AuthenticationError.CLIENT_CUSTOMER_ID_IS_REQUIRED - POST /api/adwords/ch/v201802/CustomerSyncService

Chris

Apr 12, 2018, 11:26:21 PM4/12/18
to AdWords API Forum
These calls started failing this morning around 2018-04-12 03:01:02 Central Time.

POST /api/adwords/ch/v201802/CustomerSyncService

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
  <soap:Header>
      <requestId>REDACTED</requestId>
      <serviceName>CustomerSyncService</serviceName>
      <methodName>get</methodName>
      <operations>1</operations>
      <responseTime>16</responseTime>
    </ns2:ResponseHeader>
  </soap:Header>
  <soap:Body>
    <soap:Fault>
      <faultcode>soap:Server</faultcode>
      <faultstring>[AuthenticationError.CLIENT_CUSTOMER_ID_IS_REQUIRED @ ; trigger:'&lt;null&gt;']</faultstring>
      <detail>
          <message>[AuthenticationError.CLIENT_CUSTOMER_ID_IS_REQUIRED @ ; trigger:'&lt;null&gt;']</message>
          <ApplicationException.Type>ApiException</ApplicationException.Type>
          <errors xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:type="AuthenticationError">
            <fieldPath></fieldPath>
            <trigger>&lt;null&gt;</trigger>
            <errorString>AuthenticationError.CLIENT_CUSTOMER_ID_IS_REQUIRED</errorString>
            <ApiError.Type>AuthenticationError</ApiError.Type>
            <reason>CLIENT_CUSTOMER_ID_IS_REQUIRED</reason>
          </errors>
        </ns2:ApiExceptionFault>
      </detail>
    </soap:Fault>
  </soap:Body>
</soap:Envelope>

Luis Xander Talag (AdWords API Team)

Apr 13, 2018, 3:40:55 AM4/13/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Chris,

The error AuthenticationError.CLIENT_CUSTOMER_ID_IS_REQUIRED means that the client customer ID was not specified in the HTTP header. This being said, could you clarify if you set your clientCustomerId in your HTTP header? If so and you still encountered the error, then this might be related to an ongoing issue that our team is currently fixing. The current workaround we have for this is to retry the request until the operation succeeds.

However to further confirm if it is related, could you provide the complete SOAP request and response logs when you encountered the error? Please reply via Reply privately to author.

Thanks and regards,
Luis
AdWords API Team

Chris

Apr 13, 2018, 7:05:40 AM4/13/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Luis - yep, the header value is specified and this has been working for a long time and just started failing yesterday.  I replied privately with the full SOAP exchange info.

Thanks for your help here!
Chris

Adwords account

Apr 13, 2018, 4:02:14 PM4/13/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,
We also experiencing same issue when posting to /api/adwords/ch/v201802/CustomerSyncService service since around 2018-04-12 02:00:00 EET.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
  <soap:Header>
      <requestId>REDACTED</requestId>
      <serviceName>CustomerSyncService</serviceName>
      <methodName>get</methodName>
      <operations>1</operations>
      <responseTime>142</responseTime>
[...]

Chris

Apr 14, 2018, 9:52:02 AM4/14/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi all - any word on when this issue can be addressed (ETA)?  I am going to need to make some hefty changes to work around this problem if this endpoint cannot be fixed.  Please advise.

Luis Xander Talag (AdWords API Team)

Apr 15, 2018, 11:59:02 PM4/15/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Chris,

Thanks for providing the logs. We've received an information that the issue I was referring to has now been resolved. Could you retry your requests and check if you still encounter the error on your end?

Regards,
Luis
AdWords API Team

Chris

Apr 16, 2018, 10:33:35 PM4/16/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Luis - we are still encountering the error(s) on the majority of our clientCustomerId values, I can send you some examples of failures if you need them.

Michael Cloonan (AdWords API Team)

May 7, 2018, 10:01:28 AM5/7/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello,

I've gotten word that this issue should be resolved now. Please let me know if you are still getting this type of failure so that we can take another look.

Regards,
Mike, AdWords API Team