Policy violations / Grants / Express

Edward Hibbert

Jan 22, 2019, 9:27:28 AM1/22/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
We have a Google Ads Grant account.  For the last few months, it has been deactivated for policy violations.  We are stuck in a loop of:
  • We contact support
  • They review the account, say it's fine, and reactivate it
  • It gets deactivated the next day
  • They escalate it to a higher level of support
  • They say good news!  It's fixed
  • It gets deactivated the next day
The best guess reason for this is that the account makes reference to Yahoo Groups in some way, because some of the communities for this charity used to be hosted there.  We cannot find any current reference to Yahoo in the ads.

If this was a classic Ads account, then I could try to use the API to download all the details I could find, and pore over them to see if I could spot the violation myself.  But although it was an Ads account years back, it's now an Express account, and so far as I'm aware you can't access Express via the API.  Is that correct?

Edward

googleadsapi...@google.com

Jan 22, 2019, 3:57:11 PM1/22/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Edward,

You should be able to make API calls on Express accounts. For example, you can run the Campaign Performance Report to pull up campaign stats. Sample code in Java is available here. For other programming languages, please refer here.

Regards,
Dhanya, AdWords API Team
    http://googleadsdeveloper.blogspot.com/search/label/adwords_api
    https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/community/

Was your question answered? Please rate your experience with us by taking a short survey.
If not -- reply to this email and tell us what else we can do to help.

Take Survey