Importing data from Adwords API to Excel

Chris Lawhorn

Nov 13, 2017, 2:03:43 AM11/13/17
to AdWords API Forum

I'd like to find a way to import keyword search volume into Excel.

Currently, I'm using Grepwords API with this function:

=WEBSERVICE(http://api.grepwords.com/lookup?apikey=XXXAPIKEYXXX&q=taco%20bell)

This imports a whole page of information to Excel.

Is there a way to perform the same task--albeit using the Adwords API instead of Grepwords?

If so, can someone provide an example of what that URL would look like? Thanks!

Vincent Racaza (AdWords API Team)

Nov 13, 2017, 2:47:26 AM11/13/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Chris,

My apologies as I can not comment on the other API that you mentioned as it is out of scope for our team. As for AdWords API, you can use the Keywords Performance Report to get your keywords data. You can then check these reporting examples (in Java, also available to other languages that we support) on how to download the report data into CSV, CSVFOREXCEL and other types. Currently, the excel format (XLS or XLSX) is not supported.

Let me know if you have further clarifications.

Thanks,
Vincent
AdWords API Team