Changes to the AdWords API - Email notifications?

Anthony Van Dijk

Apr 12, 2018, 6:14:17 AM4/12/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

I have 'basic access' to the AdWords API. On the same account, I have the 'API Contact email' set to an address which I have been expecting to be notified of major API changes.

Can anyone clarify whether I should be receiving emails like that? And if so, when the last email was been sent out? For instance, has anyone else been notified of v201802 or v201710 changes?

I would have thought so, since release notes such as https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/reference/release-notes/v201802 mention at the top "Remember to keep your contact email up-to-date".

Any help would be appreciated.

Bharani Cherukuri (AdWords API Team)

Apr 12, 2018, 2:57:40 PM4/12/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hello Anthony,

The important API notifications are usually sent out to the email address provided in the AdWords API Center. Please ensure that this is a regularly monitored inbox. Please refer to this API sunset and release schedule for more information. You can keep an eye out on our blog for more updates about upcoming releases or announcements. You can also join the API announcements forum to keep you posted on any future updates.

Regards,
Bharani, AdWords API Team

Zweitze

Apr 13, 2018, 5:34:28 AM4/13/18
to AdWords API Forum
I guess you need a sample of a message sent to the API Contact. This was sent on March 19:

Dear AdWords API developer (My Client Center ID 1112223333),

Migration status: you have sent 21.7% of your AdWords API requests to v201705, v201708, in the last 7 days.

AdWords API v201705, v201708 has ended and will no longer accept requests from 03/28/2018. You must migrate to an up-to-date AdWords API version as soon as possible to continue access to the AdWords API.

Visit the AdWords API developer site for more information about this change.

If you have any questions about this upcoming change, please feel free to contact our team through the AdWords API forum.

Sincerely,

Team AdWords API

(Note: This is a translated message. Google actually sends messages in the wrong language...)

So, essentially Google uses this address to warn on certain findings on activity with your developer token.
In my experience, important announcements are communicated through the developer blog.

I hope this helps.