ServiceAccount not working on new API verson

Rafael Machado

Jun 7, 2017, 3:51:12 PM6/7/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

Since my last API update, I'm not able to create an AdWordsUser using a ServiceAccount. I get the following error:

 "Looks like your application is not configured to use OAuth2 properly. Required OAuth2 parameter ServiceAccountEmail is missing"

But I'm using the "OAuth2ServiceAccountEmail" key on App.config AdWordsApi node.

What should I do for the API to acknowledge my ServiceAccountEmail? The field is read-only on the AdWordsAppConfig object...

Thanks in advance,
Rafael

Rafael Machado

Jun 7, 2017, 4:45:21 PM6/7/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

I managed to find a document saying that P12 keys are no longer accepted. I then created a new JSON Key, but I'm getting a "Bad Data" System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException...

Thanks,
Rafael

Ivan Bautista

Jun 8, 2017, 1:52:16 AM6/8/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Rafael,

We strongly recommend using installed app flow as it is a simpler alternative that achieves similar goal but we'll try to assist you with your concern as accurately as possible.

Could you confirm if you were able to follow the necessary steps for setting up your service account access to generate the JSON key file? In addition, you may refer to this guide for configuring your client library with the generated OAuth2 credentials.

Regards,
Ivan
AdWords API Team
Message has been deleted