Identify Adwords Express campaigns uniquely

Team Jellyfish

Jan 31, 2018, 4:45:40 AM1/31/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,
Can we identify Adwords Express campaigns using API uniquely?
How can we filter out adwords express related campaigns from adwords campaign.
Please help me.

Sreelakshmi Sasidharan (AdWords API Team)

Jan 31, 2018, 11:50:45 AM1/31/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

The blog post about AdWords Express Campaigns explains how you can differentiate AdWords Express campaigns in the Campaign Performance Report. The AdvertisingChannelType / AdvertisingChannelSubType on campaigns before migration will be SEARCH / SEARCH_EXPRESS or DISPLAY / DISPLAY_EXPRESS. The AdvertisingChannelType / AdvertisingChannelSubType on campaigns after migration will be EXPRESS / UNKNOWN. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,
Sreelakshmi, AdWords API Team

Team Jellyfish

Feb 1, 2018, 1:25:50 AM2/1/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,
Thanx for your help.
We are getting all campaigns (campaign related to adwords and AdWords Express) when we make call to get all campaign under an Adwords account.
But, In that not able to identify campaigns related to AdWords Express. Is there any way so that we can identify Campaigns over there?
Or We need to use campaign performance report to identify campaigns related to AdWords Express.?
Please suggest me a way so that We can identify Express campaigns without using campaign performance report.

Peter Oliquino

Feb 1, 2018, 3:56:50 AM2/1/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

I'm also from the AdWords API team and I'll be providing support for now. For retrieving AdWords Express campaign information, you may refer to the steps mentioned by Sreelakhsmi on how to get them. The blog post should provide the details on how to achieve this and you can also use the CampaignService.get() if you do not wish to use the Campaign Performance Report.

Should there be any issues, feel free to write back.

Best regards,
Peter
AdWords API Team

Christian

Feb 13, 2018, 11:30:14 AM2/13/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

we have a similar problem. We use the CampaignService to retrieve campaign information and there the advertisingChannelType is set to "UNKNOWN" for Express campaigns. In fact the API docs (https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/reference/v201710/CampaignService.AdvertisingChannelType) do not mention the type "EXPRESS" which is mentioned in the linked blog post. Is the correct channel type only provided in reports?

Best,
Christian

Peter Oliquino

Feb 14, 2018, 12:40:26 AM2/14/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Christian,

Using the CampaignService.get(), you should use the AdvertisingChannelSubType field instead (SEARCH_EXPRESS, DISPLAY_EXPRESS) as the EXPRESS value is currently only available via the AdvertisingChannelType field of the Campaign Performance Report. Let me know if this helps.

Christian

Feb 14, 2018, 6:28:19 AM2/14/18
to AdWords API Forum
Thanks Peter, we'll have a try with that.