Geo Performance API report data differs from Geographic report

Oksana Sulyma

Feb 28, 2018, 11:35:13 AM2/28/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Guys,
I have difficulties with understanding why my Geo Performance report which I get from API is different from what I see in Adwords Geographic Report.
Here is my report xml:
<reportDefinition xmlns="https://adwords.google.com/api/adwords/cm/v201710">
<selector>
<fields>CampaignId</fields>
<fields>CampaignName</fields>
<fields>CityCriteriaId</fields>
<fields>CountryCriteriaId</fields>
<fields>RegionCriteriaId</fields>
<fields>MetroCriteriaId</fields>
<fields>Date</fields>
<fields>Impressions</fields>
<fields>Clicks</fields>
<fields>Cost</fields>
<fields>AdNetworkType1</fields>
<fields>LocationType</fields>
<fields>MostSpecificCriteriaId</fields>
<fields>IsTargetingLocation</fields>

<predicates>
<field>CampaignId</field>
<operator>IN</operator>
<values>MYIDHERE</values>
</predicates>
<predicates>
<field>CityCriteriaId</field>
<operator>IN</operator>
<values>9052676</values>
</predicates>
<dateRange>
</selector>
<reportName>Adwords Geo List</reportName>
<reportType>GEO_PERFORMANCE_REPORT</reportType>
<dateRangeType>CUSTOM_DATE</dateRangeType>
<downloadFormat>CSV</downloadFormat>
</reportDefinition>

Attaching a csv report that I get as a result. It has in summary 7 clicks and
9558 impressions and Location Type = Physical location only.

When I check Adwords Geographic report for this campaign and same city = piney point village I see next

My questions are:
Why I don't get Location of interest data in API report? I tried to add
<predicates>
<field>IsTargetingLocation</field>
<operator>IN</operator>
<values>true</values>
</predicates>
<predicates>
<field>LocationType</field>
<operator>IN</operator>
<values>LOCATION_OF_PRESENCE</values>
<values>AREA_OF_INTEREST</values>
<values>UNKNOWN</values>
</predicates>
but got the same response.

Even Physical Location summary impressions in API report doesn't match UI.

What am I missing? I'll appreciate any help on this. Thanks!
CampaignsGeo_from_2018-01-01_to_2018-01-31(5).csv
Auto Generated Inline Image 1

Oksana Sulyma

Mar 2, 2018, 9:51:40 AM3/2/18
to AdWords API Forum
Dear Adwords support,
Any input will be highly appreciated!
Thanks!

Dhanya Sundararaju (AdWords API Team)

Mar 2, 2018, 2:10:46 PM3/2/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Oksana,

Thank you for your patience. I have looked at your issue and in order to troubleshoot this further, could you please reply privately to author providing your client customer id?

Regards,
Dhanya, AdWords API Team

Oksana Sulyma

Mar 5, 2018, 8:39:26 AM3/5/18
to AdWords API Forum
Thank you! Sent the client Id privately.

Oksana Sulyma

Mar 12, 2018, 8:09:55 AM3/12/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi guys! Any news on my issue? Thanks so much for your help!

Oksana Sulyma

Aug 13, 2018, 7:34:08 AM8/13/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello! This is relatively old question, but we still are looking for answer. Thanks!

Message has been deleted

Narendra Mohan

Nov 15, 2019, 6:30:30 AM11/15/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello Adwords support team ,

We are also facing the same issue where we are trying to download Geo performance data at city level ( using Adwords API)  but there is discrepancy in data for few cities when compared with Adwords UI. Numbers are more on report downloaded through API call.

For Instance, Impressions on Adwords UI : 12  and Impressions returned on API call : 14

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Nov 15, 2019, 3:04:39 PM11/15/19
to naren...@deltax.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hello Narendra,

I am form the Google Ads API team. Could you please share the complete report definition and the UI screenshot from where you are comparing these results? Please use reply privately to the author option while sharing the information requested.

Regards,
Sai Teja, Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5001UOCDAG:ref

Narendra Mohan

Nov 19, 2019, 5:38:18 AM11/19/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum

Thank you Sai Teja! Sent the details privately.