UserList listType is null

mm

Jan 13, 2016, 11:57:17 AM1/13/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hey guys -
I'm just starting to familiarize myself with UserLists & to that end, the first thing I did was just retrieve all UserLists for a couple of accounts & print out all their attributes. I had a significant number of instances returned with a null listType and the UserListType set to "User List". Is this expected? If so, what are these and why don't they have a specific list type? This is using the java client (2.7.0).

Thanks a bunch -
mm

Yin Niu

Jan 13, 2016, 1:37:32 PM1/13/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

These are UserLists that are manually created from UI.

Thanks,
Yin, AdWords API Team.

kondiment test

Sep 21, 2016, 4:37:39 AM9/21/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi there!

Yin, regardless of where they were created they should have a not-null listType. The docs state that the listType field should be one of:

UNKNOWN
REMARKETING
LOGICAL
EXTERNAL_REMARKETING
RULE_BASED
SIMILAR
CRM_BASED

So clearly a remarketing list should have a listType with a value of REMARKETING or RULE_BASED (or EXTERNAL_REMARKETING). I still think this is a bug and that it should be corrected.

Thank you.

Joyce Lava

Sep 21, 2016, 5:29:49 AM9/21/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

I tried to get the userList in my test account and it returned the lists created in the API and in UI with listType. That is, a Rule-Based userList created in the UI is returned to me with the listType = RULE_BASED when I get it using the API. Please make sure that you add the ListType in the selector to return the value.

If you will have further clarifications about this, please open a new thread as this one is a bit old.

Thanks,
Joyce, AdWords API Team

kondiment test

Sep 21, 2016, 8:36:05 AM9/21/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Joyce,

Thank you for your reply.

I thought we were supposed to reuse threads that are about the exact problem that we're facing, in order to not duplicate them.. If you still want me to start another thread tell me and I will. Until then, here is some details that show the problem:

I attached a screenshot with the audiences in my AdWords account. The one circled I'm most interested in, "My remarketing list with rules [ADW-made]".

The result I get from the API, when calling AdWordsUserListService->get(), contains

object(UserList)[361]
      public 'id' => string '414687168' (length=9)
      public 'isReadOnly' => boolean false
      public 'name' => string 'My remarketing list with rules [ADW-made]' (length=41)
      public 'description' => string '' (length=0)
      public 'status' => string 'OPEN' (length=4)
      public 'integrationCode' => null
      public 'accessReason' => string 'OWNED' (length=5)
      public 'accountUserListStatus' => string 'ACTIVE' (length=6)
      public 'membershipLifeSpan' => int 30
      public 'size' => int 0
      public 'sizeRange' => string 'LESS_THAN_FIVE_HUNDRED' (length=22)
      public 'sizeForSearch' => int 0
      public 'sizeRangeForSearch' => string 'LESS_THAN_FIVE_HUNDRED' (length=22)
      public 'listType' => null
      public 'isEligibleForSearch' => boolean false
      public 'isEligibleForDisplay' => boolean true
      public 'UserListType' => string 'UserList' (length=8)
      private '_parameterMap' =>
        array (size=1)
          'UserList.Type' => string 'UserListType' (length=12)

The selector I'm using is this:

$selector = new \Selector;
		$selector->fields = array('Id', 'Name', 'Description', 'Status', 'IsReadOnly', 'AccessReason', 'AccountUserListStatus', 'MembershipLifeSpan', 'Size', 'SizeRange', 'SizeForSearch', 'SizeRangeForSearch', 'ListType', 'IsEligibleForSearch', 'IsEligibleForDisplay', 'SeedUserListId', 'SeedUserListName', 'SeedUserListDescription', 'SeedUserListStatus', 'SeedListSize');

As can be seen, the 'ListType' selector field is there. I also tried with the following predicate added, as well, but I get the same fields for that audience.

$selector->predicates[] = new \Predicate('ListType', 'EQUALS', 'RULE_BASED');

For the audience "All visitors" I also get a null `listType` field.

Thank you.
adwords.png

Joyce Lava

Sep 21, 2016, 10:25:57 PM9/21/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

Please open a new thread and let's continue the discussion in that one. That way, we can track the case properly.

kondiment test

Sep 22, 2016, 4:04:59 AM9/22/16
to AdWords API Forum