Re: Problems setting up Adwords API with python ... please help

Message has been deleted

Peter Oliquino

Jul 18, 2016, 12:08:31 AM7/18/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

You are getting this error because you are making calls to a production account using a developer token with test account only access. If you wish only to make calls with your test accounts, please make sure to specify the customer ID of your test account (test manager account or test client account) in the client_customer_id field in your googleads.yaml file, instead of your production (master) manager account.

Additionally, to check your account access, you may login to AdWords and go to the Gear Icon -> Account Settings -> AdWords API Center, then check the 'Access level'.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,
Peter
AdWords API Team

žiga preell

Jul 18, 2016, 10:43:47 AM7/18/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

I tried with every possible account i created ( almost 10 of them), but none of them was TEST maneger or TEST client account(can't see the red stripe with TEST ACCOUNT in it, and there is no AdWords API Center in settings), When i follow the link to create test maneger account, i type in diffrent mail and everything, click create test account, then it redirects me to create new google account, i do that and then it redirects me back to the page for creating the new TEST account,only now my email is automatically in Email field...

I tried signed out in incognito mode, also with differnet email providers, but i still can't create any of test accounts... (Trying for about 3 days now :| )

Peter Oliquino

Jul 18, 2016, 11:13:01 PM7/18/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

My apologies since I just noticed that your first post contained your developer token. I deleted it because it contained sensitive information pertaining to your account. I highly recommend that you revoke that refresh token using the Account Settings page as described in the OAuth guide. Please see our forum posting guidelines as well.

Moving forward, I can confirm that the clientCustomerId you were using in making AdWords API calls was your production MCC account and that your developer token only has test account access. That is the reason why you were getting the error. For the issue with test accounts creation, could you confirm if this was the test account application form you used? If yes, please provide an existing email address (can be @gmail.com) that is not yet associated with any AdWords account and fill up the rest of the fields. Once done, it should redirect you to the AdWords page with red label "This is a test account".

I just tried it that way and it should work. If you still find any issues, please let us know.

Best regards,
Peter
AdWords API Team

zigapr...@gmail.com

Jul 19, 2016, 11:35:49 AM7/19/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

I tried to create Maneger test account at least 7 times, but it doesn't make one, i tried all options, creating it in chrome incognito, firefox, with gmail and with other mail providers, but all it does, it creates a new account but red stripe with "This is a test account" is not in any of those ... And also if i go to options there isn't any API Center and therefore any developer token (I tried creating maneger TEST account and then client test account).

I did all this with provided links on this page, went trought all documentation almost 20+ times ... Also when i create a test account with my new google account and mail, it redirects me back to creating test account, only now email field for test account is email that i used and i am logged in "test" account i created moments ago (i can see that in upper rigt corner)...

It might be some mistake in my country's google servers (Slovenia), if you made test acc from your country and it worked...

Thanks for help,
Žiga

žiga preell

Jul 19, 2016, 2:45:20 PM7/19/16
to AdWords API Forum
EDIT: We solved the problem with creating Test account from our neighborhood country (Italy).