Ads (beta) api operation limits

Don Mitchell

Aug 8, 2018, 4:15:59 PM8/8/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Even though the beta Ads api uses a streaming protocol, it still has operation limits. For CampaignBudget.mutate_campaign_budgets (DELETE operation), it told me the limit is 1000. In general are the limits 5000 per request as per the adwords limits (https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/appendix/limits)? For download, there doesn't seem to be a limit (not the 10K limit from Adwords). Can I get a definitive statement on the limits with the exceptions?

Also, how does the api return operation validation failures when only a subset of operations on a request fail? There's no partial failure property in the result. Does it fail the whole request if just one operation is invalid? Does it silently fail?

Dannison Yao (AdWords API Team)

Aug 9, 2018, 3:19:17 AM8/9/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Don,

Could you point me to the documentation you were referring to that mentioned that the DELETE operation has a limit of 1000? The system limits of the Google Ads API Beta should be the same with the AdWords API system limits.

As for the partial failure concern, I would have to discuss this with the team on how this operates in the Google Ads API Beta. I'll give you an update on this thread.

Regards,
Dannison
AdWords API Team

Don Mitchell

Aug 10, 2018, 12:20:23 PM8/10/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
[12:19:16] ERROR {"google.ads.googleads.v0.errors.googleadsfailure-bin"=>"\n>\n\x02\b\r\x128Received 2000 operations, exceeding the maximum of 1000.", "grpc-status-details-bin"=>"\b\x03\x12%Request contains an invalid argument.\x1A\x87\x01\nCtype.googleapis.com/google.ads.googleads.v0.errors.GoogleAdsFailure\x12@\n>\n\x02\b\r\x128Received 2000 operations, exceeding the maximum of 1000.", "request-id"=>"aIELZe9qUXmF1KoeDy2tTA"}

Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)

Aug 10, 2018, 12:24:44 PM8/10/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Don,

The Google Ads API does not have a partial failure feature just yet, so all operations in a mutate request will fail if any operation in the request encounters an error.

Thanks for providing the error message for the operation count limit. I'm looking into that one and will get back to you.

Cheers,
Josh, AdWords API Team

Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)

Aug 11, 2018, 10:41:24 AM8/11/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Don,

I have good news: the operations limit for the Google Ads API has been increased to 5,000 so that it matches the operations limit for the AdWords API. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

Cheers,
Josh, AdWords API Team