v201806/AdService mutate SET trackingUrlTemplate yields AdError.INVALID_AD_TYPE

Chris

Jul 10, 2018, 11:38:58 PM7/10/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Converting several of our tracking templates to use https but not having any luck with the new AdService.mutate().

POST /api/adwords/cm/v201806/AdService

      <operations>
        <operator>SET</operator>
        <operand xsi:type="TextAd">
          <id>REDACTED</id>
          <trackingUrlTemplate>https://....REDACTED</trackingUrlTemplate>
        </operand>
      </operations>
    </mutate>

Getting this error, please help?  What am I missing?

    <soap:Fault>
      <faultcode>soap:Client</faultcode>
      <faultstring>[AdError.INVALID_AD_TYPE @ operations[0].operand.id]</faultstring>
      <detail>
        <ApiExceptionFault xmlns="https://adwords.google.com/api/adwords/cm/v201806">
          <message>[AdError.INVALID_AD_TYPE @ operations[0].operand.id]</message>
          <ApplicationException.Type>ApiException</ApplicationException.Type>
          <errors xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:type="AdError">
            <fieldPath>operations[0].operand.id</fieldPath>
            <fieldPathElements>
              <field>operations</field>
              <index>0</index>
            </fieldPathElements>
            <fieldPathElements>
              <field>operand</field>
            </fieldPathElements>
            <fieldPathElements>
              <field>id</field>
            </fieldPathElements>
            <trigger></trigger>
            <errorString>AdError.INVALID_AD_TYPE</errorString>
            <ApiError.Type>AdError</ApiError.Type>
            <reason>INVALID_AD_TYPE</reason>
          </errors>
        </ApiExceptionFault>
      </detail>
    </soap:Fault>

Peter Oliquino (AdWords API Team)

Jul 11, 2018, 2:24:47 AM7/11/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Chris,

Could you confirm if the Id that you are passing indeed belongs to a TextAd object? So I can further investigate, could you provide to me your clientCustomerId and the ad Id? You may reply to me via the Reply privately to author option.

Thanks and regards,
Peter
AdWords API Team

Chris

Jul 11, 2018, 10:27:39 AM7/11/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Thanks Peter, I sent you a private reply with all the info.

Peter Oliquino (AdWords API Team)

Jul 12, 2018, 3:20:03 AM7/12/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Chris,

Thank you for sending the information I requested. However, after further checking on our end, it appears that TextAds are not included in the supported ad types that can be passed to the AdService.mutate() method. For more information, you can refer here for the supported ad types.

I hope this helps.