Demographical report (AgeRanges + Gender)

fingat...@gmail.com

Jul 7, 2015, 11:19:04 AM7/7/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi!
In the AdWords web interface I see AgeRanges segmented by Genders but I can't find such report in API.

How can I get demographics in API?

"Gender Performance Report" does not provide AgeRanges segmentation and "AgeRanges Performance Report" does not provide Gender segmentation too :(

Umesh Dengale

Jul 8, 2015, 11:07:42 AM7/8/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com, fingat...@gmail.com
Hello,

As you mentioned above the Gender Performance Report does not provide AgeRange segmentation and the Age Range Performance Report does not provide gender segmentation in the AdWords API.
There are no other reports which combine the AgeRange and the Gender segmentation. However, you can use the CampaignCriterionService or the AdGroupCriterionService and you can filter the data based on Criterion type (AGE_RANGE, GENDER).

Regards,
Umesh, AdWords API Team.

adamos...@beamly.com

Apr 21, 2017, 11:43:59 AM4/21/17
to AdWords API Forum, fingat...@gmail.com
Hello,

Any chance that the API has evolved since this answer and can provide a report with both Gender and Age Range?

Thank you,
Adamos

Sreelakshmi Sasidharan (AdWords API Team)

Apr 21, 2017, 2:21:45 PM4/21/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Adamos,

Unfortunately, this is still not possible via the API. You may have to use the AdGroupCriterionService or CampaignCriterionService as described in the previous post.

Thanks,
Sreelakshmi, AdWords API Team

adamos...@beamly.com

Apr 24, 2017, 9:30:16 AM4/24/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Sreelakshmi,

Thanks for the reply.
I am not quite sure how I can get performance data by using these services.
I tried the services and what I seem to get is the metadata about the criteria used for each campaign and/or ad group.

How do I then get the performance data for a combination of criteria (i.e. Age Range AND Gender)?

Ideally, I would basically like something very similar to the report I get from the Age Range Performance Report with this AWQL:

SELECT CampaignId, CampaignName, Date, ExternalCustomerId,
AdGroupId, AdGroupName,
Criteria,
CampaignStatus, VideoViews, Impressions, Cost,
AverageCpm, AverageCpv, Clicks, ConversionRate, Conversions,
ConversionValue, CostPerConversion, Ctr, EngagementRate, Engagements,
VideoQuartile100Rate, VideoQuartile25Rate, VideoQuartile50Rate,
VideoQuartile75Rate, VideoViewRate, ViewThroughConversions, Device
FROM AGE_RANGE_PERFORMANCE_REPORT
DURING 20170424, 20170424

This AWQL provides the desired columns and metrics for each key tuple of (Campaign ID,  AdGroup ID, Device combo, Age Range).
What I would like to achieve is get the same types of metrics/columns but add the Gender dimension to the key tuple i.e. (Campaign ID,  AdGroup ID, Device combo, Age Range, Gender).

How can I achieve that using the services you suggested?

Thanks for your help!
Adamos

Sreelakshmi Sasidharan (AdWords API Team)

Apr 24, 2017, 10:59:31 AM4/24/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Adamos,

The metrics and stats will only be available via reports. Since the Age and Gender fields are not available in one report, it might not be possible to combine the stats of both. The services can be used to get the targeting criterion of type AGE_RANGE and GENDER set at a specific campaign/AdGroup level. Unfortunately, to get the stats segmented based on both Age and gender as you are looking for might not be possible.

adamos...@beamly.com

Apr 25, 2017, 10:26:58 AM4/25/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Sreelakshmi,

I understand, thanks for the reply.
We would be very much interested in such a feature.
What is the process of requesting it to your team?

Thanks,
Adamos

Sreelakshmi Sasidharan (AdWords API Team)

Apr 25, 2017, 2:44:15 PM4/25/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Adamos

Thanks for your feedback. I will let the team know about your request. You could follow our blog for updates and announcements related to the API.

adamos...@beamly.com

Apr 26, 2017, 12:17:49 PM4/26/17
to AdWords API Forum
Thank you Sreelakshmi

Ramanan Subramanian

Jul 12, 2018, 5:15:41 AM7/12/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
+1. I second this request. Can you let us know if this feature will be made available in the immediate future?

Sreelakshmi Sasidharan (AdWords API Team)

Jul 12, 2018, 3:18:11 PM7/12/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello,

Our team is aware of this feature request. Unfortunately, I cannot comment on the timeline for this to be available. My suggestion is to keep an eye on our blog for any updates and announcement about the future releases. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us!

pa...@tetris.co

Mar 28, 2019, 5:10:31 PM3/28/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Any advance on that?
It is really frustrating that this is available through the Google Ads panel and not through the API.
This makes our clients confused.

Pablo

googleadsapi...@google.com

Mar 29, 2019, 2:28:22 PM3/29/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Pablo,

In the Google Ads UI, the stats for demographic criterion like age, gender etc are available in separate tabs. The same report can be extracted using the API as well. Currently, it is not possible to aggregate the stats of age and gender in one single report via UI or the API. As this is a popular ask, we have let our team know about the request. Unfortunately, I don't have a definite timeline to comment on. Since the new Google Ads API was released, it is likely that new features may only get added in that API and not in the AdWords API. In Google Ads API, you can get the stats corresponding to gender and age from gender_view and age_range_view respectively. You could keep an eye on our blog for announcements of the future releases in the API.

If you were looking to extract a different set of data, could share the screenshot of that google ads UI view? You can reply privately to author while sharing the screenshot.

Thanks,
Sreelakshmi, Google Ads API Team

Was your question answered? Please rate your experience with us by taking a short survey.
If not -- reply to this email and tell us what else we can do to help.

Take Survey

http://googleadsdeveloper.blogspot.com/search/label/adwords_api
https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/community/

pa...@tetris.co

Apr 5, 2019, 3:02:24 PM4/5/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello Sreelakshmi,

It is totally fine that this feature emerges only in the new API.
As long as we have a way to do that, all good! :)

I am attaching here a print screen of the Google Ads UI. Contrary to what you said, it is indeed possible the break results by Gender AND Age together.

DemographicUI.jpg

Thanks,
Pablo

lo...@armis.tech

Apr 15, 2019, 9:00:01 AM4/15/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello Sreelakshmi,

We also have the same need/question. We currently export a report directly from the UI with data at gender and age level (number of impressions, clicks, budget spent etc...) but are not able to find a trick to do this through the API to automatize the process. Any idea how to ?

Thanks !

Louis

googleadsapi...@google.com

Apr 15, 2019, 10:26:29 AM4/15/19
to lo...@armis.tech, AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Louis,

I'm Sreelakshmi's colleague addressing your concern as she is out of office. The age and gender level data is now available through the new Google Ads API using the from gender_view and age_range_view respectively. It is currently not possible to automate this via API. The automation logic has to be implemented on your end to generate the reports.

Thanks,
Bharani, Google Ads API Team

pa...@tetris.co

Apr 16, 2019, 7:05:04 PM4/16/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello Bharani,
Just to clarify.
Our problem is not to pull reports from gender_view and age_range_view respectively.
What we need is segment the reports by Gender AND Age at the same time. Something like a "demographic_view".
This is definitely NOT possible neither through the Adwords API, neither the Google Ads API.
But it is possible through the Google Ads UI, which is very frustrating for our clients.

Thanks,
Pablo

lo...@armis.tech

Apr 16, 2019, 7:05:04 PM4/16/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Bharani,

Thanks for the quick reply.
I'm still not able to find a way of getting the data at gender x age_range level (I'm able to get data at gender OR age_range level but not both at the same time).
This feature is available in the UI (see screenshot below).

Best,

Louis

googleadsapi...@google.com

Apr 17, 2019, 10:25:14 AM4/17/19
to pa...@tetris.co, AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello Pablo and Louis,

That's right. It is not possible to get the combined data for multiple reports through the API. I have shared your feedback with the team. Please keep an eye on our blog for more updates.

Adam Smith

May 16, 2019, 9:37:50 PM5/16/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum

Bharani,

Any update on when this might be included in the new Google Ads API?

This issue has been up for almost 4 years, surely there's an API method you could release that mimics the UI demographic report (Age x Gender x Parental Status)

Thanks,

Adam

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

May 17, 2019, 11:05:19 AM5/17/19
to adam...@sightly.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hi Adam,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to combine resources (age_view, parental_status_view and gender_view) through the Google Ads API.  We have shared the feedback with the team. Please keep an eye on our blog for updates on upcoming release.

Thanks,
Bharani, Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5001UAptDf:ref

Piotr Zabielski

Dec 17, 2019, 9:28:46 AM12/17/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Bharani,

Just checking if this has been addressed yet?
I am also looking for a way to pull an aggregate report with Age AND Gender breakdown through the API.

Thanks,
Piotr

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Dec 17, 2019, 3:43:43 PM12/17/19
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Piotr,

Thank you for the follow up. The combined demographics feature is not yet supported through the API. Please monitor our blog for more updates.

Regards,

Bharani, Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5001UOEiwX:ref

sreenu malae

Apr 5, 2020, 4:19:09 AM4/5/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hey Bharani,
Is there any update regarding Demographic data.
I would like to get gender and age range data from google ads api.

doggie liu

May 23, 2020, 11:39:24 PM5/23/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Bharani,

We also like to make a request for the feature to breakdown reports by age AND gender, please consider supporting this, thanks in advance!

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

May 26, 2020, 12:24:22 PM5/26/20
to dogg...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hi Liu,

Thank you for reaching out. I’m a colleague of Bharani. You could try to use the Gender Performance Report and Age Range Performance Report to query the metrics you need. Age and Gender are currently not available for segmentation use in the APIs. I have submitted a feature request to support segmentation with gender and age in the API. Please keep an eye on our blog for the announcements and updates on new releases.

Thanks and regards,
Xiaoming, Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q1zrcPM:ref

the...@funnel.io

Dec 1, 2020, 4:47:01 AM12/1/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi, Is there any status update on this feature request? We have a lot of customers requesting this.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Dec 1, 2020, 4:25:44 PM12/1/20
to the...@funnel.io, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hi Theo,

Thank you for reaching out. We have received feedback that this won’t fix as it’s intended behavior. Please consider using the Gender Performance Report and Age Range Performance Report to query the metrics you need.

Thanks and regards,
Xiaoming, Google Ads API Team

Google Logo
Xiaoming
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q1zrcPM:ref

Lily Ryan

Feb 13, 2022, 2:05:08 PM2/13/22
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Hi,

I don't understand the last reply to this. If this feature is not intended behaviour, why is it possible to get age AND gender breakdown in the UI (as others have shown in screenshots). Why is there this discrepancy? Is it a mistake in the UI that this data is available there? What is meant by 'intended behaviour'?

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Feb 14, 2022, 3:52:33 PM2/14/22
to ryan.l...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ryan,

Thank you for reaching out to the Google Ads API support team.

Could you please provide full screen screenshot of UI via reply privately author option? So we can further investigate the issue.

Thanks,
Google Logo
Nirmita
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q1zrcPM:ref
Message has been deleted

5424...@qq.com

Feb 25, 2022, 3:09:21 AM2/25/22
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Hi, Team

Is there any progress on this feature request?

Lily Ryan

Feb 25, 2022, 4:17:17 AM2/25/22
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Hello,

As I mentioned, others have already shared screenshots of this. But here is another, with client data removed:

Demographic Report 2022-02-25.png
So is this data incorrect? It is - at least ostensibly - split by both age and gender. Yet from the API you can only pull data split by one of these dimensions at a time. Why the discrepancy?

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Feb 28, 2022, 6:41:03 AM2/28/22
to ryan.l...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ryan,

Thank you for providing details to your concern.

With regard to your concern, I am afraid that there is no report type for combined age and gender report. However, as you already mentioned, there are report types, which are mentioned below, to get the data at a specific level. If you want to get the campaign ID and ad group Id where the specific criterion is attached, then you can add the campaign.id and ad_group.id fields to the report types that I've mentioned.

The data and statistics that will be returned by those report types should be equal to the UI that you provided if only one entity (either age and gender) is shown there.

Best regards,

Google Logo
Jinky