CustomerService CUSTOMER_NOT_FOUND error

Oksana Sulyma

Jan 19, 2018, 8:21:53 AM1/19/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Adwords support team,
I have two clients for which CustomerService returns CUSTOMER_NOT_FOUND error. For the rest 30 clients same code works OK.

Request url is: https://adwords.google.com/api/adwords/mcm/v201710/CustomerService

Request xml is:
<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:v20="https://adwords.google.com/api/adwords/mcm/v201710" xmlns:v201="https://adwords.google.com/api/adwords/cm/v201710">
   <soapenv:Header>
      <v20:RequestHeader>
         <v201:developerToken>***</v201:developerToken>
         <v201:userAgent>TapClicks Adwords Report Tool</v201:userAgent>
      </v20:RequestHeader>
   </soapenv:Header>
   <soapenv:Body>
      <v20:getCustomers/>
   </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

Response:
<soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><soap:Header><ResponseHeader xmlns:ns2="https://adwords.google.com/api/adwords/cm/v201710" xmlns="https://adwords.google.com/api/adwords/mcm/v201710"><ns2:requestId>00056320e7c0dd280a1bd686ee085c93</ns2:requestId><ns2:serviceName>CustomerService</ns2:serviceName><ns2:methodName>getCustomers</ns2:methodName><ns2:operations>1</ns2:operations><ns2:responseTime>158</ns2:responseTime></ResponseHeader></soap:Header><soap:Body><soap:Fault><faultcode>soap:Server</faultcode><faultstring>[AuthenticationError.CUSTOMER_NOT_FOUND @ ]</faultstring><detail><ApiExceptionFault xmlns="https://adwords.google.com/api/adwords/mcm/v201710" xmlns:ns2="https://adwords.google.com/api/adwords/cm/v201710"><ns2:message>[AuthenticationError.CUSTOMER_NOT_FOUND @ ]</ns2:message><ns2:ApplicationException.Type>ApiException</ns2:ApplicationException.Type><ns2:errors xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:type="ns2:AuthenticationError"><ns2:fieldPath></ns2>

Two Clients affected are not new in Adwords.

I can provide Client Names and Adwords Client Ids in private message.

Thank you so much in advance, in this forum thread I always get answers to my questions!

Bharani Cherukuri (AdWords API Team)

Jan 19, 2018, 11:46:58 AM1/19/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hello Okasana,

The CUSTOMER_NOT_FOUND error is received when the ID specified in the request header does not exist. I see that you're using the CustomerService.getCustomers(), which will return all the customers directly accessible by the user authenticating the call. If the account specified is a new account, it is recommended that you wait a few minutes after the account is created before issuing requests against it. Could you please recheck the credentials used if they belong to the valid AdWords account user and try the request again? If you continue to have an issue with this, could you share us the email address used to authenticate the API call? Please use Reply privately to author option to provide the details.

Regards,
Bharani, AdWords API Team

Oksana Sulyma

Mar 12, 2018, 8:17:14 AM3/12/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi guys, bumping this thread as mentioned issue still exist. We had correspondence in private mode, please let me know if there are any ideas why we might get this error.. Thanks!

Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)

Mar 13, 2018, 9:53:29 AM3/13/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

The engineering team is looking into this in more detail, and I hope to have an update soon. I'll post back here once that happens.

Thanks,
Josh, AdWords API Team

Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)

Apr 5, 2018, 9:15:58 AM4/5/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Oksana,

We're still trying to track this one down. Do you happen to have an example of a request where you encountered this error within the last 5 days? If so, could you Reply privately to author on this post and provide me with the following?
  1. The date and time of the request, including timezone
  2. The user whose OAuth credentials were used for the request
  3. The client customer IDs you expected to receive for that user
Thanks,
Josh, AdWords API Team

Oksana Sulyma

Apr 5, 2018, 10:15:21 AM4/5/18
to AdWords API Forum
Thanks Josh, I've just replied privately.

Tiana S.

Jun 4, 2018, 11:59:53 AM6/4/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Josh,

I'm having the same issue. Please let me know if you have an update. I can of course also provide more info on our requests privately.

Kind regards,

Tiana

Timm Janssen

Jun 4, 2018, 12:14:44 PM6/4/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi,

I had the same issue using v201710, with v201802 it's a CUSTOMER_NOT_ACTIVE error, see https://groups.google.com/forum/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer#!msg/adwords-api/uSomm1x4nKw/YhjSkLMbAQAJ

Moreover the Java library doesn't seem to be affected.

Thanks,
Timm

Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)

Jun 5, 2018, 9:06:28 AM6/5/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Tiana,

Please follow the post that Timm mentioned. To avoid duplicating information, my colleague will be providing updates on the issue there.

Thanks,
Josh, AdWords API Team

Oksana Sulyma

Jun 8, 2018, 4:21:43 AM6/8/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi guys,
Just wanted to let you know that we are still affected by this problem and also await for solution.
Thanks!

Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)

Jun 11, 2018, 1:07:46 PM6/11/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi,

I've contacted the engineers who are working on this. I'll provide an update once I hear back from them.

Thanks,
Josh, AdWords API Team
This conversation is locked