How to map Keywords report and call metrics call details report ?

pravin.s...@frequence.com

Mar 7, 2018, 5:41:33 AM3/7/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

There was another thread : https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/adwords-api/MFjOE-G9N7A, which i was going through to know if it answers my questions, but it didn't seem to. Hence posting my query below:

I was looking for information in the forum about how do we map a keyword to call details to know the keyword that triggered a phone call. I know there is a report like :Call Metrics Call Details Report which gives details about a phone call, but i didn't find a link to map this information to the keyword (from Keywords performance report i believe) that triggered this call.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Sreelakshmi Sasidharan (AdWords API Team)

Mar 7, 2018, 3:12:22 PM3/7/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

As you said, the stats of a specific call can be retrieved using the Call Metrics Call Details Report. Using this report, you will only be able to get the stats at the AdGroup level but not at a criterion or Ad level. As described in the forum post that you shared : https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/adwords-api/MFjOE-G9N7A, you could use the Click Performance Report and filter the rows with the clickType "CALLS". By including the
CreativeId and CriteriaId fields, you will be able to get the stats corresponding to the Ad or the keyword. That said, it is not possible to make a one to one mapping between each phone call to the keyword that triggered the call.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,
Sreelakshmi, AdWords API Team

Frequence Inc

Mar 8, 2018, 5:37:46 AM3/8/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Sreelakshmi,

Thanks for clarifying.

However, i have one more question around this. So, once I am logged in on Adwords dashboard, From "Reporting" icon (seen on the top right hand corner of this dashboard), clicking on it, if I select predefined report -> basic -> call details, it gives me a report for an advertiser containing call details mapped to each keyword in an AdGroup.

So does this mean that we can't get call stats that we see on such pre-defined reports mapped to each keyword through multiple AdWords reports like using Keyword Performance report and Call Metrics Call Details Report ?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Pravin Sreedharan.

Sreelakshmi Sasidharan (AdWords API Team)

Mar 8, 2018, 3:11:17 PM3/8/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Pravin,

You are right, the equivalent of that UI report is not available in the API. By using multiple reports you may be able to derive this data. To get the keywords that triggered a specific Ad, you could use Ad Performance Report and look for IdAdGroupIdCriterionIdCriterionType (KEYWORDS). You will have to get the stats related to the calls separately from the Call Metrics Call Details Report. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

jo...@clearplot.com

Sep 4, 2018, 5:12:48 AM9/4/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
What can we go by to correlate the reports so we can end up with the same data as the call details report that is available onthe interface?

Thanks

Sreelakshmi Sasidharan (AdWords API Team)

Sep 4, 2018, 3:52:54 PM9/4/18
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jorge,

Call Metrics Call Details Report is the API report that maps to the Call details view of the UI. However, this report only breaks down the data at the AdGroup level. If you are looking for data broken down further by ad or search term, you may need to use the Search Query Performance Report or the Ad Performance Report. Is there a specific combination available in UI that you are looking to extract via the API? If so, could you share the screenshot and your CID? I can take a look and see if there are any workarounds available. You could use reply privately to author while sharing the details.

jo...@clearplot.com

Sep 5, 2018, 12:17:48 AM9/5/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Sreelakshmi,

Thank you for your reply.

Basically I need all the fields available on the call metrics api report plus the keyword(which shows on the call details report on UI).

I can’t seem to find a way to find the exact keyword for each call.

Sreelakshmi Sasidharan (AdWords API Team)

Sep 5, 2018, 3:42:49 PM9/5/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Jorge,

As you have observed, the Call Metrics Call Details Report does not have keyword as a supported field. However, you will be able to get this data using the Keywords Performance Report along with the Call Metrics Call Details Report. Once you have gathered the details of the call from the Call Metrics Call Details Report, you can run the Keywords Performance Report and filter the data for the specific Ad groups during the same date range and look for the Id and Criteria in the rows corresponding to Click type = Phone calls and Clicks is greater than 1.

I was able to correlate the data with this condition in my testing. Could you give this a try and let me know if that works for you. I will also request for a new feature so that the Call Metrics Call Details Report in the API will support the keyword like in the UI.