is missing from the doc.  My question is, why cannot this image be fetched? or the doc is not up-to-date?

https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/reference/v201710/AdGroupAdService.ResponsiveDisplayAd

Thanks,
Jianbo

Luis Xander Talag (AdWords API Team)

Feb 22, 2018, 12:09:43 AM2/22/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Jianbo,

Your concerns seems to be more related to AdWords as a product instead of the AdWords API. I would suggest to post your concern in the AdWords Community Forum, as they are better equipped to assist you regarding this matter.

Thanks and regards,
Luis
AdWords API Team

Jianbo zhu

Feb 22, 2018, 12:40:25 PM2/22/18
to AdWords API Forum
Thanks Luis for the quick response.
Actually, it is a Adwords API issue. My question is, why AdGroupAdService only expose 3 images (icons) for ResponsiveDisplayAd while it actaully has 4 images (icons)?  thanks :)

Thanks,
Jianbo

Jianbo zhu

Feb 22, 2018, 12:47:11 PM2/22/18
to AdWords API Forum
The reason I am asking is, we'd like to get responsive ad thru AdGroupAdService, but it seems we cannot get the entire data (one image is missing according to the Adwords API doc), this is a blocker for our development, wonder if there is some other ways to fetch the entire data of a responsive ad?

Thanks,
Jianbo

Luis Xander Talag (AdWords API Team)

Feb 22, 2018, 9:42:47 PM2/22/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Jianbo,

My apologies for the sight confusion. Upon trying on my end, I was able to retrieve the responsive ad along side with that image via the AdGroupAdService and by using the dynamicDisplayAdSettings field. As the image with 4:1 ratio is equivalent to the landscapeLogoImage of the DynamicSettings. Could you also try that and see if it works?

Feel free to write back if you have further clarifications.

Jianbo zhu

Feb 22, 2018, 11:13:22 PM2/22/18
to adwordsapiadvi...@google.com, AdWords API Forum
Thank you, Luis! That's what I am looking for.

Thanks,
Jianbo
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "AdWords API Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/ea931a35-c52a-4ce8-8371-f29fa8ca4113%40googlegroups.com.